New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 120,918 times)

Master

You're being too harsh for ADI. Sure they can't do Predator face right, but everything else is spot on.

Pearlhead

Quote from: Master on Jan 29, 2021, 06:52:56 AM
You're being too harsh for ADI.

Not harsh enough I'm afraid  ;D

QuoteSure they can't do Predator face right

Yup, and thats the problem.

HuDaFuK

I'll be honest, as shit as they look in stills, their Predator faces rarely bothered me in live-action.

426Buddy

Always bothers me in live action. Especially AvP, those faces look even worse than in the stills.

bendinglight

bendinglight

Quote from: Master on Jan 29, 2021, 06:52:56 AM
You're being too harsh for ADI. Sure they can't do Predator face right, but everything else is spot on.

The armor design was sourced out to a different firm and it ended up looking decent in The Predator. I did like how ADI made the Predator look more 'real' with the 'wet' look to the skin (for lack of a better description)...but that is about the only thing ADI did decently in their latest opportunity, imo.

BigDaddyJohn

The predator is ADI best attempt at creating a pred, most people seem to agree on that. Far from really good though, thus me saying it's time to see another company at work.

bendinglight

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 29, 2021, 07:39:55 PM
The predator is ADI best attempt at creating a pred, most people seem to agree on that. Far from really good though, thus me saying it's time to see another company at work.

Agreed :)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: bendinglight on Jan 29, 2021, 08:12:20 PM

Agreed :)

Indeed!  :)

Pearlhead

Hell yeah

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

Whole reason I joined the boards after lurking for sometime.

10 Cloverfield Lane was an awesome flick.  This leaves me with hope for them to treat it seriously again in the action / sci fi horror / mystery genre again.  And no spoof, parody of the material done in Marvel Studios esque fashion ala 2018's The Predator. 

Normally not a huge fan of the forced SJW feminism remakes and shtick in modern films.  But a strong female protagonist done right in a film series based in hyper masculinity?  This actually sounds awesome if done right.  Now we need a male protagonist in the Alien franchise.

Alien Films - Female protagonist attacked or attempted to be penetrated Phallic head shaped monsters

Predator Films - Hyper Masculine protagonist emasculated by a pussy with teeth faced monster.

All for going against these film franchise cinematic gender norms.  Change of pace.

Yautja888

After the first movie, all the predators looked more or less like suits, the next predator must be a male, and slimy
like the original, i don't care who builds it, as long as he's as realistic as the original one.It also must be pratical.
They got enough tries, now we demand quality.We're not asking for much, i believe.

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jan 31, 2021, 07:23:44 PM
After the first movie, all the predators looked more or less like suits, the next predator must be a male, and slimy
like the original, i don't care who builds it, as long as he's as realistic as the original one.It also must be pratical.
They got enough tries, now we demand quality.We're not asking for much, i believe.
I agree to an extent. 

But you're being flagrantly disrespectful of Stan Winston's City Hunter and Elder Pred from Predator 2. 

All looked fantastic.  In fact in ways I think the City Hunter looks vastly superior to the original.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, the second film's Predators were at least as good as the first, if not better.

BlueMarsalis79

SiL

I thought City Hunter's face was less convincing in its movements. There are a few places where the mandibles seem to not move properly, and the fully animatronic close-up face always felt a little cartoonish.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed