Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,517 times)

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: MadassAlex on May 07, 2010, 12:05:44 PM
Quote from: 08yeyinde on May 07, 2010, 11:54:48 AMCeltic did it also.
I don't see the difference.  Preds have perfect abilities, and they can hear aliens. Sneaking is not only aliens game, not to mention that preds know aliens, and xenos don't know it. this knowledge is a very important advantage.
I have no skills, just because I hear someone sneaking up on me, and stab him in the heart.

In P1 and P2, we don't get examples of them having advanced hearing. Sure, we hear things louder, but at the ranges presented to us, they wouldn't be out of earshot. Plus, they're all distorted as f**k.

So there's no absolute that says Predators can always hear sneaking Aliens. Aliens are the sneak masters. Think about how soundless Spike was when he pulled his victims above into the ventilation system. Small sound for dragging a still-living body up by one hand. Perhaps Predators are better at detecting Aliens in general. Fair point. But that's not to say that they automatically perceive Aliens when they're present. Gill got gutted by an Alien earlier, which is the point of comparison.

Gill, who did shit all (and yet is still presented to us as a competent Predator) got wtfpwned by an Alien sneak attack. Celtic almost got taken in as well, but died despite his fast reactions. Scar, alone, came to the Alien's playing board and cleaned up.

Being distorted doesn't matter.. for them it's maybe something that make it hear things from distance. It's the same with the vision problem at the end of p1. 'How can theycreate technology like this, or with heat vision'?? It's normal for them, they don't perceive things like us. and they clearly hear things normally you wouldn't, like murmuring to itself in a crowded city, from a top of a skyscraper.

No absolute, of course. there are no absolutes in an argument about fictional caharacters. Highly probable though. preds are masters of sneaking too. I don't deny, aliens had the upper hand in that pyramid. But again, Celtic could make what Scar did also. I see no difference. I saw it equal to Scar's action. They both took action after perception. Only in Scar's case the alien didn't know about that very perception. The hunter wasn't making any moves, or lure the alien, simply spotted it. As Celtic did. Both are good moves, but won't present skill. Or not that much. I don't say that move wasn't good. I'm refering to lack of skill in general, and according the ninja jumpy thing.

And I didn't say they hear aliens all the time, and can easily spot them. What would be the meaning? I only say they have a good potential to do that, but if they get sloppy, they will die, no question (as seen). But since normally they can perceive aliens, it's not a big thing that Scar or Celtic did. And well, if someone is retarded, he will get what he deserves. poor Gill :-\

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Attack.no1 on Feb 01, 2008, 11:32:28 AM

Alien was made years before predator...there for they have nothing to do with each other so dont give that crap about bishop being a droid in alien3 coz he isnt....anderson is a f**king twat.

these films have nothing to do with each other!!!!

Predators did not make the aliens, or get them shipped from the jockey!!!

ffs when are you people going to get it!!!

I'm sorry, but as I was reading back through the thread, I stumbled upon this. I know it's old, but I would never forgive myself if I didn't comment.

First of all, Bishop is an android. This was prominently displayed during Aliens, when they said it in clear English multiple times, or when he was ripped in half, had white goo instead of blood pour out, and survived. He's an android.

Quote from: Attack.no1 on Feb 01, 2008, 11:50:28 AM

Alien was made years before predator...there for they have nothing to do with each other so dont give that crap about bishop being a droid in alien3 coz he isnt....anderson is a f**king twat.

"I'm sure people would love to watch a film set in a temple with NO light at all"

Yet ppl moan about AVP:R being to dark......when there's no power in the town..there for it would be dark!!!

That's the point. People moan about Requiem being too dark to see, because it was. It makes sense, but at the same time, some things must be sacrificed so you can have a film you can see. It may not make sense, but without the light in the Pyramid, there would have been no film. Like Requiem.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Drago-Morph on May 08, 2010, 02:54:23 AM

I'm sorry, but as I was reading back through the thread, I stumbled upon this. I know it's old, but I would never forgive myself if I didn't comment.

First of all, Bishop is an android. This was prominently displayed during Aliens, when they said it in clear English multiple times, or when he was ripped in half, had white goo instead of blood pour out, and survived. He's an android.

He was referring to the Bishop that entered at the end of Alien3, who was a human.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Maybe.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

No! Not here!

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I mean, he didn't seem too worried about his ear, right... ?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

We have a thread for this! We don't need another! Go there!

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

And like, maybe there was new synthetic technology that ran on a red fluid? Like a stealth droid that was designed to get shitkicked like a little bitch?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Have you no decency, sir? Have you no decency?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

And, like, if you take the new AvP game into account, there could be HUNDREDS of Weyland droids...

Which begs the question; why did this one have red internal fluid when AvP's had white? Maybe there are two series: one for shitkicking and one for not-shitkicking. The Weyland-Yutani corporation read the future of A3 to see that that Weyland would get shitkicked, and sent one with red internal fluids to encourage Ripley.

It all comes together.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

And then they stole the Doc's flux capacitor...

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

...  which explains the cloning technology in AR.

Brilliance.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

We have unraveled the puzzle!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Stay on topic, gents.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yessir. Anyways, AvP:R(ectum) is obviously the worse of the two, and if you disagree, you are both a liar and a fool!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed