brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 155,218 times)

SM

SM

All dark and grainy you mean?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: JaaayDee on Nov 23, 2011, 05:31:34 AM
Can you tell whether the Comic Con footage looked similarly graded to this?:

This color grading was done in photoshop in an attempt to visualize how the shot would look after post.
QuoteGoing off the footage I saw at Comic Con, the film's lighting is far more muted (i.e. closer to the original ALIEN) than what we're seeing here.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52057

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Quote from: SM on Nov 23, 2011, 05:38:18 AM
All dark and grainy you mean?

Yes, precisely.  Thanks for your inquiry.

Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 23, 2011, 05:41:28 AM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Nov 23, 2011, 05:31:34 AM
Can you tell whether the Comic Con footage looked similarly graded to this?:

This color grading was done in photoshop in an attempt to visualize how the shot would look after post.
QuoteGoing off the footage I saw at Comic Con, the film's lighting is far more muted (i.e. closer to the original ALIEN) than what we're seeing here.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52057

I knew it.

SM

SM

QuoteYes, precisely.

Better not.  That 'shop job looks shithouse.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

I appreciate your honesty.  But I'm still pretty sure that it looks better then what EW gave us.

Otherwise, would you please grade your own version and kindly post it up here to spite me, because right now you're coming off to me as severely arrogant.

SM

SM

QuoteI appreciate your honesty.  But I'm still pretty sure that it looks better than what EW gave us.

Dunno about that.  Foreground lighting on the characters looks way too dark.

QuoteOtherwise, would you please grade your own version and post it up here to spite me, because right now you're coming off to me as severely arrogant.

Too bad?  If I had Photoshop handy I might have a crack, but I'm a bit better with Combustion on that sort of thing.  If, of course it would make any difference to anything.  Which it won't.  I'm sure anything that ends up on screen will look infinitely better than magazine scans and low res stuff shot on mobile phones of Comic Con footage.

chupacabras acheronsis

lightning's fine, you just messed up the graning.

now try making it dark as shit and then silvering until it looks almost black and white ala Cameron.

SM

SM

Or just make it too dark a la Strause(s).  ;D

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Those suits remind of the the fantastic 4 movie suits.  :-\ bust with helmets on

SM

SM

Hadn't thought of that, but yeah there is a bit of Fantastic Four in there.  Mind you the chest and shoulder stuff breaks it up.  On Theron, not so much.  Not necessarily a bad thing though.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

It just needs more plating like the original.  All that bare spandex does start to look uncanny for Alien-esque space suits.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Some turd on imdb has been complaining about a teal filter on the images. Is there truth to this?

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Shithouse V2:

SM

SM

Definate improvement in lighting on the talent.

Biomechanoid20

Biomechanoid20

;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed