How has Alien: Covenant affected your personal canon?

Started by marrerom, Aug 03, 2017, 02:14:11 PM

Author
How has Alien: Covenant affected your personal canon? (Read 9,231 times)

ralfy

"Interview with James Cameron & Gale Ann Hurd, 1986"

https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2013/02/02/interview-with-james-cameron-gale-ann-hurd-1986/

QuoteCameron: But, you see, that was never seen at all. Yes, it's in contradiction to the reproductive cycle that was in the original script of the first film. But it's not in contradiction to what you saw in the film. What you saw in the film was a thousand eggs, one of them hatches, one of them goes through its life cycle, becomes an adult, and is killed. There is no connection between the adult and the future eggs. Now, in the scene that was apparently shot and cut, and which I never saw, in which Tom Skerritt and Harry Dean Stanton are turning into eggs, that closed the cycle. But, to me, that was completely irrelevant to what you actually saw in the film.

Unless you're an ardent fan of the film and studied what was taken out, which to me is irrelevant to the group experience of this movie, it's not a contradiction, it's merely an alternative explanation. And a more plausible one, really.

SM

Struggling with the reason to resurrect a six year old thread for an interview with Jimmy C.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jan 06, 2024, 08:27:29 AMStruggling with the reason to resurrect a six year old thread for an interview with Jimmy C.
Ralfy just wants to feel relevant, and there's no current threads left for him to infect.

Acid_Reign161

Yup, resurrecting a dead thread with a completely off-topic James Cameron quote that nobody was discussing for unknown reasons; seems to be Ralfy's M.O. 😂 No doubt the egg-morph was working with Burke...

426Buddy

His endless, meaningless, and dull word vomiting has really made me less interesting in reading any actuall Alien discussion here.

I'm sure others have walked away due his pages and pages of nonsense.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 06, 2024, 04:36:36 PMHis endless, meaningless, and dull word vomiting has really made me less interesting in reading any actuall Alien discussion here.

I'm sure others have walked away due his pages and pages of nonsense.

Yup... it's like a waiting game for which thread will be targeted next. Always ends the same; either the thread dies or it becomes so off topic with everyone trying to counter the insanity that the mods have no choice but to lock it. 😔 And then it's rinse and repeat. It may be time to retreat to the subscriber threads where it's (currently) safe.

The Cruentus

If he is such a problem then just ignore him and respond to each other instead. Mocking or provoking isn't helping nor is it good form. Just agree to disagree.

While this thread has been brought up though...

As I think I already said previously in this thread, Covenent left a bad taste with what it did with the Alien lore. I am guessing those behind the rpg must have felt similar since they did have the creature from covenant as a different species. Plagiarus linesteres instead of Plagiarus praepotens I think.

426Buddy

Almost every thread he posts in ends revolving around well meaning members trying earnestly to have an actual back and forth. You can't expect everyone to unanimously just ignore him. He's always going to pull someone in and then the whole thing devolves.

And for the record I do not engage with him anymore. Im just saying as someone who reads discussion here, more than I contribute, it's made this place much less appealing.

SM

He's blocked a tonne of people so he's only trying to engage with people who agree with him.

razeak

What I see on film in Convenant is open to interpretation on David being the creator. I'll go with he merely put a twist on an existing recipe.  :laugh:

The Cruentus

I really wish that was the case, sadly Ridley Made it clear that his intent was that David was the creator.

SM

Which the film bears out.

SiL

Yeah the film is not at all vague on the issue.

Local Trouble

I like where this is headed. 8)

The Cruentus

"You engineered these things David?"

"This is what I wanted to show you, my successes"

"I found perfection here, I created it. Perfect organism"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed