Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,511 times)

Divpax

Divpax

Are we really worth it though? The first avp made a big point of the aliens being bred purely for hunting as if they prioritise them more than humans. Doesn't make much of a difference though, your point about asking why the predators didn't just bomb the city renders the whole movie invalid.

stephen

stephen

I absolutely hated the back story to AvP.  Predators were "gods" etc.  What CRAP!!!!

While I think AVP was a all round better made film then AVPR, I think AVPR had a slightly better... feel to it.

The score to AVPR kicked ass over AVP.  AVPR felt more like an AVP film then AVP did.

But AVP was just made better.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: stephen on Jun 22, 2011, 06:11:38 AM
The score to AVPR kicked ass over AVP.
That'd be because AvPR copied the scores for the Alien and Predator movies 90% of the time while AvP tried something custom. :P

maestro

maestro

i love avp. much of it sucks, the story is bad, dialogue doesnt even exist, but goddamnit i love it. i really cant explain it. its just really entertaining. especially the ending where it goes all CGI and action-y but AVP:R...

AVP:R was really dissapointing. the suits, and the action looked fake. the plot was also boring, and in the end, i felt like they didnt have anyting better to do, so they just nuked everything. i was glad that they continued the story, but the budget had to many obvious holes.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 22, 2011, 10:42:18 AM
That'd be because AvPR copied the scores for the Alien and Predator movies 90% of the time while AvP tried something custom. :P

Oh I know that.  Absolutely.

But the score to AVP was bland.  Uninteresting and it didn't give me a sense that I was watching an AVP film.

While the score to AVPR was rehashed from the other films, I at least felt like I was watching an AVP film.

Both films have their faults - and some of those faults are pretty major.  Admittedly I walked away from both films pretty pissed off actually.

bleau

bleau

I actually Prefer AvP's score over AvPr's. AvP's score felt original and was pretty decent to me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Requiem did rely heavily on previous scores true, but Tyler's original bits were still pretty good.

SiL

SiL

Tyler's original bits were Holst's quite old bits.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Never knew that.

SiL

SiL

SM's only told you a dozen times.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

When?

SiL

SiL

Every time the soundtrack's come up.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: bleau on Jun 23, 2011, 01:32:22 AM
I actually Prefer AvP's score over AvPr's. AvP's score felt original and was pretty decent to me.
I do too (my post was to be read like this 'it gives that impression because...'), it's fresh and also great, if I want to hear something great from AvPR's soundtrack I'll just listen to the Alien saga's. :P
and I love the chores in AvP's score:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwLvjbmRacw#

This track is f**king great also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEq0igEmMQ0#

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Nice picks Omega. I always liked AVP ever since I saw it in theaters, but I already spoke about it many times before. In short, I enjoy cinematography, sets, return of the queen, the feel of isolation, the setting and the return of Lance

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I liked the fact that, the moment FOX wanted to set it on Earth (something they wanted to do with Aliens since... Alien3) and today, Anderson cleverly decided to set the film in the most remote place of Earth. He cared for the continuity of the franchise and played it safe, putting it in a place no one would really know of.
"You can't have an Alien running around the city now, because it would've been written up and everyone will know about it. So there's nothing in this movie that contradicts anything that already exists." [His words]
Ironically enough, his words were thrown to the bin the moment AvPR was put into writing stage haha.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed