Exclusive teaser trailer!!!

Started by Darkoo, Mar 12, 2012, 09:41:30 AM

Author
Exclusive teaser trailer!!! (Read 95,248 times)

deepelemblues

deepelemblues

What if it isn't a mutated crew-member?

What if the crew just thinks it is, but really it's an "alien creature" that instead of just gestating inside the crew member and sucking off nutrients (a la *the* Alien) or mutating the crew member, it totally consumes the crew member and, just like *the* Alien, gets some of its DNA from the crew member it has consumed so the general features are the same (bipedal, two arms, etc.). Inside the suit, how can you tell what's happening? *The* alien went from a chestburster to fully grown in 3-6 hours, something could grow inside the suit and completely replace the crew member in the same period of time or even faster. Whatever Ridley wants it to be, really.

The possibilities for just *what* the "Mutant space zombie" is really are endless, people are limiting themselves in trying to figure out what it is.

Infected

Infected

After seeing the picture of the jumping mutant,
i think its the same if you look at the suit he is wearing its has the same armor looking plates on the legs.
The jockey suits has a ribcage on the outside.
But he is turning into something and what that is i dont know he could be a android because his suit is different and maybe he is mallfunctioning or infected with some junk.
I wonder if the guys with the guns can stop him.
Because seeing the clip when they are gonna ram the derelict looking craft that suggest to me that they have run out of options and the alien creatures are far more stronger.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

The burning guy is definitely not a Jockey.

Look at this. Maybe it has been posted already. This is a size comparison of the Jockey and the humans made by mixing the orrery shot from the teaser and the orrery scene from Alien with Kane on it. The Jockeys are really massive.

Promethean Fire

For anyone that's interested, this is the music used in the teaser for the trailer -

http://youtu.be/FUdRuh2h78s

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Mar 13, 2012, 09:31:50 PM
For anyone that's interested, this is the music used in the teaser for the trailer -

I Love You.

Promethean Fire

What's the running time for the trailer again?  2:32ish?  Same length as that track, so I'm guessing the full track may be used in the trailer.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Good. Really good. I like trailers edit entirely with a single piece of music.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Mar 13, 2012, 09:31:50 PM

Awesome  :)

Audiomachine should do entire film scores - this is so much better than 90% of summer blockbuster film scores made today.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Mar 13, 2012, 09:38:24 PM
What's the running time for the trailer again?  2:32ish?  Same length as that track, so I'm guessing the full track may be used in the trailer.
Myeh. Typical Zimmer-ish cliche Blockbuster trailer music. I hope if they're using it in the full trailer, they apply a healthy amount of ALIEN trailer sirens ;)

SM

SM

Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 13, 2012, 07:54:12 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 13, 2012, 07:50:49 PM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 13, 2012, 06:41:14 PM
Looks as if it was a female with her feet exposed?

That's what I thought.  Is that a problem?  Just looks like a foot being pointed.

Blimey - is your nimble foot that far away from your crotch?

If I had long legs that were close the camera - yeah.

Quote from: SM on Mar 13, 2012, 10:08:12 PM
If I had long legs that were close the camera - yeah.

Mutant!

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 13, 2012, 10:04:51 PM
Myeh. Typical Zimmer-ish cliche Blockbuster trailer music. I hope if they're using it in the full trailer, they apply a healthy amount of ALIEN trailer sirens ;)

Its certainly very un-ALIEN like.  But I guess that's the point.  They are selling this movie as something else.  A mega sci-fi epic.  The Dark Side of Avatar.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Gash on Mar 13, 2012, 06:34:37 PMPeople dismissing this film like they actually know what it's all about
Not at all, just speculating as always and discussing opinions on how we feel about our different ideas. If we had written the film off we wouldn't still be here.

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 13, 2012, 09:22:57 PM
The burning guy is definitely not a Jockey.

Look at this. Maybe it has been posted already. This is a size comparison of the Jockey and the humans made by mixing the orrery shot from the teaser and the orrery scene from Alien with Kane on it. The Jockeys are really massive.
http://www.prometheusnews.net/pix/size-comparison.jpg
+1042

-Chris

fiveways

fiveways

Wow, I thought that was the worst piece of music I have heard in a while.  [And I hear a lot of music in my life].  Guess it is just not my thing.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: fiveways on Mar 13, 2012, 10:26:07 PM
Wow, I thought that was the worst piece of music I have heard in a while.  [And I hear a lot of music in my life].  Guess it is just not my thing.

Nothing very special about it as music, generic trailer stuff which adds some impetus to the imagery. Will come across better with the sounds of the film added, but Prometheus itself will hopefully be much richer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed