Fangoria, anyone?

Started by SiL, Oct 17, 2007, 05:40:23 AM

Author
Fangoria, anyone? (Read 35,751 times)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Oct 17, 2007, 11:36:16 AM
It's a shame, because even if the Strauses' have got the film right, ADI have got the creatures wrong and it unfortunately effects the whole movie (Ok, so only the Alien neck downwards, facehuggers & chestbursters, PredAlien, and possibly Predator face are really bad, the rest is swell).
ADI would love to do the old alien design again, but as we all know, these movies havent got a big budget, so ADI has to take the old molds again and there was just enough money for them to re-design the alien head and neck because the predator took a lot of money because they had to do him from scratch, the avp designs were horrible and the filmmakers saw that too.
And what i heard about the predalien and what the studio originally wanted... ohh my.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 17, 2007, 10:40:31 AM

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8808/avprmelterdb2.jpg

I'm probably the only guy here who's happy with what I'm seeing. The Chestbursters mouth looks a little big but it still looks great. I'm really liking the Facehugger, but I don't know what that pink fleshy bit is at the top. The acid burned guy is Dale Post who you see in the Red Band.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 17, 2007, 11:45:08 AM
ADI would love to do the old alien design again, but as we all know, these movies havent got a big budget, so ADI has to take the old molds again and there was just enough money for them to re-design the alien head and neck because the predator took a lot of money because they had to do him from scratch, the avp designs were horrible and the filmmakers saw that too.
Pure, weapons-grade balonium.  Three movies and counting with the nu-ADI Aliens.  They think the new one is 'way cool'.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Looking good to me

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 17, 2007, 11:47:38 AM
Pure, weapons-grade balonium.  Three movies and counting with the nu-ADI Aliens.  They think the new one is 'way cool'.
Of course they wont say that there work sucks, would you?
And they said that they like the new heads.
And no, this is not shit, or some speculation of mine, i have been told that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 17, 2007, 11:47:38 AM

Worry not, when I'm doing A5 and/or AvP3, I'll make sure we go with a new creature effects studio. Or maybe just Winston.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 17, 2007, 11:51:30 AM
And no, this is not shit, or some speculation of mine, i have been told that.

Told by whom?

And regardless of what they may or may not have said about returning to an earlier style, the final product belies any such claim. 

The changes they've made over the course of A:R, AvP, and AvPR have been easily noted...and yet many of the 'problems' remain, even as they alter things that are better off left alone.  They only get further and further away from the original, not closer.

Highland

Highland

I actually like the new hugger colours, looks good. Burster doesnt really bother me, take a look back
at alien, all the bursters have a slight change, its no worse.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteTold by whom?
From someone who has worked on the movie and has seen the movie in every cut.
QuoteThe changes they've made over the course of A:R, AvP, and AvPR have been easily noted...and yet many of the 'problems' remain, even as they alter things that are better off left alone.
Like i said, it wasnt in colins or the filmakers or ADI´s hands to re-design the aliens from scratch because of the budget.
The predator had priority to the filmmakers because he was really messed in avp, and when the design is shitty then you cant hide it with ligtning, then its just shitty.
The predalien swallowed a big part of the budget, actually the most, and because the budget was very tight they had to take the old aliens again and the only thing they could do was re-designing the heads slightly.
The predaliens design was an overall problem because the studio wanted to take the predalien in a different direction, a totally different direction then it is now.
And trust me, if we got that predalien, we actually all would start to cry and burn down the studio.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 17, 2007, 12:05:40 PM
From someone who has worked on the movie and has seen the movie in every cut.
...and their name is...

QuoteLike i said, it wasnt in colins or the filmakers or ADI´s hands to re-design the aliens from scratch because of the budget.
Who said anything about 'from scratch'?  Like I said, the changes they make each film takes the Alien further from the original design.  Seldom do the alterations go in the right direction.  Or are you tellin' me it'd cost too much to go back to the non-A:R tails, for example?

QuoteThe predalien swallowed a big part of the budget
Money well spent.  No, wait...the opposite.  :)

QuoteAnd trust me, if we got that predalien, we actually all would start to cry and burn down the studio.
So the new one wins by default.  The very best, and most satisfying way to design an Alien.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote...and their name is...
Forget it, the man will get PM bombs if i spoil him.
QuoteOr are you tellin' me it'd cost too much to go back to the non-A:R tails, for example?
From what i have heard it actually would, there was no money for it simply, the predator and predalien and the heads had to be done from scratch, the budget just simply didnt allowed to do anything new.I know it sounds shitty, but thats actually the way it is.
QuoteMoney well spent.  No, wait...the opposite.
Thats a matter of opinions, i like the predalien, and he said that it will be very biomecanical, and thats exactly what took the time and money.
QuoteSo the new one wins by default.
Not by default actually, the really fought for the predalien, yes, they fought for it, because if not then the predalien wouldnt be an alien anymore.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

...But the PA looks like poo.

Gates

Gates

Donkey poo to be exact...  ;D

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Liking the pics, chestburster not so sure about.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 17, 2007, 12:22:45 PM
...But the PA looks like poo.
I think it will have its great moments in the movie, and actually, its impossible for a creature to look good in every shot in the movie, sometimes the alien looks shitty or fake in the originals too and the predator also.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed