Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.8%)
The Strause Brothers
39 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 69,266 times)

Huntsman

I'm happy with them making solo films for the time being. The reputation of both franchises is on the up. Prey is solid. Romulus is hopefully as good. Once they have another solid foundation I'd be willing to see another mashup with a worthy story.

Wweyland

Get Neil Marshall on this

SiL

No. No no no. That ship has long sailed.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The two names that keep floating in my head as feeling right for AVP movie are Dan Trachtenberg and David Twohy (Twohy being a name I'd also be very happy to see attached to a standalone Predator movie). Maybe André Øvredal...

Were it not for the stories about Alex Garland ghost directing the film, I'd have said Pete Travis based on Dredd – but Garland is someone that I think would be a very good fit for an Alien movie proper, not AVP.

Were it not for the "Alien 5" fiasco, Neill Blomkamp is probably another one I theoretically might have said, at some point in the past, would have the right sensibilities for an AVP. It'd never happen now though, and that's fine.

Oh, you know what, I'm also going to throw Robert Rodriguez's name out there, if he were to actually personally direct it and not feel like he was falling asleep halfway through writing the shooting draft of the script (*cough* Predators *cough*). Get him on some of that Alita: Battle Angel juice, mix in some From Dusk Till Dawn/Planet Terror, and let him have at it, even if he does insist in shooting in his backyard in Texas. :laugh:

Ale Motion Comic

Ale Motion Comic

Why? The 3 are terrible.

Quote from: Huntsman on Apr 29, 2024, 11:39:37 AMRomulus is hopefully as good.
Fede Alvarez directed Evil Dead and Don't Breathe so i expect Romulus to be at least decent.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ale Motion Comic on Apr 30, 2024, 11:13:28 AMWhy? The 3 are terrible.

The three what?

EDIT: Oh, wait, I'm assuming you mean PWSA and the Strauses?

Ale Motion Comic

Ale Motion Comic

That's correct Nightmare. Those 3 directors are horrible, there are many better options out there.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Ale Motion Comic on Apr 30, 2024, 04:56:52 PMThat's correct Nightmare. Those 3 directors are horrible, there are many better options out there.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 23, 2024, 10:21:09 AM
Quote from: DARIAS93 on Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PMPaul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?
So who do you think deserves to direct AVP3? and give a really good reason why.

Is suicide an option?

BigDaddyJohn

With these three it's the only option.

Mr.Turok

If it had to be between the two, Paul Anderson, no contest. He fought his damm hardest to make the first AVP a space setting film and following the sources before he had to cave to the excecs and move the setting to Antarctica. He also made Event Horizon, which was a pretty damm good horror suspense film. Seems like when is able and really wants to do it, he can make a pretty good film.

SiL

Did he fight to have it in space? The way he mentions it in his pitch was he had an idea for setting it on Earth that he thought would match what Davis wanted.

SM

Yeah way I heard it Anderson pitched Earth to give David what he wanted.

SiL

I know the Bros wanted space and wanted the movie to have a flash forward to the future.

SM

Much as I loathe fan edits wonder how hard it be to replace the boat stuff of AvP with shots of the Prometheus approach and landing. Snow and whaling station wouldn't fit I guess.

SiL

Nostromo landing on LV-426 colour corrected from grey to white.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed