Sigourney Weaver: 'Let Ripley Rest'

Started by Darkness, Apr 19, 2008, 06:05:10 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver: 'Let Ripley Rest' (Read 21,705 times)

Hybrid PM

Lets be honest, she would do an Alien 5 if the money was right and the right people were involved and if there's a good interesting script. Thats all Fox needs.

idi2

idi2

you got that right ,very nice idea  semaka   ;D     ;)  

Richman678

I would agree with this news statement. AVP ruined both franchises. Way to go Fox!

dallas001

Its true. Fox new it, fans new, and many others too. AVP has effectively killed ALIEN 5. Nice going fox. You started down a wrong path since 1990 and now look where you have gotten us. As for all the CAMERON and SCOTT fans with a hardon for them to make another movie, face the facts they ARE NOT GOING TO DO IT. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.   :'(  

KAROL

KAROL

We need ALIEN5. I thing it could be great movie speciality with Sigourney Weaver and director Ridley Scott. I think FOX sometimes in feature do this film and it could be great movie. The best of 21st age.

RumorControl

Would Fox REALLY turn down a fifth Alien movie if Ridley Scott was doing it?  Most of Scott's movies are blockbusters, and Alien 5 would sell very well.  Look at the reception of the AvP movies, both were hated by fans and general audiences, and there was a huge box office drop between AvP and AVPR.    Alien 5 would be the smart thing to do, but if she's right and the Alien series is over, then a big f**k YOU to Fox.

dallas001

I think there is too much dreaming. ALIEN 5 was already turned down once. It will happen again. Scott and Cameron won't revisit a FAILED FRANHCISE. Fox has a good reputation at ruining good things. Even in TV, with Family Guy and Futurama, they got rid of them and brought back 1 for its channel, and put Futurama in the pathetic cartoon network. The Alien Franchise has been bled since 1991. YUP since ALIEN 3, noting but a downhill death dive. Why would iconic oscar directors and actors go back to a failed franchise?   :'(  

Sgt.Torque Reikan

kind of expected it its like having your children all grown up and leaving to become big corprate douche bags

RumorControl

AvP is a failed franchise, not the Alien franchise.  They only had one misstep, AR, and Alien 5 can easily fix that.

dallas001

The 4th, Alien Resurrection wasn't all great, and it was only a marginal success. Alien 3 garners more respect because of its director and its assembly cut on dvd. The 4th had enough made, but still less success and failed profit to call the franchise into question. When you talk about 3 and 4, people get very squeemish. They only like the first 2, after that they don't even want to talk about 3 and 4.

dachande89

Look, I loved ripley in the alien series, but just because Sigourney says ripley is done, doesnt mean that Alien 5 wont happen. There could be something else done, like a prequel i guess. Or a possibly different line of characters that occur after resurrection. Who knows, but its probably not going to end. Just we wont see Ripley....

mothman-X51

ok first off avp didnt kill the alien franchise i blame alien resurrection because if you look at it all the alien movies took place in space and in the future, the predator movies they took place on earth and in present time so basicly its like avp and avp r is predator 3 and predator 4 so it is possible for an alien 5 even a predator 5 ( if people consider avp 1&2 as predator 3&4)

bobcat6000

I think alien vs. predator movies are getting pretty interesting. Because of the predator sequels and alien   prequels it all makes since. I hope they do make avp3 in order to complete the saga.

braforbes

I'll have to agree with #12, Ripley's gone. There are definite paths that all three movies can go. If you start with a good story,  get corporate to spend a little more  money$$$, keep the shmucks on a short leash and out of the way, all will be fine.

redalert51

In lot ways I agree with Sigourney Weaver as far as Ridley Scott is concerned the guys lasts few films have not lasted that long at the movie chains and have been almost  direct to DVD affairs, I think the guy crazy if does not do an Alien sequel with Sigourney....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed