2 More Days of Filming!

Started by ace3g, Jul 19, 2018, 12:48:58 AM

Author
2 More Days of Filming! (Read 22,705 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 19, 2018, 05:57:04 PM
Personally I wish more movies would adopt the Wrath of Khan method of "sequel baiting."

Drop a few seeds into the main story and just... Ya know, don't comment or draw attention to em. Just have em there. Spock working to save the ship, knocks Doctor McCoy out, mind melds, says "remember." and poof. That's the thread for a sequel.

Yeah, a passing mention or brief glimpse of something just to wet the appetite is much better than the Marvel-type endings that completely set up the next movie for you, leaving no wiggle room to change the plot or wait to see what the actual audience reaction is to the film.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 19, 2018, 06:02:31 PM
Right. The two leads could've been McKenna and Dutch...

What's baffling to me is that it's a replay of a previous attempt to get Schwarzenegger into a Predator film via a cameo and he gave the same answer then. He won't do a cameo. So I don't even know why they bothered to write one. I'd rather they didn't bring Dutch back, but if they were going to do it, at least make it something meaty with some kind of a progression of the character. Take it places.

MrPeterKeyes666

MrPeterKeyes666

With the news of two more films planned and Shane saying "AVP isn't dead"- would not be surprised if their are certain cameos in these reshoots that lead to another AVP film.

MudButt

MudButt

I don't think the characters in AvP are memorable enough to warrant a post-credits cameo. It would either be Dutch or they're just re-tooling the ending.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I've thought Arnold would end up doing it since I read the script, and I still do.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jul 19, 2018, 06:58:09 PM
I've thought Arnold would end up doing it since I read the script, and I still do.
I'll say this much, if he was willing to be in Killing Gunther where he's hardly in it then why not do a small cameo in a franchise you helped start? Or at least a small role

MrPeterKeyes666

MrPeterKeyes666

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 06:52:31 PM
I don't think the characters in AvP are memorable enough to warrant a post-credits cameo. It would either be Dutch or they're just re-tooling the ending.
I don't think it would feature the characters of AVP but set up a sequel to this that is AVP with Dutch and Ripley. With Disney owning Fox, that is the type of event film they would want to make. Even if this does not do well at the box office, that film would still be an event.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jul 19, 2018, 07:00:55 PM
I'll say this much, if he was willing to be in Killing Gunther where he's hardly in it then why not do a small cameo in a franchise you helped start? Or at least a small role

His cameo in the original script is designed to lead into presumably a larger role in future.

MudButt

MudButt

I'd imagine the role would be greatly expanded on further sequels as well. If not, just collect a paycheck. He's done it plenty of times with some of the crap he's put out in the last few years, what's one more?

Quote from: MrPeterKeyes666 on Jul 19, 2018, 07:02:00 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 06:52:31 PM
I don't think it would feature the characters of AVP but set up a sequel to this that is AVP with Dutch and Ripley. With Disney owning Fox, that is the type of event film they would want to make. Even if this does not do well at the box office, that film would still be an event.

No way in hell they're going to do that. Ripley is from hundreds of years in the future. That sounds like a Direct-to-DVD premise. Disney does not own Fox yet, I'm sure come next year they will, but as of right now Fox is still Fox.

MrPeterKeyes666

MrPeterKeyes666

Time travel!

[/quote]

No way in hell they're going to do that. Ripley is from hundreds of years in the future. That sounds like a Direct-to-DVD premise. Disney does not own Fox yet, I'm sure come next year they will, but as of right now Fox is still Fox.
[/quote]

MudButt

MudButt

See now you're making this franchise go off the rails. Once they introduce time travel these movies are done.

MrPeterKeyes666

MrPeterKeyes666

It worked for X-Men and Deadpool.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: MrPeterKeyes666 on Jul 19, 2018, 07:23:03 PM
It worked for X-Men and Deadpool.

Comic-book characters that already had decades of history involving Time Travel. These movies have never been about time travel and introducing it now would only convolute things. Shane Black is attempting to revive the Predator franchise, not the AvP franchise.

The Old One

The Old One

Time travel belongs far, far away from Alien and Predator.

If you want to kill their credibility for good- that would be how.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jul 19, 2018, 07:03:32 PM
Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jul 19, 2018, 07:00:55 PM

His cameo in the original script is designed to lead into presumably a larger role in future.
That's what my thought was, Bring him back to setup a sequel

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed