Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,670 times)

The Demon

The Demon

AvPR

AvP might of had better directing but AvPR's action is so much better. I thought the pacing was close to perfect in AvPR rather than AvP with the slow boring beginning and finally when the action kicks in it dies as quickly as it came and then the rest of the action is just shit really. AvPR wasn't scary at all but it had more horrific affects than AvP, better Predator design, best sound effects, score but even though the acting was bad I found the acting between Sherif Morales and Dallas Howard to be entertaining. The acting in AvP was ok but none of the characters were interesting and I'm sorry to say it but not even Mr. Wayland. There was no point of that if you've saw Bishop II from Alien3. What makes the movies balanced though is that in AvP, I believe the Predators were an embarrestment in design and how they performed against the Aliens whereas in AvPR it was the other way around with the Aliens being the disgraced when they were tossed around like ragdolls from the (Wolf) Predator I found the Aliens design almost a good design but looked horrible on screen. Really the only part of the Aliens that looked good were the face. The Predalien almost made up for that but there's still flaws in it but its still enough to forget about the other Aliens.

I found the forest, sewers, power station, and hive/hostbital settings to be far more appealing than the temple/maze which wasn't very convincing to me. AvPR had a lighting problem that can be fix if you're not stubborn. AvP has some great visuals but the storyline behind them are horrible. The worshipping between Predators and early man was interesting but strips the mysteriousness and scariness from the Predators. The battle on top of the temple was almost decent but it made no sense with all those Aliens.. there couldn't be that many people. The only delight of AvP is when Grid takes down the two Predators, (which in another perspective was a very bad idea), the ending battle and the Predalien chestbursting scene. The Queen looked great, Scar looked like crap but looked cool fighting the Queen but that doesn't erase the idea of Scar teaming up with Lex. AvP was just a very watered down version of what these creatures were originally all about however, how crappy AvPR was its still closer to the original ideas than AvP was and had very great gritty action making it a more entertaining movie.

joey44

joey44

AVP

I feel avp had a better plot gives you a history of the aliens and predators fued and it visualy is much better avp:r hides its set with poorly lit areas and horrible establishing shots avp may have have been stone but the arcitecture was much more athentic and much better at captureing ther feeling of the orginal movies

Technine

Technine

AVP completley ignores the fact that predators hunt in the hotest seasons
but the aliens were good

AVPR had much more action
but the aliens sucked and (even though im a predator fan) the aliens in action scenes looked weak and underated.

both movies needed alot more research done

but AVPR was an improvment to AVP in my eyes
so AVPR was the better movie

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Goods for AvP....

- Good pacing
- Good fight scenes (refering to Celtic and Grid/queen -lex)
- - Aliens were portrayed pretty good
- GREAT lighting
- good score

The bad....

- Movie was short
- PG 13 (weak might I ad)
- Predators looked like ass
- Predators fought like ass
- Predators were ass
- No gore on any huma level what so ever
- the shitiest of shit characters and acting (- lance)

The goods for AvPR....

- Predator looked better blend of pred 1 and 2 with moderness in them

- Predator mandibles where right (better the last time)
-went back to original rigid headed drones
-grit is back (Hard R)
-a good score
-A predator who can actually FIGHT cause he knows wtf he is doing
-1st ever predalien on screen
-predator face was nailed just right

The bads....

- Aliens didn't put up a good fight
- Battle scenes where OK but still bad enough to be here
- Movie was WAY too dark
- Predator sound effects were shit, I was hoping for the original sounds back
- Predalien looked like ass
- Acting, as well as the acters were ass
- Movie was too short
- Homages to the originals were getting on my nerves
- Dialogue sucked
-pretty much no story
-wtf is up with the new reproduction method

so majority wise I agree with predboy

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Mandibles and sound fxs not being right was a plus for AvP:R?

Technine

Technine

no matter what you say the vote on this thread cleary show that avpr is favourited by the avpr community

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: KILLa l Yautja on Jul 03, 2008, 04:59:43 AM
no matter what you say the vote on this thread cleary show that avpr is favourited by the avpr community

What the...what??!

Technine

Technine

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 03, 2008, 08:11:42 PM

What the...what??!

AvP  94 (32.8%)
AvPR  193 (67.2%)

Total Voters: 287

thats what the...what??!

Craig

Craig

Did you read what you wrote? The word is also favored.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: KILLa l Yautja on Jul 04, 2008, 04:30:35 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 03, 2008, 08:11:42 PM

What the...what??!

AvP  94 (32.8%)
AvPR  193 (67.2%)

Total Voters: 287

thats what the...what??!

I wrote what I wrote b/c what you said made no sense whatsoever. AvP:R is favourited by the AvP:R community, wtf.

joey44

joey44

Both movies have their pros and their cons but over all i would have to say AVP

Visually : U ACTUAllY SEE MORE of the both creatures an their new desings that wernt all that bad. the set which was pretty good consdiring it was the first movie with aliens on earth

Direction: I liked how they went back to the origens of how the creatures first started their war.

Actors: obivsly bringng Lance Henrikson back i liked and the acting wasnt nearly as bad as AVPR but would say i like how in AVPR Kelly O'Brien kind of resemebled Ripley.

So overall i would hope that AVP3 i better than both movies

Xenodog

Xenodog

AVP
i thought it was good film, terrible characters, acting and pred/woman team were the only bad points for me. And it was the first time the preds had fought aliens, no wonder they were shit, give them a break!
AVP-R
The lighting ruined this film completely-WE HAD A FRIGGIN PREDALIEN SO LET US SEE IT ON SCREEN!, they constantly darkened it so all we had was a silouette, too dark to properly relish the fights, way overpowered pred that still fought like shit, weak aliens, whoever was in the alien suits can't act.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I voted for AVP-R.

AvP

The pyramid setting was great, but placing it on Bouvet Island wasn't a very good idea.

There were some pretty annoying characters, like Miller, Sebastian and Rousseau. But the dialogue between the actors where better then in AVP-R. Sanaa Lathan as Lex wasn't that bad, and Weyland was good too.

The Predators looked terrible. I don't think I need to say why. And it was pretty boring when two of them got killed of in like five minutes. It's pretty obvious then that the last one is going to survive until the end.

AVP-R

Colorado was a worse setting than the pyramid.

The creatures looked better, especially Wolf. Awesome design and a lot of new cool weapons. I love the whip, the laser traps and the dual plasma casters. His mask was nice to, and reminded me of Predator 2. The aliens looked a little slow and stiff sometimes, but I liked the head design more this time.

The movie was pretty bloody, and there were some particular cool scenes I loved, like when the two potheads in the store got their heads blown off. And the cementary scene in the Unrated Cut.

The movie looked dark and gritty, and I didn't mind it.

The ending was sweet. Nuke them all and leave the plasma caster to Ms Yutani.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You thought the Alien-lookalikes looked nicer than the ones in AvP? Your eyesight must be off.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 29, 2008, 11:53:14 PM
You thought the Alien-lookalikes looked nicer than the ones in AvP? Your eyesight must be off.

and your points need to be sharper...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed