[SPOILERS] So Covenant confirms that AvP and AvPR are not canon films.

Started by bacchus, May 13, 2017, 11:29:48 PM

Author
[SPOILERS] So Covenant confirms that AvP and AvPR are not canon films. (Read 92,413 times)

Nukiemorph

I'm hoping David kills the space jockey and takes down the derelict with a canister of black goo.

Seeing what it did to the population of Planet 4, I think that would make a fine sci-fi explanation for the fossilized look of the pilot.

SM

Not a bad idea, that.

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 09, 2019, 08:17:09 AM
In my made-up story for the sequel, David finds an old Engineer ship. Which would explain the state of the Derelict.

Wouldn't explain the already chestburstered Pilot though.

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 09, 2019, 08:22:48 AM
Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 09, 2019, 07:52:42 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Jan 09, 2019, 07:39:35 AM
You said "Many other ways"

Give me one that doesn't concern the Alien itself.

An offhand comment about Weyland's bloodline or the history of the Corporation. I don't know why you're pressing me on this, it doesn't hold much relevance to the discussion at hand. Ad nauseam  ::)

So... stuff that's already present in the films and the W-Y Report.
But you theory craft around anyway to deny their relevance.

https://y.yarn.co/9ac2de18-91a3-43b5-9b10-0605cbdeb5a9_text.gif

What stuff that is already present in the films and W-Y Report?

Good use of that gif btw ahaha

The Old One

The Old One

Because there's no Charles Bishop Weyland in the W-Y Report.

But there is;
Peter Weyland, Keiko Yutani, Mitchell Kane &
"The scientists, researchers, engineers who dared to dream the future and create the improbable;
Sir Peter Weyland, Jay Kasic, Dr. Sara de Ville and Michael Bishop."

As for the idea that Michael Bishop's a Weyland?

"Sir Peter Weyland's only legitimate child." -Meredith Vickers W-Y Report.
With no mention of children, crushed under the Juggernaut.

There's literally a book released by 20th Century Fox-
which chronicles the history of the corporation.
You don't get anymore definitive than that.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: David's Creation on Jan 09, 2019, 08:23:12 AM
I'm hoping David kills the space jockey and takes down the derelict with a canister of black goo.

Seeing what it did to the population of Planet 4, I think that would make a fine sci-fi explanation for the fossilized look of the pilot.

I like the idea, problem is how is he gonna send a message afterwards.

A facehugger would make sense in that the pilot crashes because of the "hugging".
When he wakes up and becomes aware of the situation, he sends out the signal before the chestburst happens.

But how does he get hugged if he's wearing his helmet?
Unless David cut him up like a drug smuggling victim and implanted something in him.

SM

So he gets hugged before he has his helmet on.

Nukiemorph

I like to think the space jockey flew to LV-426 with the cargo, then sent the warning to keep others safely away from it.

Perhaps he had the intention of sacrificing himself and remaining with the ship.  Perhaps he planned to escape.  Perhaps he'd already been facehugged and knew he was done for, which would explain how he was able to load the eggs into the ship.

Either way, he goes to LV-426 and sends the signal for the purpose of quarantining the xenomorphs that he has taken from David.

David steps out from the shadows with a canister of black goo, revealing that he had stowed away, and attacks the engineer with the pathogen.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2019, 09:14:09 AM
So he gets hugged before he has his helmet on.

Makes sense. He gets hugged, realises he's doomed and sacrifices himself stealing David's cargo.

Quote from: David's Creation on Jan 09, 2019, 09:25:17 AM
I like to think the space jockey flew to LV-426 with the cargo, then sent the warning to keep others safely away from it.

Perhaps he had the intention of sacrificing himself and remaining with the ship.  Perhaps he planned to escape.  Perhaps he'd already been facehugged and knew he was done for, which would explain how he was able to load the eggs into the ship.

David steps out from the shadows with a canister of black goo, revealing that he had stowed away, and attacks the engineer with the pathogen.

The sacrifice part makes sense.
In my fantasy, the ship is David's (back-up) plan. He's at the colony as Walter, while producing eggs in an old Engineer ship (Derelict) he found.
The arriving Engineers find this out at some point and one sacrifices himself.

SM

Would be a nice bookend if one of them picked up an egg and was deliberately hugged.

Voodoo Magic

I definitely like this sacrifice idea.

Necronomicon II

Yeah I like the quarantine idea, makes sense.

Voodoo Magic

@Thread - Fix your title:

"[SPOILERS] So Covenant confirms that AvP and AvPR are not no longer canon films."

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed, although;

"[SPOILERS] So Prometheus, Covenant & The W-Y Report confirms that AvP and AvPR are no longer canon."

Voodoo Magic

I think we're both very refreshingly predictable Old One.  ;D

Necronomicon II

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed