It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 96,253 times)

Necronomicon II

Crudup and Ejogo might be a religious couple, possibly.

Darth Vile

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 24, 2017, 08:50:34 AM
Crudup and Ejogo might be a religious couple, possibly.
Hmmm - that would be interesting... although it would be a bit cliche if they were portrayed as antagonistic 'bible bashers', but a conflict of faith is worth further examination (something only touched on in Prometheus).

Astronoë

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 23, 2017, 04:33:37 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 04:12:54 PM
Just a comment from Youtube:

QuoteWhat Hudson would say to the two gays:

"Right right! Someone said colony ship and they thought they said colon ship and signed up."

I noticed that comment on youtube too hahaha ;D

I actually liked that banter, idk why people thought it was lame. I mean is every normal friend group conversations always have to be golden?

And why are people getting their panties in a twist about the gay couple? Its the future, hello, same sex marriage was legitimized not too long ago, and by that story's time period, things must have improved. People disappoint me alot these days.

I'm looking forward to the movie now more than ever, can't wait!

Doubtful there will be many gays in the future, they are already few. People will be able to choose all kinds of traits their kids will be born with, looks, intelligence, health etc. People who want kids by extension will want grandkids n will have the choice to have their kids be hetero or homo, since the latter is pointless almost nobody will discard the choice to have a straight kid n it will be easier to identify with. To consciously chose a gay kid would be odd n not out of homophobia just it's not what people r looking for. Gays come about because of chance, once parents can remove chance, the gay community will plummet. Won't be much homophobia at least there hardly will be anyone around to be homophobic to.

juxtapose

i am glad to see this viral clip is getting so many likes on youtube. .despite some negativity in the comment section. .what was most disturbing was the homophobic comments on their msg boards. . .as a gay man i am obviously quite thrilled by the inclution of a gay couple. .pity they not exactly eye candy. .not complaining tho. .at least they not the stereotypical screaming queen variety either. . Overall i loved the clip . . . Just thought the editing was a bit off. . But thats a minor complaint. . Really enjoyed the chemistry of all the characters. .

Darth Vile

Quote from: Astronoë on Feb 24, 2017, 09:08:11 AM

"Right right! Someone said colony ship and they thought they said colon ship and signed up."

I actually liked that banter, idk why people thought it was lame. I mean is every normal friend group conversations always have to be golden?

And why are people getting their panties in a twist about the gay couple? Its the future, hello, same sex marriage was legitimized not too long ago, and by that story's time period, things must have improved. People disappoint me alot these days.

Doubtful there will be many gays in the future, they are already few. People will be able to choose all kinds of traits their kids will be born with, looks, intelligence, health etc. People who want kids by extension will want grandkids n will have the choice to have their kids be hetero or homo, since the latter is pointless almost nobody will discard the choice to have a straight kid n it will be easier to identify with. To consciously chose a gay kid would be odd n not out of homophobia just it's not what people r looking for. Gays come about because of chance, once parents can remove chance, the gay community will plummet. Won't be much homophobia at least there hardly will be anyone around to be homophobic to.
Seriously? Maybe in the future they'll be a pill for eradicating bigotry?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Perhaps that's a trait that we could choose be removed from children? And this is exactly why I'm learning that representation is so important. Thankfully not everyone holds such backward views. I am disappointed to see it crawling out of the political board though. I thought that was the cesspit for that kind of commentary. 

There's a book that Ridley was once attached to direct a film of called The Forever War. It's basically an allegory on Vietnam, about changing sentiments on the war they're fighting and coming back home to a completely different place but this one is amplified because of time dilation effects and etc.

One of the things I found fascinating about The Forever War was that at one point, when the soldiers returned home, being straight was considered a massive abnormality. I can't remember the specifics but I think it was due to overpopulation and being a "breeder" was something that people just didn't seem to be anymore.

Darth Vile

I wasn't aware of that one Hicks... Sounds interesting -  I'll have to look that up.

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 24, 2017, 09:18:53 AM
One of the things I found fascinating about The Forever War was that at one point, when the soldiers returned home, being straight was considered a massive abnormality. I can't remember the specifics but I think it was due to overpopulation and being a "breeder" was something that people just didn't seem to be anymore.

You're right. It was about overpopulation and homosexuality became officially encouraged by governments. Because of that change main protagonist Mandella felt alienated within society as a human being and as a leader.

By the way, The Forever War is great book.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I believe there's some controversy over the way he writes it (iirc it comes across as homophobic in its portrayal), but the very notion I found fascinating.

Game_Over_Man

"I've got you're back" - perhaps a sly reference to the "backburster" and Walter's possible involvement?  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Feb 24, 2017, 09:34:44 AM
"I've got you're back" - perhaps a sly reference to the "backburster" and Walter's possible involvement?  ;)

Definitely a wink at the backburster.

Bad Replicant

I thought it was decent. I agree with some of the comments on the whole fake-out bit (mainly the use of Parker's line, as Hicks said), but didn't think it was that big of a deal. Given that a lot of viral video marketing for movies consists of stuff that's usually kind of disconnected from the real fabric of the film, I thought it was an interesting approach to simply share a moment with all the characters together, interacting in the setting we'll be seeing them in. I appreciated the more naturalistic quality of the dialogue and performance, which, in all honesty, I thought came across better than just about anything in Prometheus. I guess we'll see how it all holds together with Ridley behind the wheel.

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 24, 2017, 08:19:31 AM
And I'm really disappointed that having gay characters is even an issue for people. I believe firmly in a meritocracy. It shouldn't matter about superficial traits, it should matter about capabilities. If these 2 fellas are good at their job, they're welcome aboard! Also they're hauling thousands of colonists, these 12 or so folk aren't going to be populating a new colony by themselves.

Agree. Additionally some heterosexual couples don't want to have children at all. It's up to them.

Not every colonists couple will live happily ever after especially once they established colony on the foreign planet. There's nowhere to go. No way back home. Some people would struggle to live with each other in such a 'claustrophobic' environment. Life verifies everything. It's not a fairy tale.

Enoch

Enoch

Homosexuality is a healthy variation of human (ANIMAL) sexual orientation. Yes, that's the current opinion.
Its acceptable within the boundaries of personal sexual orientation but not acceptable as something
universally preferable. That's why I m against hyperbolised and excessive (WIDE AND PUBLIC) promotion of any sexual orientation which is a matter of personal sphere of life. It would have been better to promote family life (no matter who is
the parent, same sex or not), values, respect, love, equality of rights and duties, of universal law...

Its stupid... imagine a market promoting and selling only materials for sneakers, all the variations,
all the textures and different colors... but not all would know how to make a real and useful, long lasting sneakers.
Sexual orientation without the understanding of natural laws of reason of common sense and  HEALTHY values is just
a promotion of raw materials no one would know hot to use. Or other way around... you are promoting a product designed for a use which is still not defined. This too applies to heterosexuality. Just monitor the incidence of divorces and domestic violence...

Astronoë

Quote from: Darth Vile on Feb 24, 2017, 09:12:33 AM
Quote from: Astronoë on Feb 24, 2017, 09:08:11 AM

Seriously? Maybe in the future they'll be a pill for eradicating bigotry?

There certainy will be a lot smarter people who can argue n not throw insult as first reply.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed