How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 66,668 times)

SM

SM

1. How did the Derelict arrive on LV-426? Were the Jockey's carrying the Alien eggs already, or did they find the Alien eggs on LV-426?

Unknown and ultimately irrelevant.

Quote2. How did WY know about the Alien species in ALIEN, before the Nostromo investigated LV-426/Derelict?

They didn't.  They knew about a signal that warned space travellers away from LV-42 because of a hostile organism.

Quote3. If Alien drones can molt into Queens, why ddin't the Alien in ALIEN molt into a Queen?

They can't molt into Queens.  Unless you factor in mindless AvP-R rubbish.

Quote4. Why did the Alien kill Parker and Lambert and not use them as egg-morphing hosts?

You don't have to be alive to be morphed into an egg.

Quote5. How come the Alien in Alien 3 didn't use the egg-morphing process, before encountering Riplley?

Maybe it did.  10 square miles of tunnels.  Either way unknown.

Quote6. Why didn't the Alien in Alien 3 capture/cocoon Ripley?

Unknown.  Gestation time would suggest Ripley may have dehydrated being stuck to a wall and possibly damaged the embryo.

Quote7. Why didn't the Alien in Alien 3 kill Ripley and allow the Queen to emerge from her dead body, if we are to believe that chestbursters can burst from dead bodies (Scar, for example)?

Gestation time again.

Quote8. How is it possible that one facehugger impregnated two hosts in Alien 3? If it had the two drone and Queen embryos in both of those sacs, then why didn't it do the same in ALIEN?

Ultimately unknown.  Maybe another host wasn't readily available on the Nostromo and it expired before it could.  Maybe it couldn't at all and the hugger on the Sulaco was a special hugger.

Quote9. Did the Queen lay one final egg on the Sulaco? If so, did she lay the egg, because it carried a Queen embryo, therefore, she layed that egg as a last resort to carry on the species?

Maybe.  Or she carried it up from the hive.

Quote10. Did the Queen in Alien: Resurrection use an egg-sac?

More than likely.

Quote11. Was the face-hugger that attacked Newt's father, the Queen carrier?

More than likely not.

Quote12. How was the Queen burster cloned through Ripley's blood? Isn't that too far of a stretch to have mixed the Alien blood, with hers?

Obviously not.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

I agree with Yellow Alien on which points take this movie "back to the roots".  And those very things are what has me excited to see this movie.  But I have to disagree with you Robot.  You don't need A-list actors to make a good movie.  Are you serious?  Times were different back then.  They cast guys like Arnold, and Danny Glover because it seemed cool at the time to pit the predator against this one elite human warrior, and his band of comrades.  The whole time you know that this person is gonna at least survive till the end, if not entirely.  With the exception of "Alien", you know Sigourney Weaver is the major player.  Too predictable.  I'm not bashing the origionals, I love all of them with the exception of Res, which I just LIKE, I'm just sayin that nowadays I'm lookin for unpredictability, and shock.  With a cast of newcomers like what we have in AVP-R, we should be guessing who's gonna survive until the last half of the movie.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 21, 2007, 01:42:58 AM
Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 21, 2007, 01:42:29 AM
I find it funny the alien hardcores can believe an alien can take a mans body and turn it into an egg with a live facehugger inside (WTF!?) but an alien planting an embryo inside a man is lame....  :D

go figure.. ???

Ignorance
Explain why his quote is ignorant, Dr. F*cking Shadow Pred!

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 01:43:36 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:37:48 AM
Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 01:35:56 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:32:11 AM
If it's the director's vision for the film, then it's cannon.

I'm not questioning that...I find it hysterical that you would say that, considering you decided to ignore egg-morphing in favor of this regurgitation nonsense...

Well, since we didn't see the beginning or the end of that scene in Alien, it's totally open to what actually happened off screen. 

I think it is safe to say that by the end of that scene the alien had not started molting into a queen. I mean you see it in the narcissus before Ripley blasts it out the airlock. There is also no evidence to suggest that egg-morphing is iniated by vomiting any kind of goo into the victim's mouth.
And likewise detective Ballzy, there's no evidence that shows the alien DIDN'T regurgitate into Brett, and Dallas's mouths.  Like the good Lt. said, you guys can condone an alien making an egg out of a man, but you can't accept this new form of reproduction?  What, does the slimey bastard do then?  Spit and Shit some corosive substance all over the host, roll them into ovals, and cocoon them on the wall?  Gimmie a f*ckin break.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 01:35:56 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:32:11 AM
If it's the director's vision for the film, then it's cannon.

I'm not questioning that...I find it hysterical that you would say that, considering you decided to ignore egg-morphing in favor of this regurgitation nonsense...

Well, since we didn't see the beginning or the end of that scene in Alien, it's totally open to what actually happened off screen. 
Thank you.  It can't be said any better than that!

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Wolf Sazen on Nov 22, 2007, 11:20:03 PM
I agree with Yellow Alien on which points take this movie "back to the roots".  And those very things are what has me excited to see this movie.  But I have to disagree with you Robot.  You don't need A-list actors to make a good movie.  Are you serious?  Times were different back then.  They cast guys like Arnold, and Danny Glover because it seemed cool at the time to pit the predator against this one elite human warrior, and his band of comrades.  The whole time you know that this person is gonna at least survive till the end, if not entirely.  With the exception of "Alien", you know Sigourney Weaver is the major player.  Too predictable.  I'm not bashing the origionals, I love all of them with the exception of Res, which I just LIKE, I'm just sayin that nowadays I'm lookin for unpredictability, and shock.  With a cast of newcomers like what we have in AVP-R, we should be guessing who's gonna survive until the last half of the movie.

Unpredictability and shock huh...  I think thats more true than you realize.

Id rather guarantee a good actor and know hell survive as opposed to gamble on a movie that could kill BOTH franchises and not know who will survive. The suspense definitely is NOT worth a game of Russian Roulette. You can have it. I want the franchise.

Are people truly realizing the DANGER this franchise is in? Its like being underwater for too long. Get some oxygen soon or else its over.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 21, 2007, 01:46:09 AM

With respect, I have to disagree. They're cocooned for something and if it was merely to hold them (why?), Dallas wouldn't have been nearly so sickly or asking for death, etcetera. He would have simply been pulled out, like Newt was.

And it's damn obvious that a lot more than mere cocooning happened with Brett, wouldn't you say?
Brett was already dead from the headbite right?

SiL

Quote from: Wolf Sazen on Nov 22, 2007, 11:53:06 PM
Thank you.  It can't be said any better than that!
It could be better thought out. These guys aren't just hosting babies, they're turning into eggs. Chet barfs babies. Original Alien made eggs. Totally different.

Plokoon111

Its not vomit, its more like rape through the mouth.

SiL

Egg morphing is still scarier.

Dr. Wren

Quote from: SiL on Nov 23, 2007, 12:09:33 AM
Egg morphing is still scarier.

I don't know why but the idea of being morphed into an egg sounds way less painful than being chestbursted.

SiL

Morphing takes hours. Bursting takes seconds.

Dr. Wren

Quote from: SiL on Nov 23, 2007, 12:36:01 AM
Morphing takes hours. Bursting takes seconds.

but still, it's like, hmm, would I rather be turned into an egg almost painlessley, think about it, your bodies changing, not being ripped to shreds, or go through about 2 minutes of nonstop extreme pain.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Look, I get a little passionate when it comes to this shit, so, I don't wanna sound like I'm bashing the egg morphing idea, I'm just sayin that the regurgitation method is equally horrific and discgusting, and for the alien, I think it only add's to their disturbing array of qualities.  

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Xenonewborn on Nov 23, 2007, 12:42:52 AM
but still, it's like, hmm, would I rather be turned into an egg almost painlessley, think about it, your bodies changing, not being ripped to shreds, or go through about 2 minutes of nonstop extreme pain.

Have you watched the scene? Dallas is in agony.

Ever had stomach cramp? It would be like that, except much, much worse - and you might even stay alive until the moment it hatches.

Incidentally...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed