Riddick

Started by Speed37, Jun 04, 2008, 11:34:44 PM

Author
Riddick (Read 162,486 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Didn't much care for Chronicles personally. Pitch Black was damned entertaining, though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Chronicles was more enjoyable after seeing Dark Fury.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The two games are actually pretty good as well.  I rank them amongst the top in movie related games.  Certainly much more impressive than ACM.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 19, 2013, 02:02:39 AM
Didn't much care for Chronicles personally. Pitch Black was damned entertaining, though.

Loved the designs for Necromongers. Lord Marshall's helmet is too cool.

Shasvre

Shasvre

genocyber

genocyber

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 19, 2013, 04:05:31 PM
The two games are actually pretty good as well.  I rank them amongst the top in movie related games.  Certainly much more impressive than ACM.

Yup agreed. Especially Escape From Butcher Bay. Thats an incredible game, very atmospheric and dared to do something a bit different for a FPS.

The first half of Assault On Dark Athena was excellent but it really loses its way fast, when you land on the planet.......and it's bright daylight. Ending was piss poor as well. Never find out what happened to Johns and the kid. We know Johns must obviously get free and then somehow capture Riddick but what about the kid. I highly, highly doubt it but I'd love a final third game that ties directly into the beginning of Pitch Black.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Chronicles was an OK sequel, it wasn't Pitch Black entertainment but it had some interesting character development for the remaining original crew. 

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jun 21, 2013, 08:41:51 PM

Chronicles was an OK sequel, it wasn't Pitch Black entertainment but it had some interesting character development for the remaining original crew.

I agree.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

I think Chronicles problem was the change of scale from Pitch Black, they went for epic but it didn't quite work.  Though I found the Necromungers interesting, their design was a little weak IMO. Still an enjoyable sequel though

genocyber

genocyber

I actually disagree with all of what you said. The world building made it feel like an epic. It opened the doors to a whole new rich universe untrapped, where Pitch Black seemed very near future earth and not nearly as interesting in concept. Yes it was great seeing Riddick in the first movie, but it was better seeing him in the second as a super killer take down imperial drones. The necromongers looked fantastic, and were unique in their own way. The third movie just seems to be redoing Pitch Black all over again with nothing really new to add.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: genocyber on Jun 22, 2013, 08:36:06 PM
I actually disagree with all of what you said. The world building made it feel like an epic. It opened the doors to a whole new rich universe untrapped, where Pitch Black seemed very near future earth and not nearly as interesting in concept. Yes it was great seeing Riddick in the first movie, but it was better seeing him in the second as a super killer take down imperial drones. The necromongers looked fantastic, and were unique in their own way. The third movie just seems to be redoing Pitch Black all over again with nothing really new to add.

I agree here. The second film did much more than just say "look at badass Riddick again" by adding so many different elements. By the end, I know I wasn't the only one going "f**king Conan in space."

And personally, I'm happy with Riddick having that title. Sure the movie had it's cheesy moments, but I enjoyed what they tried to do. And that art direction! I don't think it gets enough credit, given how much crap we get these days. Very rarely to productions have freedom to try something kind of new, it seems.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Meh. Chronicles was okay, but it felt like it was set in a completely different universe from Pitch Black. I also have serious issues with turning Riddick into a Christ figure.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 22, 2013, 09:00:23 PM
turning Riddick into a Christ figure.

You can't be serious. Nothing in the films even comes close to insinuating anything 'Christ-like" about Riddick. Sounds like the inventive imaginations of some over-analyzing fans. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

He's the lone survivor of a massacre of infants by a cruel ruler and is destined to save the universe.

Moses or Jesus, take your pick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed