Colonial Marines Moved to Autumn 2012

Started by ikarop, Jan 26, 2012, 01:22:24 PM

Author
Colonial Marines Moved to Autumn 2012 (Read 45,790 times)

Lonely Universe

The screenshots from Game Informer in 2008 look pretty damn dedicated to me.

Don't sit around and argue when you could do something about it and cancel your pre-orders.

In the meantime I suggest we do lots of public bitching all over Facebook and any updates Gearbox or Sega may post today.

newbeing

Quote from: EarthAngel on Jan 26, 2012, 03:26:17 PM

Don't sit around and argue when you could do something about it and cancel your pre-orders.

In the meantime I suggest we do lots of public bitching all over Facebook and any updates Gearbox or Sega may post today.

The gameinformer pics were prototypes. They were essentially props staged in Unreal to help sell the concept to Sega and Fox. No code had been written at that time.

You might want to just chillax. I can understand being disappointed, but what is public bitching really going to get you? It hasn't gotten us much in the past 5 years I'll tell you that much. There are much more important things to get your blood boiling.

Berserker Pred

This is a sorry sight, but the fact that they have taken more time to do it is good so it will mean we get a better game, tighter and more polished.

ikarop

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 26, 2012, 03:40:21 PM
Quote from: EarthAngel on Jan 26, 2012, 03:26:17 PM

The gameinformer pics were prototypes. They were essentially props staged in Unreal to help sell the concept to Sega and Fox. No code had been written at that time.

You might want to just chillax. I can understand being disappointed, but what is public bitching really going to get you? It hasn't gotten us much in the past 5 years I'll tell you that much. There are much more important things to get your blood boiling.

Not to mention that we have Prometheus to keep us busy in the meanwhile! Stay positive people.

WinterActual

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 26, 2012, 02:23:49 PM

There's gotta be an end to adding the finishing touches, man. They've been working on this damn game for 7 years now. That's plenty of f**kin time.

Quote from: EarthAngel on Jan 26, 2012, 02:38:16 PM
You can just count me out on ACM. I'm sick of the delays and I'm not buying in protest.

Aliens fans have waited too long on this game for Gearbox to cop out now and try to ride on the release of Prometheus to sell copies.

I urge everyone to cancel their pre-orders until today's delay is retracted.

THATS THE SPIRIT GUYS! I am with you 100%!  I suffered enough of this shit. What GBX are thinking? That they can compete with the "big" games in Autumn? Rolf how naive! Everyone who are they aiming for to buy ACM will go for the big mainstream title instead of ACM thats for sure but they will lost the core of ACM - us, because we wait for this game since 2006 (or even 2000 if we count the PS2 game as ACM game). Without our dedication this project would be already dead LONG time ago. To wait for ACM is like to wait to see a ghost - it will never happen. But we "were there" after all. We are still waiting for our "ghost". Well not anymore, SEGA (or GBX).

And yeah someone gotta make Hitler's reaction to ACM delay!

Bat Chain Puller

Maybe it just needs more work? Or maybe they are pushing forward with multiplayer and playable Aliens.

If so, great. Worth the wait.

If not, we'll know in a few months.

Lonely Universe

>:( Everyone says that same crap every time.

It's a disservice to the fans. The game is complete.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: EarthAngel on Jan 26, 2012, 04:02:45 PMThe game is complete.
How do you know? Do you work at Gearbox?

To be honest i was half expecting it to get delayed, we haven't really seen much of the game since E3 if anything other than the 11 minute walk-through and some small snippets of info, it was pretty naive to think the game would be coming out March/April or the latest May since usually before any high profile game comes out we see more of it via magazine/online previews plus advertisements just before release.

This hasn't been the case with ACM at all sadly but I'm not really to fussed about it as long as it does come out some point this year then i'm happy enough. Hopefully we'll get to see more of ACM at E3 this year, really won't be happy if its some stupid behind closed doors crap again.

In short, here is hoping the delay benefits ACM. :)

newbeing

Quote from: EarthAngel on Jan 26, 2012, 04:02:45 PM
>:( Everyone says that same crap every time.

It's a disservice to the fans. The game is complete.

And you know this how?

If gearbox is still in the process of writing story elements and recording dialog then the game is not complete. As of November they were still in pre-alpha. Sega is not delaying the game to troll you. It was just poor planning on their part to say it was coming out in the Spring. It was pretty evident from the E3 demo that the game was still in pretty early development when they announced that release window.

Sgt Monday

This is very discouraging ,to be waitimg for a game and getting delaya after delays.

ON THE PLUS SIDE,there are many other great games out right now to keep gamers busy.
Its a great business move to have the game release after Prometheus hits theather,to boost
Sales.And right around the holidays.
More sales = more chances to get a sequel.

AND hopefully they will be using the next few months to perfect the game.
As we can see,the game is near completion.IF they can make the game that much better in
the next 6 months and release a REAL fps contender instead of a Alien fan
Lackluster,the waiting will pay off.

A demo release of the multiplayer would be a great move to promote game and show the waiting fans
That the game is fun and engaging,and will be well worth the wait.

predxeno

Well, if they delayed the release of the game then maybe it's simply to put more time and effort into it so as to make it a better game; hopefully this will go a lot better than Jurassic Park The game by TellTale Games.  I'm actually a little relieved as I've been afraid that the release of this game would decrease the number of AVP2010 players and I still need to get that Real Nasty Habit Trophy.

Stringer2355

At this point I think they should cancel the game, give the script to James Cameron and let him go make it a movie

Lonely Universe

I know that because I'm not a gullible moron. They're just holding out to get more money off the frenzy Prometheus is going to stir up. It's called deductive reasoning.

You guys act like you're not sick of waiting, so wait some more.

predxeno

I'm not sick of waiting; I still have AVP2010 to beat.

Prime113

HA! Did someone mention a sequel? Yeah, that'll be released around the time of the Xbox 1080.  :laugh:

And, by most of your guy's theory, the should just never release the f**kin' game. I mean, it can always get better, right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed