Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 301,665 times)

Magegg

Let's use "superior sequel" ;)

RakaiThwei

I... I don't know how to feel now.

T Dog

He should really just continue on with RIpley 8 and finish the story.

Bret Easton Ellis was right about this being "generation wuss". "Awwwwww mommy mommy Hicks ish deaddddd waaaaaaaaahh."

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Magegg on Mar 05, 2015, 10:43:03 PM
Let's use "superior sequel" ;)
Or truer sequel  ;D

Magegg

The true sequel is Alien Outbreak  8)

SiL

The true best perfect sequel is Alien3.

Magegg

Quote from: SiL on Mar 05, 2015, 11:42:08 PM
The true best perfect sequel is Alien3.
Good luck trying to convince anyone of that  ::)

Jarac

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 05, 2015, 11:23:13 PM

Bret Easton Ellis was right about this being "generation wuss". "Awwwwww mommy mommy Hicks ish deaddddd waaaaaaaaahh."

Except I wouldn't go to see it, and many people wouldn't because Resurrection sucks and truly marked the downfall of the franchise. I see QQ from people who are saying "NO ALIEN 4 IS PERFECT!"

T Dog

Quote from: Jarac on Mar 06, 2015, 12:26:22 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 05, 2015, 11:23:13 PM

Except I wouldn't go to see it, and many people wouldn't because Resurrection sucks and truly marked the downfall of the franchise. I see QQ from people who are saying "NO ALIEN 4 IS PERFECT!"

Resurrection is a far cry from the first 2 movies and certainly a step below 3, but I do think it is superior to Prometheus and doesn't "suck".

Just because it's not a great movie doesn't mean that a great movie can't be made using the reborn Ripley character from that movie. I think it's just better that Hicks and Newt be left dead and then they can finally just finish the Ripley story for good instead of doing any retcon nonsense.

Blomkamp's movie could easily end up being worse than 3 and where the f**k is the series gonna be then?

SiL

Quote from: Magegg on Mar 06, 2015, 12:10:09 AM
I don't need to, most people think it already. Only a small, vocal subset of fanboys think otherwise :)

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2015, 01:18:59 AM
I don't need to, most people think it already. Only a small, vocal subset of fanboys think otherwise :)

For me its an enough good sequel and closure of the series. I don't care too much what other people think bout it really.

Valaquen

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 05, 2015, 10:10:35 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 05, 2015, 10:05:47 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 05, 2015, 08:37:48 PM
"True sequel" cracks me up every time...  :D

I always see folk saying the same for Alien 3 in relation to Alien. If that's what it is for them, fair enough.

Who says that? I've never heard anyone say that before. I've heard people saying that it's tone is closer to ALIEN than ALIENS, but that's about it.

A lot of Alien 3 fans from around the internet who don't favour Cameron's movie. Put it down to anecdotal evidence, not a blanket or factual statement.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 06, 2015, 01:45:08 AM

I always see folk saying the same for Alien 3 in relation to Alien. If that's what it is for them, fair enough.

Who says that? I've never heard anyone say that before. I've heard people saying that it's tone is closer to ALIEN than ALIENS, but that's about it.

A lot of Alien 3 fans from around the internet who don't favour Cameron's movie. Put it down to anecdotal evidence, not a blanket or factual statement.

Yeah, I think they tend to exaggerate how "bleak" Alien is.

Magegg

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Mar 06, 2015, 01:34:18 AM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2015, 01:18:59 AM

For me its an enough good sequel and closure of the series. I don't care too much what other people think bout it really.
Ha ha, yeah. You better stay there in your little personal world  :D

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 06, 2015, 01:45:08 AM

Fair enough. But compared to the raging mobs that refuse to see it as a "true" sequel it doesn't even compare.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed