[Grain Of Salt] Aliens/3/Resurrection 4K Remasters Inbound

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 23, 2021, 08:41:07 PM

Author
[Grain Of Salt] Aliens/3/Resurrection 4K Remasters Inbound (Read 36,451 times)

Nukiemorph

Quote from: SiL on Mar 16, 2024, 11:24:26 PMWeird, I still don't see anything.
It's a GIF of Hudson saying to Vasquez: "Colors that pop. Vivid mode."
Vasquez responds "You take that back."

SiL

Ignorance was bliss.

SM

You'll sleep better now though.

Corporal Hicks

*Not watched. Just seen on my travels today.

Nukiemorph

Good analysis.

He's not crazy about the enhanced sharpness & grain-reduction, but he loves the new audio.

He also points out how much more detail we could have gotten from highlights and shadows if they'd re-scanned the film in 4K like they did for Alien. But Jim just upscaled the existing transfer from the blu-ray, so this release doesn't really get any benefit from 4K's higher dynamic range.

SiL

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 21, 2024, 09:53:30 AMBut Jim just upscaled the existing transfer from the blu-ray, so this release doesn't really get any benefit from 4K's higher dynamic range.
Or any other real benefit of 4K for that matter. Not doing a 4K scan is dumb.

Local Trouble

So what's the verdict?  Has the color red been completely eradicated yet?

Nukiemorph

Not when viewed through the tears of blood that this "abomination" apparently provokes.

E. Shaw

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Feb 24, 2021, 12:26:00 AMWouldn't be too surprised if this was true... but I'll be very surprised if they give the 4K effort to the assembly cut.

The Assembly Cut needs it, the audio is bad in places, sounds like static school announcement mike in parts when they re-inserted scenes.

BlueMarsalis79

Aliens will be the worst looking of the Alien films in 4K and that's nuts.

SiL

Aliens is the worst looking of the films in any format.

BlueMarsalis79

Agree to disagree parts of AlienĀ³ and most of Resurrection are barely any better than the DVD on Blu-ray.

SiL

No, I don't think I will.

BlueMarsalis79

Aliens on Blu-ray looks damn good, AlienĀ³ restored stuff not so much, Alien Resurrection pretty rarely.

From filmic to a soap opera.

SiL

Resurrection is beautiful on blu.

Aliens will always be the worst looking of the films regardless of format.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed