ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 399,827 times)

SM

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Nov 12, 2014, 11:16:38 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 12, 2014, 09:32:29 PM
Also some of those guys don't have names that link to the actor e.g. Yoshi Troy.

This is one of the largest cast pics I've seen from ALIEN3. Vincent might be the guy who is looking away ;)

Nice pic!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 12, 2014, 11:29:07 PMI'm not familiar with that.  What's the mystery?
Specifically, try this article.

I don't know if this has been asked before - apologies if it has - but does this book just reference the films, or does it make any nods towards the games as well? (I'm mainly thinking of Isolation.)

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SM on Nov 12, 2014, 09:26:46 PM
Don't know.  Mark Newman and Nick Gillard in the bug wash at the start of the AC with Kevin, but as far as I know neither have been indentified as specific prisoners (the script just says "three prisoners").  And the body the Alien is nomming when Kevin finds it to start the bait and chase can't be identified as black or white (Newman is black).

Xeno Alpha may know more.

The book plays up the Vincent Enigma (TM).

In one Hill & Giler draft it's Janni, Vincent & Ed that's in the bug wash.  In the film it's Rains, Mark Newman and Nick Gillard.  In another draft the bug wash scene is replaced with a dream sequence.  Turns out both Newman & Gilard were killed during the entrapment scene: Clicky

Mark Newman was also in the attempted rape scene alongside Junior, William and Gregor.  In one Hill and Giler draft Newman is identified as Martin.  In other drafts he's just noted as a stunt prisoner, no name.

SM

Bugger me.  Never noticed him in the rape scene.

QuoteI don't know if this has been asked before - apologies if it has - but does this book just reference the films, or does it make any nods towards the games as well? (I'm mainly thinking of Isolation.)

This pic that Quarax posted earlier should answer that, even in blurred French.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=49493.0;attach=3753

Ultramorph

Maybe it's just the blurred French, but it looks like both the entries for Prometheus and Fire and Stone have what look appear to be censor bars, assumingly being W-Y redacting information on the Engineers. That's a nice touch, if that is what it turns it to be, since it's an "in universe" book focussing on the xenomorphs.

SM

Yeah it's an in-universe way of avoiding potential sequel content.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SM on Nov 13, 2014, 10:11:17 PM
Bugger me.  Never noticed him in the rape scene.

Yep.  You see him at least twice and for only a few seconds each time.

SM

Theres an even better shot when Ripley is being held over the rail.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Nov 13, 2014, 10:11:17 PMThis pic that Quarax posted earlier should answer that, even in blurred French.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=49493.0;attach=3753
Thanks. I mostly skipped over the timeline image because the text is too blurry to make any of it out. Great that we finally get a definitive date for Resurrection though.

Local Trouble

Did SM receive his copy yet?

SM

Nope.

Think it might've been pushed back to (northern) Spring.

HuDaFuK

How come ze French got zeirs when we still aff to wait?

SM

Zay are zee, 'ow you say, jammy bastards.

locusta

Yep, totally wonder the same. Btw, the Spanish version I posted a few pages back, was pushed to Christmas.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed