Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel

Started by ikarop, Aug 01, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

Author
Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel (Read 89,415 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on Aug 02, 2012, 09:36:11 AM
What "troubled controversy"?

Well, the general audience reaction has hardly been smooth sailing, has it? :)

Quote from: JKS1 on Aug 02, 2012, 12:04:14 PM
Re. Ridley Scott: 'he's happy with the edit we saw'......really ??!!!.........he really said that ??!!!............really ????!!!!!!!

It was in an interview where he was asked if there was going to be much added for the Blu-Ray release. He said that there would be lots of stuff included as extras, but that he wasn't planning on some kind of radically new edition, because he was happy with the way it is.

Quote from: 180924609 on Aug 02, 2012, 08:25:15 PM
The director views paradise in his movie as "sinister and ominous".

Is that like how he predicted this one would "scare the shit out of you"? :)

SM

SM

QuoteWell, the general audience reaction has hardly been smooth sailing, has it?

You tell me, has it?

Been pretty positive overall as far as I can tell.  Hardly "controversial" or "troubled".

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SM on Aug 03, 2012, 03:07:13 AM
QuoteWell, the general audience reaction has hardly been smooth sailing, has it?

You tell me, has it?

Been pretty positive overall as far as I can tell.  Hardly "controversial" or "troubled".

Ya. I'd say the general audience reaction has been mostly positive. That's not just taking facts into account. Everyone of my "regular" friends really liked it when I asked them. It seems to be only at higher levels the arguments start. If you go to the Blu Ray forums it has a 90% popularity rating.

Definition of regular - Someone who does not collect toys, comic books or hang out on nerd site's all day like me.....  ;)

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

According to Boxoffice Mojo Prometheus is the highest grossing movie for Fox this year, so far.  Which I am not surprize they want a second one to happen but I dout it will get a budget on par with the first.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Aug 03, 2012, 04:33:15 AM
According to Boxoffice Mojo Prometheus is the highest grossing movie for Fox this year, so far.  Which I am not surprize they want a second one to happen but I dout it will get a budget on par with the first.

I'd agree with that. I could see it getting around 100 - 120 mill. Basically lower or slightly under.

Very unlikely it would get more. Could depend on how the Blu Ray goes and the like.

I guess there are slight savings to be made though on top of that. Costumes, ship interiors, not making the same mistakes again etc etc

SM

SM

If it's just Nooms and Fassbender with Ian Whyte as the Engineers, casting costs would be well down.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

A bunch Ian Whyte Engineers fighting off Proto-aliens!

SM

SM

Played by Tom Woodruff Jnr...

:-X

Nightmare Asylum

Oh God, my prediction is coming true :D

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 02, 2012, 07:05:02 PM
Quote from: Eva on Aug 02, 2012, 07:02:37 PM
BANNED for even contemplating taking relationship advice from PHANTOM  ;)

BANNED for having a name that will eventually be used when the Alien and Prometheus franchises cross over.

EVA: Engineers vs Aliens

Coming soon to a fanfiction forum near you

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Aug 03, 2012, 05:39:38 AM
Played by Tom Woodruff Jnr...

:-X

LOL, the Proto-Alien DOES look like something ADI would design. All organic-looking and such.

Nightmare Asylum

And pretty cool (or, at the very least, interesting) looking...lets not forget that :D

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Aug 03, 2012, 04:33:15 AM

Domestic, in total Ice Age made double and a bit more.
Anyway, that is actually really bad for FOX.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on Aug 03, 2012, 03:07:13 AM
You tell me, has it?

Not from what I've seen, no. YMMV.

Highland

Highland

Like what?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 03, 2012, 05:44:25 AM
LOL, the Proto-Alien DOES look like something ADI would design. All organic-looking and such.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m65cd66lWS1rxhm6yo1_500.jpg

eh The Deacon > all the fleshy ADI designs.

blue shark-like skin ftw.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed