Some questions...

Started by Marcus9000, Feb 26, 2017, 04:11:23 PM

Author
Some questions... (Read 372 times)

Marcus9000

Marcus9000

New to forum, but big fan of Alien movies, obviously. A lot of questions I dint know answers to, but I sure people on here will help me get up to speed!

So please cut me some slack as I've read a lot of stuff but I read so many conflicting interpretations that I need Alien aficionados to put me right!!!

Ok, here we go.

1. Why does the star map in Prometheus lead to a military base & not Engineers homeworld?

2. Do LV223 & LV436 orbit the same gas giant?

3. Who set off distress beacon in original Alien?

4. How old was Space Jockey fossil in Alien?

5. Why is Space Jockey so much larger in Alien than Engineers in Prometheus?

6. Is Daniels Ripley's mum?

7. Does Covenant colony ship crash at start of film?

8. Who created the Engineers?

9. Is "Paradise" the Engineers' homeworld in Covenant?

10. Will the Xenomorph be David's creation thanks to a natural occurring Deacon/Neomorph/Ultramorph or equivalent and Walter?

Thanks for taking the time to read this rambling, and I appreciate any answers to any or all of the questions (or direct me to relevant threads).

Really just to help me get me up to speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enoch

Enoch

1. Its pretty vague. Maybe the star map was a warning and not an invitation as they thought at the beginning. It could also suggest that there are more factions of Engineers.

2. NO

3. Maybe the Space Jockey, maybe someone else.

4. Not known. Possibly thousands of years.

5. Maybe it was deliberate (Space Jockey could represent ancient race and Engineers are just imitating them) or it was just another stupid aspect of Prometheus. Discrepancies and inconsistencies...

6. NOOOO Definitely no.

7. NO.

8. GOD, some ancient race, black goo :) or maybe....

9. Its definitely a homeworld to some humanoid race, but
as I said there could be several different groups of Engineers so keep
that in mind. The civilization we are about to see on Paradise is way primitive (like Romans)
from those Engineers we saw on LV-223.

10. I think David just recreated the primordial Xenomorph. Its obvious that goo (mutagen) is always trying to mutate organism and create new (evolved) organism with many xeno features. Goo could perhaps be a blood of that ancient creature (Prometheus mural)... So, in short, David is not complete creator, but more re creator of those organism. I m sure there is more to Xeno origin, but we ll never find that out... What kind of role will xenos play, is of course more important question than their mysterious origins.

Marcus9000

Marcus9000

Excellent points. Thanks for such a quick and interesting reply.

Yes the whole Xenomorph/Engineer relationship is so interesting. I too remember the mural in Prometheus... Maybe the Engineers worshipped the Xeno?

Like the idea of the black goo recreating animals with a Xeno bent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed