brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 155,210 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

strange there wasn't any heads up about this EW first look. There usually always is.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Just wondering, anyone ever thought whatever it is inside the white line. could it actually be something man made...such as landing gear or part of some vehicle??

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Not sure where this is, but it would be hard getting something so large and bulky into a cave without crushing possible specimens or finds.  As someone said, its probably the base of one of the huge pillars you see in the back.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Its a long shot I agree, but I don't think it's the base of a pillar, you can see from recent pics they're a different shape.  It just looks too man-made to me. The Ampule Room is massive there's no doubt about that, and it's always been assumed it was under ground, but could Prometheus have crashed into it and this is part of the wreckage we've seen already? 

sdb5057

sdb5057

I have a feeling people will be surprised when they find out there are more creatures than just humans, SJ and Alien(xeno). I have a feeling there is going to be a LOT MORE biodiversity than that.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Really digging Ridley's puffy jacket...

Disappointed that the suits aren't more NASA-like and bulky, but would rather they make the computer displays more retro-tastic if there's time in post-production. It's going to look really weird when you see them in chronological order.

maddriver

maddriver

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 24, 2011, 06:43:02 AM
Really digging Ridley's puffy jacket...

Disappointed that the suits aren't more NASA-like and bulky, but would rather they make the computer displays more retro-tastic if there's time in post-production. It's going to look really weird when you see them in chronological order.

Star Wars prequels

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Darkoo on Nov 23, 2011, 09:31:27 PM
Quote from: Zenzucht on Nov 23, 2011, 09:24:36 PM
$100 million? That's pretty cheap.
QuoteWhat's important is the atmosphere and the obvious high-budget design that's going on -- some reports have said the cost of the movie is upwards from $200 million --
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32546

I hope they keep it at 100 million. You can make some great CG now these days with low amount of money. I think 200 million is too much for a possible R rated film and I don't want this to flop like Green Lantern did.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: RoaryUK on Nov 24, 2011, 01:39:11 AM
Just wondering, anyone ever thought whatever it is inside the white line. could it actually be something man made...such as landing gear or part of some vehicle??
Looks like the base of the thing the Jockey sits with in Alien.

Space Jockey King

Quote from: SiL on Nov 24, 2011, 08:50:16 AM
Yes it may well be the chair which the Jockey sits in, but if you look by its side there is something layed be side of it,  it could be the Space Jockey or any other  type of being?.. maybe the Prometheus crew or something else managed to kill it and it fell of its chair lol who knows?? :)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

There was certainly the floor base upon which it sits, shown in the leaked footage... Perhaps both are related.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I know we've all seen the scans, but has this official one from EW been posted?

whiterabbit

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Nov 23, 2011, 10:17:57 PM
This is what I'm seeing at present whether it's really there or not. Quite honestly I don't know what they're shining the torch on

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jP6XLcqhFiY/Ts1wjTFwcVI/AAAAAAAAA1E/d21-pMS4lag/s1024/corpse.jpg
It is the same as the face on one of the leaked set pics that adorn the top of the entrance. The sculpture itself must be be one of the "new" creatures. Doubt it if posting set pics is allowed here but it's the pic where all of the urns are stacked in a circle.

Engineer1

Engineer1

In the leaked image from SDCC there is the reverse shot of this exact image.
The Engineer's seat is not there, it's the entrance of the temple/ship.
It's either the base of the huge door or another pillar.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 24, 2011, 11:36:01 AM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Nov 23, 2011, 10:17:57 PM
This is what I'm seeing at present whether it's really there or not. Quite honestly I don't know what they're shining the torch on

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jP6XLcqhFiY/Ts1wjTFwcVI/AAAAAAAAA1E/d21-pMS4lag/s1024/corpse.jpg
It is the same as the face on one of the leaked set pics that adorn the top of the entrance. The sculpture itself must be be one of the "new" creatures. Doubt it if posting set pics is allowed here but it's the pic where all of the urns are stacked in a circle.

Which image is that? The small set photo here at AvPGalaxy that shows a domed entryway? Above it, it does look like a head of some sorts, though I think it is more like a lamp.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed