More "Fire and Stone" Previews

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 04, 2014, 03:55:23 PM

Author
More "Fire and Stone" Previews (Read 43,782 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

IIRC way back last year when the Predator series was first announced, Williamson said that it would be about an older Predator on his last great hunt, and the younger Predators trying to bring him down. Since the "last great hunt" plot seems to have gone unchanged, my guess is that the other Predators we've seen are the younger ones competing with Ahab. As to whether they're "Super Predators" or not, my thinking is that they'll leave it ambiguous, IE not really address it one way or another. Sebela has said that he thinks Predators was a dumb expansion of the series on Twitter, and the writers have stressed that they're only using Predator, Prometheus, and the first two Alien films for inspiration, so I think it's unlikely that Williamson or Sebela would write Super Predators into the series. Barring a Fox mandate, that is.

I've been wrong on many of the things I've speculated, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 13, 2014, 01:15:52 AM
Sebela has said that he thinks Predators was a dumb expansion of the series on Twitter

When did he say that?

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 13, 2014, 01:15:52 AM
so I think it's unlikely that Williamson or Sebela would write Super Predators into the series. Barring a Fox mandate, that is.

Actually Williamson did say that he was a sucker for PREDATORS, he also did say that he wanted to bring in tiny elements of that movie into the comics so... Someone obviously brought the Super Predators over. Unless of course that was entirely Olivetti's part on that end of the spectrum right then and there.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I'll look for a link for the Sebela quote when I next go on my laptop. It was a response to one of his tweets about the Shane Black Predator movie.

Maybe I should just ask Olivetti on Facebook, see if he gives a straight answer.

Here's the quote:

https://twitter.com/xtop/status/481567373804441600

RakaiThwei

happypred

happypred

It looks like Ahab and the no-mesh guys belong to different factions. Ahab looks much more like a classic "Yautja". The other guys have a different aesthetic, more "Super" but not exactly. I'm guessing two unaffiliated clans, not necessarily rivals

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Aug 13, 2014, 12:34:15 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 12, 2014, 08:06:27 PM
Quote from: Master on Aug 12, 2014, 12:59:58 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 12, 2014, 10:59:15 AM
I'm liking the looks of some of this art. And I'm pretty excited to see how everything is shaken up in the post Prometheus/Predators world. I can't wait to see the Super Predators rip Classic into pieces.

U trollin dude?

I am. Because I hate people calling them Super Predators. They're not. The Super Predators never made it onto the screen.

Neither did a "runner" but we got over it.  ;D

The runner nickname doesn't come with negative connotations though. But I obviously understand - just don't like it. And I'll move on.

SM

SM

Good lad.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

You can get the SDCC Fire and Stone sampler for free on Dark Horse Digital.

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/4973.prometheusaliensavppredator-fire-stone-sampler/

It's nothing we haven't seen, but the Aliens and Predator pages are colored and lettered. The Aliens sample includes spoilers about the timestamp, so don't read it if you don't want that aspect ruined.

Also, the sampler has confirmation that the character in Aliens is in fact NOT Amanda Ripley. I'm more relieved than I am embarrassed by the now-disproven speculation.

We have November solicitations!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54804

QuoteAliens: Fire and Stone #3 (of 4)
Chris Roberson (W), Patric Reynolds (A), Dave Stewart (C), and David Palumbo (Cover)
On sale Nov 26
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Miniseries
With their numbers dwindling and hopes for rescue fading, the desperate survivors on the strange planet known as LV-223 fight among themselves. A lone scientist may hold the key to their freedom, though—if everyone can live long enough to hear him out! Ties in with the Prometheus and Aliens films!
• From critically acclaimed writer Chris Roberson!
• An exciting new direction for Aliens!

QuoteAvP BATTLE ROYALE!
Alien vs. Predator: Fire and Stone #2 (of 4)
Christopher Sebela (W), Ariel Olivetti (A), and E. M. Gist (Cover)
On sale Nov 5
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Miniseries
A terminally ill scientist's desperate experiment yields deadly results, and offers the Predators a chance to hunt an invincible new game!
• Written by Christopher Sebela (Dead Letters, High Crimes, Ghost)!
• Art by Ariel Olivetti (One-Hit Wonder, Conan and the People of the Black Circle)!

QuoteTHE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY MOTHER%*@$#!
Predator: Fire and Stone #2 (of 4)
Joshua Williamson (W), Chris Mooneyham (A), Dan Brown (C), and Lucas Graciano (Cover)
On sale Nov 19
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Miniseries
After the mayhem and terror of Weyland-Yutani's disastrous mission to the site of the Prometheus, Galgo's troubles continue when his ship is shanghaied by a Predator stowaway! Its obsession with a mysterious, deadly quarry sends them to the last place in the universe Galgo'd like to revisit—the Xeno-infested LV-223!
• Dark Horse's Prometheus event goes on the prowl!
• Joshua Williamson (Nailbiter, Captain Midnight) is Multiversity's breakout writer of 2013!
• Five Ghosts's Chris Mooneyham pits Predator against vicious game!

QuoteTHE SEARCH FOR TRUTH BRINGS ONLY DAMNATION!
Prometheus: Fire and Stone #3 (of 4)
Paul Tobin (W), Juan Ferreyra (A), and David Palumbo (Cover)
On sale Nov 12
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Miniseries
Chaos breaks loose when a member of the Prometheus's recovery team is exposed to the dangerous and mysterious genetic accelerant! Now, with the crew divided and hope for survival fleeting, a terrifying discovery offers a glimpse into the fate of the Prometheus . . . and the colony on LV-426!
• The blockbuster crossover event heats up!
• From Eisner Award-winning writer Paul Tobin (Colder)!
• Art by Bleeding Cool's Artist of the Year, Juan Ferreyra (Colder, Kiss Me Satan!)!

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 13, 2014, 06:33:50 PM

Great cover art

The interior art revealed so far looks solid but not stunning. Still, it's much better than TWW's cartoonish mess

Corporal Hicks

The Alien looks a little too AvPR for me. But otherwise, still looking forward to this.

SM

SM

QuoteThe Alien looks a little too AvPR for me.

'ken oath...

Corporal Hicks

Had to look that one up.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Dark Horse shared a preview of the Predator #3 cover on Facebook today.

I think it looks pretty cool. Ahab certainly looks awesome, as usual.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

For anyone who wants the release dates.. Beat you on this one, so this ends your hawking streak, Ultramorph!  :laugh:

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 15, 2014, 08:25:28 AM
For anyone who wants the release dates.. Beat you on this one, so this ends your hawking streak, Ultramorph!  :laugh:

Ha, beat me to it!  :D

The worst part is that my local comic shop closed back in January, forcing me to rely on TFAW, which means paying shipping. I look at that release schedule and am pretty exited, but my wallet is in tears.  :laugh:

On another note, it just struck me what was familiar about the Predator #3 cover preview: the art on Ahab is very reminiscent of the old covers for Bad Blood. I wonder if maybe it's the same artist.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed