Noah Hawley speaks at Austin Film Festival

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Oct 28, 2023, 10:43:56 AM

Author
Noah Hawley speaks at Austin Film Festival (Read 9,881 times)

littlesprout

littlesprout

QuoteUnless he means they think they're being progressive in terms of rejuvenating the series but are actually going backwards.

Which it be @littlesprout?

This is what it be @SiL as in they're being too bold with the direction they're taking it. (Or thinking they're working outside the box)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 28, 2023, 09:30:38 PMI still think we should give him a go. You never know.

Give Tootles a chance.

SiL

Quote from: littlesprout on Oct 29, 2023, 12:01:55 AM
QuoteUnless he means they think they're being progressive in terms of rejuvenating the series but are actually going backwards.

Which it be @littlesprout?

This is what it be @SiL as in they're being too bold with the direction they're taking it. (Or thinking they're working outside the box)
Then apologies for leaping to conclusions!

ralfy

Good points by Hawley.

littlesprout

It's okay @SiL

Corporal Hicks

We just need to re-read some stuff and then we might have something to expand on on this.

SiL

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2023, 11:01:28 AMEvery word about this project somehow still manages to interest me less and less.

Prove me wrong Hicks

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2023, 09:03:03 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2023, 11:01:28 AMEvery word about this project somehow still manages to interest me less and less.

Prove me wrong Hicks

There will be no proof.  You will continue to plunge ever more deeply into an abyss of hopeless despair and eventually look back on this moment, wondering how you could ever have been so optimistic.

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 29, 2023, 09:33:38 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2023, 09:03:03 AM

Prove me wrong Hicks

There will be no proof.  You will continue to plunge ever more deeply into an abyss of hopeless despair and eventually look back on this moment, wondering how you could ever have been so optimistic.
You see a mouse trap; I see free cheese and a challenge.

David Weyland

I think this will be world building at least

Strands of Ridley Scott's influence are there in direction and think the black goo or a replication of it will be the starting point or carrier of the Alien element here

It's all a big experiment to see if a tv series can be sustained by the premise of the Alien story and think there's a good thing in there in fairness of padding the thing out more for the sake of the franchise because the tropes set by the films become tired and is of benefit to widen them.

Head canons will go into meltdown though 😄

BenditlikeBeckum

Has anyone watched Chapplewait or From? I'm hoping it will match that expectation of quality while tossing in that Raised by Wolves flare.
I also think that not expanding the Alien lore is a wasted opportunity.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

I think the best approach for the series would be to take these specific aspects of the movies:

1 - The tone and atmosphere of the first Alien movie.

2 - The world building and sets/look of the second movie (Aliens).

3 - The character study and drama of the third movie (Alien 3), which Noah Hawley has proven to be a master of, with Fargo's iconic and memorable characters.

Quote from: BenditlikeBeckum on Oct 29, 2023, 02:57:19 PMHas anyone watched Chapplewait or From? I'm hoping it will match that expectation of quality while tossing in that Raised by Wolves flare.
I also think that not expanding the Alien lore is a wasted opportunity.

I will give my honest thoughts regarding From.

Incredible premise and the first season has a lot of highs when it comes to horror, but the second season is so bad that made me drop the show for the future.

The series feels like Lost where it just introduces new questions every new episode without answering the first questions.

BenditlikeBeckum

Yeah the last few episodes consisted of people screaming nonstop for minutes on end. Its like 15 minutes was wasted entirely on people having seizure episodes.

S.E.B.

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Oct 29, 2023, 02:59:05 PMI think the best approach for the series would be to take this specific aspects of the movies:

1 - The tone and atmosphere of the first Alien movie.

2 - The world building and sets/look of the second movie (Aliens).

3 - The character study and drama of the third movie (Alien 3), which Noah Hawley has proven to be a master of, with Fargo's iconic and memorable characters.

I for one would definitely dig that!

Gimitko

Gimitko

Hawley is an actual genius, you have NO IDEA how lucky you are to have your property adapted by him. Ive been absolutely obsessed with Legion the past few weeks and just now realized the villain is a Noah self-insert and I havent seen one person figure that out. Holy shit. I know this sounds exaggerated and arrogant, like im raving like a lunatic, but the second you understand Legion and enter Noahs headspace, you understand that he is basically the second coming. Its the most sophisticated piece of art I have seen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed