Alien growing?

Started by agentdc7, Jun 20, 2008, 06:36:41 PM

Author
Alien growing? (Read 3,949 times)

agentdc7

agentdc7

It's always been implied that a chesburster grows into a 8' creature, but has there been any visual documentation of it?  I haven never seen this actually happen in any film and am curious how they do grow so fast (omitting the AVP accelerated version).

Have they ever shown it in a comic?

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

The comics aren't canon, so they can show a wizard doing it for all they matter.

With the information gathered from the films, it would seem that the aliens find a nice safe place, and start growing rapidly, shedding layers of skin as they do.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

It shows some of it in AVP:R, Chet stands up slowly while pieces of the skin are falling off her.

Undeadite

Undeadite

The novelization of Alien has an interesting discussion between Ash and... I think it was Dallas but it could have been Ripley, about this topic. Anyways, Dallas goes and confronts Ash about keeping the alien alive because the autodoc should have picked up on the embryo, especially when like you said it is about 8'' long. Ash says that the alien feeds off of nutruients, glucose, adipose tissue and some other stuff, but that the autodoc did not detect it because the total mass was kept in equilibrium. Now aside from Ash obviously covering it up, does that help at all?

Alien Drone 531

Alien Drone 531

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 20, 2008, 06:53:28 PM
It shows some of it in AVP:R, Chet stands up slowly while pieces of the skin are falling off her.

yeah in like the first 5 minutes right? but u gotta turn up the brightness on your tv 2 see it.... well thats wat i did anyway

Undeadite

Undeadite

Oh wow, I never noticed that until now.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I noticed it the first time I saw the film.

SM

SM

The Alien that kills Murphy in the pipe is an intermediate growth stage.

The Diesel

The Diesel

In one of Steve Perry's novelizations it describes the Alien growing noticeably larger while the scientists are monitoring it inside a host.  I know it's not canon, but I thought it could be a viable scenario.

Undeadite

Undeadite

I think you are talking about Earth Hive. No two books or movies are the same, some say it gestates in the stomach, others say the thoracic (sp?) cavity, some say they are free floating while others say they have umbilical like chords that feed off of blood (but none can agree on how many of said chords there are), some say the host's vitality affects the growth while others say that all hosts are equally effictient (the A:R book says both lol), etc. etc. The only thing that they agree on is that the embryo bursts out thru the rib cage.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 28, 2008, 01:34:13 AM
I noticed it the first time I saw the film.

Private Hudson

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I'm wondering what to make of Scott's statement at the AFI Q&A that he wanted a stage between the chestburster and the adult alien where we see I think he said something like a black egg on legs and then the egg unravels itself into the adult form. I could only make that out because my computer is too old to play those videoclips of the Q&A properly

Later On
Aha, now I've listened to it properly. He wanted this folded up alien to be walking around on feet indeed, but this must be the shot as shown in the Alien comic book where the creature was folded up like a box and unfolds. This is the first time that Scott has publicly talked about it.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 20, 2008, 06:53:28 PM

I personally don't consider AVP:Rectum part of the alien franchise canon

you shouldn't too.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Lol, good point, we shouldn't, but sadly it is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed