Time to spill your beans

Started by nanison, Oct 07, 2023, 12:45:32 PM

Author
Time to spill your beans (Read 5,680 times)

nanison

nanison

When I was a kid and saw Alien I fell in love with Ripley's character and 30 years later I still am.

Now I know Sigourney isn't famous for her beauty or for being a "babe" but I surely am not the only one who felt attracted to her since watching this film from early age?

Maybe I was "ripe" early on but Ripley jumping in the spacesuit in her underwear never left my brain. Those were some very skimpy briefs though  :laugh:

It also never felt weird to me to see a badass woman in a film, her poses with the flamethrower and later in aliens with the pulse rifle are iconic. She was a character I looked up to when I was young and she held her own among Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude Van Damme and Arnold Schwarzenegger throughout my youth.

Lets be real here, her suiting up scenes in aliens to save Newt is blood pumping, Arnold Schwarzeneggers same scene on the beach in Commando doesn't come close to that badass scene but it was also really cool.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

She never did anything for me. Too butch for my tastes. I prefer the more feminine Lambert.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Ripley has Burke's haircut in the second film. :'(

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 10, 2023, 03:23:05 AMRipley has Burke's haircut in the second film. :'(

Yes. She was even more butch in ALIENS - not as extreme as Vasquez though.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Wweyland

Wweyland

That boobage would never happen nowadays.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 10, 2023, 06:03:40 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihk1O-Z3POo

Would ALIEN be the same film if she looked like that as "Ripley"?  :laugh:

Spoiler
She looks great as a blonde.
[close]

AlienatedPredator

OP is incorrect, Sigourney was regarded as a beauty when young and did some modeling. I dig her.

SM

SM

Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 10, 2023, 07:01:12 AMThat boobage would never happen nowadays.

Why not?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: SM on Nov 24, 2023, 07:40:02 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 10, 2023, 07:01:12 AMThat boobage would never happen nowadays.

Why not?
It's inappropriate. But perhaps only fine in a satire film like that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed