Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by Ulfer - Today at 09:09:30 AM
I understand the rationale behind the choice to have a younger crew, scenario-wise, but there can also be commercial motivations behind it and I must admit I think that there are already too many (horror) movies with insufferable young characters (to please the YA audience), thus I have some apprehension about this aspect.
I agree with solace97. The reactions to the alien in the first movie were great and conveyed the true alienness of the creature, the horror and awe of the characters when they saw it in its adult stage. However, with the second movie, the multiplication of the creatures diminished this aspect and although there was terror, it was less linked to the appearance of just one xeno. There are passages of the third movie where the xeno is impressive for the audience in that sense too. In Covenant, I found the tiny bit where the Protoxeno enters into the hangar at the end to convey that same impression. The problem is also linked to the degree of exposition to the creature, its screentime, and other things.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by PsyKore - Today at 07:49:00 AM
I don't remember them specifically saying they built it in game with humanoid legs. It's always "we noticed," "we thought," etc. It was just a means to placate the purists.

The legs didn't bother me honestly. I had more of a problem with its stomping and  constant grinning.
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 27, 2024, 09:48:09 AM
Quote from: dHunter333 on Apr 27, 2024, 06:17:38 AMIf anyone is intersted, here is my review of the Bear Blood Ultimate Feral Predator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWPxB1MCgQw
Dude, I love your reviews.
You seriously need to make one about your custom Dutch team from PREDATOR.
I need recipes for some of those.

I did...a while ago
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr65UDFeLfM&t=5s&pp=ygUXZGh1bnRlciBjdXN0b20gcHJlZGF0b3I%3D
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Rating Predi...
Last post by PsyKore - Today at 07:37:04 AM
I'm guessing a 5 or 6. Average. The few throwbacks to the old films we've seen tends to lead me to believe it may be a bit cookie cutter and lack substance in some form.  Hoping for better though.
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 07:04:52 AM
You can't
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 11:28:59 PMThey were adamant they weren't changing it for Romulus, but unless that's no longer the case the book is outdated a year before it's released at this point.
Plans can always change.

It always seemed daft to me dropping it right around the time a new movie is set to release because, as you've said, it's immediately incomplete.

If it really is getting pushed back that far and they aren't putting some Romulus content in... well, that'd be a bizarre move to say the least.
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Today at 06:56:17 AM

"He might know how to kill it..."
Ripley ALIEN
Last post by TheBATMAN - Today at 06:52:40 AM
As I thought Mr Aaron. As I thought...
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by Kradan - Today at 06:29:06 AM
I like Dillon. Of course there's no "but" about what he's done. He's very frank and upfront about it - he doesn't hide it and neither does he take any pride in it - I can respect that. He also protects Ripley from being gang-raped and stands up for her on several occasions which also contributes to me liking him

Also

Spoiler
We're all gonna die, the only question is when. This is as good a place as any to take your first steps to heaven. The only question is how you check out. Do you wanna go on your feet? Or on your f**king knees, begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothin! So I say f**k that thing! Let's fight it!
[close]
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Rating Predi...
Last post by solace97 - Today at 06:09:34 AM

I LOVE THIS ENERGY AND I HOPE YOURE RIGHT

BUT...

Spoiler
that was only the teaser and anyone can make a teaser look good  ;D
[close]
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed