Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,553 times)

Puks

Puks

QuoteNo-one. The regions currently coated in ice were lush when the pyramids were built, as the film makes clear.

So the pyramids were built in the mesozoic?

No one else noticed how retarded that statement was? Sure, Antarctica was lush, but it was tens of millions of years ago.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

That's the movie's justification, not mine.

Puks

Puks

I never said it was yours.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Yeah, it was a really bad excuse. People have called it out before.

As far as things to bash the movie about, though, that is not at the top of my list.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Puks on Feb 13, 2010, 11:06:58 AM
QuoteNo-one. The regions currently coated in ice were lush when the pyramids were built, as the film makes clear.

So the pyramids were built in the mesozoic?

No one else noticed how retarded that statement was? Sure, Antarctica was lush, but it was tens of millions of years ago.

And tens of millions of years ago, Antarctica was indeed lush and devoid of ice. Dinosaurs used to live there.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not quite sure you got his point, Doom.  :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're right, I didn't. He said "Mesozoic" which was completely off, because humans didn't live back then. I don't remember Sebastian ever mentioning Mesozoic.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

He didn't but it was devoid of ice them. Anytime during human civilization and city building, it was covered with ice though.  :-\

Just a bit of artistic license.

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung

There was a deleted scene that didn't make it onto the DVD (I wonder why?) where whatshisface continues to translate the glyphics and reveals that the predators actually created all the ice in that region to bury the pyramid once things got out of control. It's basically Alien 3 all over again, Anderson wrote an intelligent script and Fox butchered the film to hell. See also: Event Horizon.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Alexa Chung on Feb 18, 2010, 04:43:58 PM
There was a deleted scene that didn't make it onto the DVD (I wonder why?) where whatshisface continues to translate the glyphics and reveals that the predators actually created all the ice in that region to bury the pyramid once things got out of control. It's basically Alien 3 all over again, Anderson wrote an intelligent script and Fox butchered the film to hell. See also: Event Horizon.

Hm. Yes, I'm sure the global climate shifts had nothing to do with it. Must've been the Predators!

Don't like that idea.

Puks

Puks

QuoteAnderson wrote an intelligent script

Sorry, but the idea of predators teaching humans to build pyramids in freakin Antarctica does not seem intelligent to me.

SM

SM

There was barely anything intelligent in Anderson's script.  Fox doesn't write scripts, so-called screen writers do, and there is nothing that could be reinserted into that script that Fox may have cut, that would suddenly make it intelligent.

EarthHive

EarthHive

Quote from: Puks on Feb 18, 2010, 04:58:59 PM
QuoteAnderson wrote an intelligent script

Sorry, but the idea of predators teaching humans to build pyramids in freakin Antarctica does not seem intelligent to me.

I give Anderson credit for writing his own stuff...but that is all the credit he is getting from me.  That and the Queen vs Pred at the end was awesome....but that is it...I swear!

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

I like the action in AVPR better but AVP is a better movie

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Alexa Chung on Feb 18, 2010, 04:43:58 PM
There was a deleted scene that didn't make it onto the DVD (I wonder why?) where whatshisface continues to translate the glyphics and reveals that the predators actually created all the ice in that region to bury the pyramid once things got out of control.
Where'd you get that from? It's not in the novel or the script, or mentioned in any of the DVD special features.

QuoteIt's basically Alien 3 all over again, Anderson wrote an intelligent script and Fox butchered the film to hell. See also: Event Horizon.
Anderson didn't write Event Horizon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed