Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight

Started by Olde, Jun 30, 2016, 01:43:00 AM

Author
Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight (Read 32,010 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gruyères on Sep 11, 2017, 11:19:14 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 11, 2017, 10:11:58 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Sep 10, 2017, 03:33:32 AM
I'm not the only one who noticed this, as lots of people commented on it,  but I really hope they can replace the gun fire sound as something else. The sound effect of regular gunpowder discharge sounds very out of place out of a weapon made out of flesh. It would be really sickeningly awesome to have it a wet organic sound to really cement the whole universe I am in. How unique these weapons can be instead of gunpowder and even plasma blasts if they did that just one little detail.

Is it something the developers have been made aware of?

Someone suggested it through the Kickstarter comments section, and their Production Manager somewhat aknowledged that "things aren't final as today", so let's see.

As long as they're aware of the concerns. I wasn't too bothered by it before but now it's been mentioned I can see the issue.

Olde

Same. Hadn't noticed it before but once you mentioned it, it does sound wholly out of place. Hopefully just a placeholder sound effect.

Corporal Hicks

New update.

QuoteWe have reached 75% of our goal! More than 3300 backers helped us raise 112K in just 10 days! Thank you all for your amazing support!

We're doing our best to bring you the demo as fast as possible. We're also working on a solution to enable you to back the campaign with PayPal. The entire team is optimistic about the campaign, but it's too early to celebrate.

With 24 more days to go, we can do a lot more together. You can help us by spreading the word about the game and our campaign and in return we will do everything humanly possible to make a game you won't forget!

We took some time to make a showcase of high poly models for creatures in the game, as token of gratitude to the entire community. You can take a look at the video on our Facebook page.

Olde

Just for some more information/art, check out this 2016 Rock Paper Shotgun article on the game. I'll also briefly add some art pics that I think look cool.

I wonder what nicknames the fans will come up with for some of these creatures.  :laugh:

Gruyères

http://www.pcgamer.com/behind-the-beautifully-grotesque-art-of-scorn/

"Alien is one of my favorite movies," he says. "I don't really care for the sequels or the rubbish Ridley is doing now. Thematically, it's not that similar. I would say the mystery and sense of unknown in the scene with the Space Jockey shares the most with Scorn." 

Couldn't say it better if I was making a game like this.

Corporal Hicks

They're so close to suceeding with the funding. Another 19 days left and 1/6 of the goal to go.

Olde

Olde

85% of the way there with a little over two weeks left. The projected release date for the demo is in ten days.

QuoteIt's been 18 days since the start of the campaign and together we've managed to gather 85% of our required goal! It wouldn't be possible without you, an amazing community of almost 3700 people from around the world gathered around the idea of bringing Scorn to life!

Our work on the demo is almost done, we expect to finish everything NEXT WEEK! After that we'll submit the demo to Steam and once the submission is approved, we'll start sending out keys to every backer out there! We expect that demo will be in your hand in the next 10 days.

For everyone wondering about slower campaign pace, we'd like to say that it's expected, since most of the campaign follows a U curve, with most backers at the beginning and the end of the campaign.

If you want to, you could help us get there faster by inviting your friends. If everyone would bring over just one person we would reach 7000 of backers in no time and we would burn through the stretch goals. Of course, we leave it to your discretion, and we're trully grateful for having your support. It's really a huge thing for a small team.

So our team took some time from making the demo and made two brief videos as a token of gratitude for your continuous support and patience while waiting for the demo to be released.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1777595379/scorn-part-1-of-2-dasein/posts/1993562

Corporal Hicks

7 and a bit grand left. 12 days. That should happen.

Really really can't wait to try that demo.

Olde

95% reached.

Xenomania

No doubt it'll get funded, but it's a shame it probably won't reach those stretch goals, like the additional content. :(

Gruyères

Quote from: Xenomania on Sep 28, 2017, 08:16:05 AM
No doubt it'll get funded, but it's a shame it probably won't reach those stretch goals, like the additional content. :(

I really hope Part 1 it's a success besides kickstarter campaign (main sales, rave reviews) thus making extra content for Part 2 :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Demo is on the way out! Just gotta wait on the keys showing up in your inboxes.

Quote from: Xenomania on Sep 28, 2017, 08:16:05 AM

It's a shame but these things are always a risk.

Got my code! Unfortunately, it'll take me a while to download.

Olde

Ah, thanks for the head's up. I got the code too. Downloading now.  ;D

Gruyères

Yup, playing it now.

Olde

Olde

Just tried the demo. It's the same amount as in the gameplay trailer but it's fun as hell. It's one of those things that's worth going through it multiple times so you can appreciate it as art. There aren't really any secrets or anything to spoil, but even so I'd recommend putting comments on specifics in spoiler tags. So here are just some preliminary comments on the gameplay.

Spoiler
Everything feels good in the context of this game, which is clearly a much slower paced FPS in the vein of survival horror. There are a couple of times where it's better to avoid enemies than to engage them. The enemies are no joke, and there's no way to change the difficulty, which I like. Limited health and ammo is a good thing in this regard. On my first run, I had no ammo left when I got to the end, so I guess I was pretty lucky that there weren't any more enemies at the end. There aren't crouch or jump functions, which I would have personally added, but I don't think this game is really intended for that kind of thing.

Edit: I found the second weapon on my second playthrough. Cleverly placed.
[close]

All in all I think it's a great demo and if we get a feature-length game out of this, I think it's going to be great. I just hope they don't succumb to whiny naggers in the comments who can't see how much health or ammo at all times, even though you can check with Q, or whatever else complaints they'll surely have.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed