Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Author
Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete (Read 48,025 times)

overthere

This new Predator is perfect opportunity for Arnold cameo. I can't get the idea out of my head that the government would contact Dutch in case of emergency to get his advice on how to deal with it. Dutch's face is now perpetually stuck with the look he had in the last scene in the chopper. We see him in some remote cabin, walls full of news reports and research he's done on his own.

RakaiThwei

I'm actually laughing with the folks who are quite thankful Rodriguez is not a part of this movie! I have to admit, I am quite thankful for that too but I'm just wondering what the premise of the film is going to be, as I am sure a lot of us are wondering too.  :laugh:

Someone had mentioned not wanting a female Predator in this movie well... there is a video on Youtube where Shane discusses on the different Predators we're going to be seeing and he sort of teased the possibility of a female Predator.

HuDaFuK

I wouldn't mind a female Predator... so long as they don't go down the ridiculous "Give it boobies!" route.

You have to ask how/why defining it as female would be important though.

Corporal Hicks

As long as she doesn't have boobs I'm fine with it.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 01, 2015, 03:33:15 PM
You have to ask how/why defining it as female would be important though.

And that's the important part. Who's to say the ones we've met so far haven't all been female anyway.

HuDaFuK

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I quite like the theory that the City Hunter in Predator 2 might have been female, if only because it looked so different to the other "classics" we've seen. Different colour, different facial structure. Who's to say it wasn't Mrs. Pussyface?

Eugh, slightly regret typing that...

Space Disc Jockey

I've always been interested to see a female Predator on-screen. The design doesn't need to scream, boobs/cleavage. They can design something respectful, and unique/different. I see nothing wrong with the idea/possibility.

As for the setting, I like the idea of it taking place in the past, such as World War 1, World War 2, Cold War, Vietnam, Vikings, Feudal Japan, Medieval...a lot of cool setting opportunities. I honestly, want to see a scene, where a Predator hunts a T-Rex.

Anyway, I'm more excited for Predator 4, and Alien 5, than Alien: Covenant.

Mike

Mike

I thought Predators was a damn good movie. It did it's job of acting like a reboot having nods to the origional which was awsome. And it did it's job wonderfully of rebooting the Predator franchise and starting from a fresh point after both Avp films. I would of loved to see that Noland Prequel that Nimrod and Robert talked about back then. That would of been so awsome!!!!! But I'm so very much looking forward to the new one!! But getting back to Predators I think was such a badass film I must of watched it a million times and never get tired of it. It's so Rewatchable. Predators to be will and always be a classic. Such an awsome movie!!!!!!!! :D:D :D:D

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mike on Dec 01, 2015, 04:09:29 PMIt did it's job of acting like a reboot having nods to the origional which was awsome.

Eugh IT WAS NOT A REBOOT.

Why are people so incapable of knowing what that word actually means?

Mike

Mike

Regaurdless of what is was still was a damn good film! That started off a fresh story after the Avp films. It did everything right, everything.

Master

I actually prefere AvP over Predators. I like my films being fresh instead of rehearse of classic movie with forced cooler and bigger factor slapped on it.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Master on Dec 01, 2015, 04:49:53 PM
I actually prefere AvP over Predators. I like my films being fresh instead of rehearse of classic movie with forced cooler and bigger factor slapped on it.
Agree with you say if predators was the sequel instead of predator 2 then lets say it would get an even worse rating.

Mike

Mike

Predators was it's own thing, in doing that it was nice that it had many Easter eggs/ nods to the first film while still doing it's own thing. A lot of people agree with that and for those who don't you can also say Predators was a reboot/remake that started off something fresh and new with it's story it provided. It accomplishes all those factors very we'll to I might add. That's the beauty of this film as it also established many branches were the next story can go whether it's a sequel or a prequel like the Noland Ronald story which would of been amazing. But your still always going to have the beauty of the 1st films story and quality that made the break away for the next ones.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Mike on Dec 01, 2015, 04:09:29 PM
I thought Predators was a damn good movie. It did it's job of acting like a reboot having nods to the origional which was awsome.

You mean it was a homage fest which heavily played on the homages to where some scenes were shot for shot remakes? Okay then.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 01, 2015, 04:39:21 PM
Eugh IT WAS NOT A REBOOT.

Debatable. It was a reboot in the sense that it ignored the AVP films (and Predator 2 to a lesser extent), similarly to how Godzilla 1985 and Halloween H20 ignored the previous movies which came before them and served as a direct sequel to the original. They're sequels, but they're also reboots in the sense that they're ignoring previous installments. Requels or soft-reboot would be the term I'd use to describe PREDATORS.

Quote from: Mike on Dec 01, 2015, 04:44:26 PM
It did everything right, everything.

No, I would disagree with that. If anything, I thought that the project could have been a lot better. I think the main downfall was the man who was behind the project, Robert Rodriguez. If you read his 1994 script, the man simply just DOESN'T get Predator. Infact it took Litvak and Finch to overhaul the entire script to where it was completely different. Compared to Rodriguez's original idea, this one was miles better but still very mediocre. It added things which were never needed.. such as the Super Predators, who were hyped up to be better than the originals, which.. on screen fell quite flat and we were given characters who on-screen, were never named saved for two or three and therefore, we didn't care for any of them except for maybe one.

Quote from: Master on Dec 01, 2015, 04:49:53 PM

My friend, I could give you the biggest bro-hug right now. For once.. we agree on something.

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Dec 01, 2015, 04:59:34 PM
Agree with you say if predators was the sequel instead of predator 2 then lets say it would get an even worse rating.

Funny thing is, Robert Rodriguez actually hated Predator 2 enough to where he said in an interview that he pretended that the second movie didn't exist and wrote PREDATORS as a follow up to first film. So really... Rodriguez never intended it to be the third film. Unfortunately, this statement and interview is largely ignored by the fans, and Antal's statements are more favored who considered it as the third film... Why anyone would want to associate an awesome film like Predator 2 with this taint, well.. that's up to them. Sadly.. Fox seems to perhaps share the idea of that movie being the third. Ugh.. I hope Shane's movie ignores it. I really do.

Quote from: Mike on Dec 01, 2015, 05:35:35 PM
Predators was it's own thing, in doing that it was nice that it had many Easter eggs/ nods to the first film while still doing it's own thing. A lot of people agree with that and for those who don't you can also say Predators was a reboot/remake that started off something fresh and new with it's story it provided.

There was an interview where Robert had said that the movie was a stand-alone but also a sequel. So by that statement, it's a stand-alone sequel. Kind of like how Highlander III: The Final Dimension (aka Highlander III: The Sorcerer) was a stand-alone sequel to the first movie, but was never followed up with Endgame. One could view this movie as similarly such.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 01, 2015, 06:26:48 PMDebatable. It was a reboot in the sense that it ignored the AVP films (and Predator 2 to a lesser extent), similarly to how Godzilla 1985 and Halloween H20 ignored the previous movies which came before them and served as a direct sequel to the original.

Except nothing in Predators makes any of the events of those films in between impossible. A reboot is an active wiping clean of the slate, which Predators did not do. It simply didn't refer to the events of the second/AVP movies.

Mike

Mike

Yes I would like to go by the director himself Nimrod Antal and studio Fox on Predators being the 3rd film in the timeline. I know what RR said as we'll but if Nimrod and the studio mark it as the 3rd film even though no references to P2 then it is. It's the same take Neil Blomkamp is doing with his Alien sequel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed