Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city.

Started by Alien Jockey, May 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

Author
Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city. (Read 139,030 times)

Master Chief

CMs are just cannon fodder and should not be in any Predator movie.

Quote from: Jegeren on Sep 11, 2013, 12:02:14 AM
I'd like it in a jungle planet in the future. I'd like to see Predators take on futuristic humans in a movie to further showcase their technological prowess. That way you can see them use more toys to combat upgraded humans.
What's your idea of a futuristic human?

DoomRulz

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 11, 2013, 03:21:15 PM
http://assets.getgamesgo.com/images/far-cry-3-blood-dragon_1_pac_m_130412160904.jpg
:D Touché!

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 11, 2013, 03:10:59 PMCMs are just cannon fodder and should not be in any Predator movie.
They're only canon fodder because the video games have tended to portray them that way. They could easily be moulded into a credible threat.

Master Chief

They tried to make them badass in Aliens and failed miserably. Lets give another branch of the military a shot at killing a Predator.

Hudson

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 11, 2013, 05:51:25 PM
They tried to make them badass in Aliens and failed miserably. Lets give another branch of the military a shot at killing a Predator.

???

How were they not badasses in Aliens? The first time they get their asses kicked because they weren't allowed to use their guns. The next time they were, and about four people took out maybe twenty Aliens.

HuDaFuK

Maybe he's referring to the fact most of them got killed. Because, you know, Arnie's team did so well on that front in the first movie... :P

JokersWarPig

I can't imagine the Colonial Army would be much different from the Colonial Marines.
The difference between the army soldiers in Halo Reach and the marines in the main trilogy are aesthetic at most.
The colonial army/marine equivalent to green berets, delta force, rangers or force recon would be interesting to see.

DC

QuoteHow were they not badasses in Aliens? The first time they get their asses kicked because they weren't allowed to use their guns. The next time they were, and about four people took out maybe twenty Aliens.

It was closer to like 12. The grenade scene in the ducts doesn't really count. And when they went into the hive during the first firefight after killing the chestburster, it was 12 Marines that went in, and only 3 that came out.

Master Chief

Quote from: Hudson on Sep 11, 2013, 07:21:33 PM

???

How were they not badasses in Aliens? The first time they get their asses kicked because they weren't allowed to use their guns. The next time they were, and about four people took out maybe twenty Aliens.
Anyone with a gun can kill an alien so that doesn't make them badass. The CMs we've seen in the movie and in the games are the sloppiest batch of marines I've seen. If they panicked when the aliens attacked, which are monsters they can see, how do you think they'll react to a monster with guns that they can't see? The Predator will slaughter them.

DC

QuoteAnyone with a gun can kill an alien so that doesn't make them badass.

There are so many things wrong with this sentence I don't know where to start . . .

Master Chief

Start by posting all of the things wrong with it.

Terx2

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 11, 2013, 09:29:58 PM
Quote from: Hudson on Sep 11, 2013, 07:21:33 PM

???

Anyone with a gun can kill an alien so that doesn't make them badass. The CMs we've seen in the movie and in the games are the sloppiest batch of marines I've seen. If they panicked when the aliens attacked, which are monsters they can see, how do you think they'll react to a monster with guns that they can't see? The Predator will slaughter them.

Yeah if a pizza boy with no firearms training can kill a adult xenomorph. Anyone can.....
Spoiler
AVPR!!!
[close]
Anyway there are the few marines that can kill dozens of aliens and even predators in the games too.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: DC on Sep 11, 2013, 09:22:44 PM
QuoteHow were they not badasses in Aliens? The first time they get their asses kicked because they weren't allowed to use their guns. The next time they were, and about four people took out maybe twenty Aliens.

It was closer to like 12. The grenade scene in the ducts doesn't really count. And when they went into the hive during the first firefight after killing the chestburster, it was 12 Marines that went in, and only 3 that came out.

Not too sure where you guys are getting these numbers, we never see how many Aliens are killed off screen (when we're shown the marines firing) and we're never given any idea how many are actually killed, weather it was 6, 12, 20, or 30 we'll never actually know.

Video game portrayals of the USCM can't be taken into account because for the most part you're never with any other marines. In AVP10 there are very few instances where as The Rookie you play with 1 or 2 allied bots, and they tend to last a good while until being scripted to die or scripted to stay behind. The marines in the marine campaign are killed off to give you the Doom 3 lone survivor feel.
If you watch the marines fight the xeno's in AVP10 (you can do this as the predator) the marines win a little more than of the time, even when outnumbered in some cases. That's the best example we'll get of unscripted (movie or game) marine vs xenomorph combat.

All that being said the Predator is a completely different enemy and has completely different combat characteristics. I'd say the USCM is better equipped to fight the Predator(s) than they are xenomorphs. Motion trackers, infra red, auto tracking hand held and stationary machine guns, and that's just the stuff in the movie, it's been a while since I read the technical manual but I'm sure there are some more goodies in there.
Since the marines have some of the best on tech screen in a sci fi movie I think itd be a great hunt to watch, and a formidable/challenging one for the Predator(s)

DC

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 11, 2013, 09:35:26 PM
Start by posting all of the things wrong with it.

1. No, not anyone with a gun can kill an alien.
2. You are forgetting they have infrared, and would easily be able to find the predator.
3. Vasquez was pretty badass, as was Drake, and Apone, and the latter two died with the other 10 marines in the first battle.
4. Aliens are much more dangerous and physically threatening than you're giving them credit for. Predators without their equipment are only about a third of the threat that a full grown alien possesses to an unwary human, regardless of his orientation.

Master Chief

Correct me if I'm wrong, but infrared is a form of light and the predators cloaking bends all light from the electromagnetic spectrum.

Continuing with the topic, the Predator wouldn't even bother collecting skulls from the CMs. They just don't have the proper training as a special forces unit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed