Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city.

Started by Alien Jockey, May 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

Author
Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city. (Read 139,023 times)

Space Sweeper

Spice. Mike it tike plice in spice.

ForgotMyLogin

ForgotMyLogin

Vietnam all the way!!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Making the home planet of a species, which perceive things by heat, somewhere which is hot, never made sense to me. Both 'Predator' and, more recently, 'Predators', make it clear how that would effectively blind them (and make it an utter mystery why they evolved that way). For all we know, often turning up on Earth during hot times might be something they consider a challenge, not convenience.

Only way this would make sense is if it demonstrates their natural vision is actually something completely different and they simply get thermal vision surgically implanted for hunting technique prowess.

As for somewhere in the Middle East, it would make sense to put it in an urban warfare setting. That'd largely avoid the obvious problems of a desert environment. The problem is, I can't see typical Hollywood writers of the modern age not forcing politics into it, which would annoy me as a member of its audience.

acrediblesource

We need to see the next predator film in the future. Let's take the setting from Blade Runner and put a Predator in there to run amok.

SM

So essentially Predator 2 - at night?

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jul 15, 2014, 12:35:17 AM
So essentially Predator 2 - at night?

Well I mean, it worked out so great the first time...  :laugh:

Thomas

....... How about one that takes place in 1715 i would like to see them get it off "Raphael Adolini 1715"....... ;D

SM

I wouldn't mind seeing one set in the past, and how more primitive weapons would combat the Predator.

Nightmare Asylum

Depending on how far in the past, perhaps some slightly more primitive versions of the Predators own weapons as well.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Should take place on a cruise ship.

Predator 4: Cruising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VR88safH1I#

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jul 15, 2014, 03:12:54 AM

How a boat no.

OpenMaw

Or even the flip side of that. How a Predator with a more ancient weapon-set might hunt down said victims. More barbaric and primitive versions of the things we've already seen, giving it a new twist.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 15, 2014, 03:10:11 AM
Depending on how far in the past, perhaps some slightly more primitive versions of the Predators own weapons as well.

Son of a bitch beat me to it...  :laugh:

Blacklabel

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 15, 2014, 03:15:14 AM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Jul 15, 2014, 03:12:54 AM

How a boat no.

I dont sea what's wrong with it.

Tusky

Set in New York during a hundred year storm with a grizzled Dutch (Arnie) would be ok.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 85 on Jul 14, 2014, 09:36:33 PMI Kinda want to see it in a snowy environment, I know some people would say they did that  in AVP but they weren't actually hunting out in the snow.

The main reason I hate that idea so much is it completely undermines the concept established in the first two films that Predators are specifically drawn to very hot areas.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed