Full Predators Casting Revealed

Started by Darkness, Oct 07, 2009, 06:12:02 PM

Author
Full Predators Casting Revealed (Read 15,786 times)

Darkness

Darkness

It seems the full casting in Predators have been revealed on Variety. Adrien Brody will be playing the heroic mercenary. He joins the cast of Alice Braga, Danny Trejo, Walt Goggins, Oleg Taktarov, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, and Louiz Ozawa.

In a surprise development, Adrien Brody has been set by 20th Century Fox to play the heroic mercenary who battles alien hunters in "Predators," a reboot of the "Predator" franchise that is being creatively spearheaded by Robert Rodriguez. Brody will star with Alice Braga, Danny Trejo, Walt Goggins, Oleg Taktarov, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, and Louiz Ozawa.

Also Topher Grace is reportedly in negotiations to join Brody as Edwin, an accountant who is a dangerous serial killer. Thanks to Ikarop for the news.

Update: Derek Mears (Jason from Friday 13th) will have a role in the film, reportedly that of a Predator.

Soul

Soul

Adrien Broday, Topher Grace?  Good actors, but in a f**king PREDATOR movie?  Give me a f**king break.  Why don't we put Lindsay Lohan in the next 18th century period piece.  This makes just as little sense as that.  Fox has no clue.  All the AvP fans ever wanted was Aliens, Predators, and Colonial Marines in the same movie.  They couldn't deliver something so mindlessly simple.  Now we have the pianist vs predators.  Come on now.

Raider

Raider

I am actually excited about this. I think Adrien Brody & Topher Grace are both very talented actors and I think they will do good in this film. Also, the actor that I think is playing "Mombasa", his name is Mahershalalhashbaz Ali and he was on a recent episode of Law & Order: SVU and he was terrific in it. I like this casting news.

CELTICPRED

Comparing Topher Grace and Adrien Brody casting decisions to Lohan.   wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Spoon

Spoon

"this is getting better and better by the minute."   And I thought AVP:R had bad actors for the roles.  AHAAHAH Adrien brody I guess survived by hiding in a ditch covered in Predator urine and crap.      Just the thought of the predator picking them as the most bad ass that earth has to offer.   Guess the predators lost their touch.   They went for easy targets.

SiL

SiL

"Fox has no clue."  That dead horse can't be flogged this time - Fox isn't at the helm here. Rodriguez and his Troublemaker Studios are.  Yes, people - Someone OTHER THAN FOX can f**k a movie right up before it even gets off the ground. Who knew?

Good actors is what those movies need. And for Predators they got it. I am very happy with these names.

Commander Griker

nice

Commander Griker

Adrien Brody and Danny Trejo good choice

Commander Griker

Spoon LMAO!!! "Just the thought of the predator picking them as the most bad ass that earth has to offer. Guess the predators lost their touch. They went for easy targets. " True

skull-splitter

Brody.... That sounds good, and the man has near-perfect sense of timing.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Hmm the cast isnt so bad. Hehe how will they fight against predators(Brody and Grace)  They are thiny, soo no hand to hand fight. We shall see. Two options- it will be a good movie(i think the idea for the script is quite good),or a completly piece of garbage(like first AvP).  Time will show.

Oooodz

Oooodz

From The Hollywood Reporter:   Written by Rodriguez, Alex Litvak and Michael Finch, the script follows a group of elite warrior-types who are being hunted by members of a race of merciless alien trackers called Predators.  Brody is a man who ends up inheriting the mantle of leader and is known as a hunter of men. Grace would play an accountant-type whose unassuming facade masks a dangerous serial killer.  Braga is the tough female killer. Ali is a man not afraid to die, Goggins is the loose canon of the group and Taktarov is a former Russian special ops agent.  Trejo, already cast, is Cuchillo, a hardened warrior with twin uzis strapped to his back.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Why, when i was reading the characters to be casted articles, did i think they would get Adrien Brody on board? maybe because hes a shit action actor.  And Topher Grace? These 2 freaking dweebshits need to bulk up or so help me god i will hunt down Rodriguez and firebomb his ass.  Rape me of a decent pred movie again and that tears it.

Rob

Rob

Adrien Brody, Awsome who would of thought it.    :)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed