Exclusive teaser trailer!!!

Started by Darkoo, Mar 12, 2012, 09:41:30 AM

Author
Exclusive teaser trailer!!! (Read 95,259 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: marsekay on Mar 15, 2012, 10:36:16 PM
Whoa hold on, mutating guy in that picture looks rather f**king tall to me. didnt they get some tall "body actor" in? probably to play mutating guys "lanky" mutated phase.

If you straigten them out in their poses, the tall guys got to have a couple of foot on ridley. and hes on a step!
How tall is ridley scott?

I think this guy ends up pretty tall when he mutates into whatever the hell it ends up as.

EDIT: you can also see his head tattoos so i think its conclusive who it is haha.

Or, simpler explination. He's in a harness of some kind, and thusly not on the ground, looking taller. It's a perspective thing.

Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Long-time lurker/First-time poster here.

I know that there is another thread that sort of debunked this rumor when people found the bust for sale online, but I am beginning to think there might be a chance that it is legit.  Please bear with me on this; it's not very often that I post in threads like this one.

Here we go...

Note the elongated skull that appears to be lighter or shinier on the top.

Here's the infamous mutating guy.  At first I thought the idea of a crew member transforming into some sort of creature was ridiculous, but when I started to think about what an earlier poster said about the shedding of outer layer (or something of that nature) and noticed the enlarged cranium, face that has grown larger, and pattern on the forehead.

If you look the left (the front) of the creature's head, you can just about make out the shape of some sort of face.  It's dark but it is there.

I know this one is a long shot, but if you look closely you can barely make out what appears to be a skeletal face.  The top of the head looks torn, so it might not be a broken helmet like many have speculated.  Maybe the top of the head was blown off with a gun and the creature is making a hasty escape while being engulfed in flames from flamethrowers.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 15, 2012, 11:57:47 PM
Quote from: icedog97 on Mar 15, 2012, 10:17:35 PM
But the windows on the top of the more detailed picture of the ampule room look very much like those on the top of the derelict...which leads me to believe it is in either the derelict or a ship of it's kind.
I think you mean the orrery/sarcophagus/chair-room!?
Yes, thats propably in the derelict-type ship.
But that's all different to the ampule-room.

It looks like there is quite a difference between the ampule room and the pilot's chair chamber. It is possible their may be two different alien races and there is a war or something between the two (Engineers and Jockeys?) and we have been misinterpreting the message of the movie the whole time. Maybe it was ment to be coincidence and Irony that the ship that lands in the middle of this feud of two alien races was named Prometheus... Just a thought

Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Anyway, my thought is this might actually really be the creature that the guy mutates into.

I know that the bust was sold online, but there were only a few and they were sold around the time that Prometheus probably began to wrap. 

Other notes:

I also read a message from a guy (which I can't find now) who wrote that the person who posted this photo on IMDB was getting all kinds of cease and desist letters and orders to remove the image immediately.

Finally, if a human did transform into some sort of creature, what might it look like in Giger's world?  This bust has aspects of a human whose skin has been removed and the xenomorph.

Well, that's my guess.  It may seem ridiculous to some, but I thought I'd take a chance and put myself out here.

Jango1201

Jango1201

It would certainly explaine why the original alien has a humanoid skull. Other then host genetics I mean.

First Blood

First Blood

Well, if that guy does in fact mutate into that creature, it's pretty f**king terrifying. I certainly like the nod towards the original creature in its design but also the more humanoid appearance.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

As much as I am dubious about the whole mutation idea, I can certainly see how it could be done well, especially if the transformation is fast and brutal. My only hope is that the film doesn't try to suggest that the Xenos or the Jockeys are in fact mutated humans. That would murder the franchise and be one of the single most cynical story arcs in the history of cinema IMO.

-Chris

ThisBethesdaSea

What if the process by which the Xenos are born has multiple methods of transmission? Why wouldn't or couldn't transmutation of sorts be just as freaky and plausible as egg laying and chest bursting?

Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

One last thing...

Although this creature has some attributes of a xenomorph, I think they might *almost* completely unrelated (sort of how butterflies and ants are both insects).  It would be sort of dumb if this was the missing link between humans and xenomorphs, although it could probably be pulled off.

What's scarier than body horror?  It can be extremely terrifying.  Think about Cronenberg's The Fly - the transformation is grotesque.  So, what we have here is a creature that maintains some attributes of the xenomorph (lays eggs, has an exoskeleton) but uses its hosts differently.  Xenomorphs reproduce by placing an egg in an organism's throat, and the hatchling kills the host by ripping through the chest.  Maybe this creature reproduces in a similar way, but it grows from the inside around its host's bones and organs and eventually rips through the skin, killing the host during the process.  The idea that the creatures have similar qualities but are ultimately different animals also explains the weird facehugger things we've seen in some of the previews.

It's a clever way to tell a story similar to Alien while remaining different enough to be fresh.

Also, I do not believe that this creature is the space jockey.  I think it is something else.

I'm probably getting a little bit carried away, so I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.   ;)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Dorian Gray on Mar 16, 2012, 02:50:53 AMSo, what we have here is a creature that maintains some attributes of the xenomorph (lays eggs, has an exoskeleton) but uses its hosts differently.  Xenomorphs reproduce by placing an egg in an organism's throat, and the hatchling kills the host by ripping through the chest.  Maybe this creature reproduces in a similar way, but it grows from the inside around its host's bones and organs and eventually rips through the skin, killing the host during the process.

Or using the host as a source of life, essentially wrapping itself around the pulpified host body but keeping it alive for sustenance and energy production. The monster quite literally wears you, like a suit.

Eeesh, I just gave myself the willies. Awsome! ;D

-Chris

icedog97

icedog97

Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 15, 2012, 11:57:47 PM
Quote from: icedog97 on Mar 15, 2012, 10:17:35 PM
But the windows on the top of the more detailed picture of the ampule room look very much like those on the top of the derelict...which leads me to believe it is in either the derelict or a ship of it's kind.
I think you mean the orrery/sarcophagus/chair-room!?
Yes, thats propably in the derelict-type ship.
But that's all different to the ampule-room.

My thought is that the orrey is on top of the ampule room...

josh_axey

josh_axey

I've been thinking for a while now that this might be an adaption of the original scripts, concepts, etc. for ALIEN.
Kind of a "what if" of how the project evolved into ALIEN... i.e. this is another path it could have taken and they are going to just use the "revist" idea as a new film that stands next to (or more literally infront) of ALIEN?

We're certainly getting lots of nods to those original ideas regardless of my wacky thoughts.

r888

r888

Prometheus, The Dark knight rises, The Avengers, The Hobbit...2012 REALLY IS THE END OF THE WORLD.

Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

My theory would also explain this guy's head as he goes through he transformation...

...and this guy who looks like he's wearing a xeno head drinking out of a bottle of water.

I don't think the bust that was sold online is an *exact* replica of this creature.  It could  be based on an early sculpt or concept of the creature that was later adjusted.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 16, 2012, 03:00:35 AM
Quote from: Dorian Gray on Mar 16, 2012, 02:50:53 AMSo, what we have here is a creature that maintains some attributes of the xenomorph (lays eggs, has an exoskeleton) but uses its hosts differently.  Xenomorphs reproduce by placing an egg in an organism's throat, and the hatchling kills the host by ripping through the chest.  Maybe this creature reproduces in a similar way, but it grows from the inside around its host's bones and organs and eventually rips through the skin, killing the host during the process.

Or using the host as a source of life, essentially wrapping itself around the pulpified host body but keeping it alive for sustenance and energy production. The monster quite literally wears you, like a suit.

Eeesh, I just gave myself the willies. Awsome! ;D

-Chris

It's a nice idea! Though to be honest it doesn't sound too different from "the change" in the William Gibson A3 script. http://www.awesomefilm.com/script/Alien3.txt

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed