More "Fire and Stone" Previews

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 04, 2014, 03:55:23 PM

Author
More "Fire and Stone" Previews (Read 43,726 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I think Ahab will probably look better in the comics themselves, but who knows.

What I'm really interested in is what's going on with this mutant thing. Engineer mutating into something else? Human mutating into Engineer mutating into something else? At least October isn't too far away.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Well it's not an Engineer unless they have learned to speak English...

Engineer/ human/Alien hybrid?

SM

SM

Engineers and humans are genetically identical.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That being said, the dorsal tubes definitely make me think the creature has some xenomorph in it. I think we're in for some cool twists and turns in these comics.

SM

SM

Indeed.

happypred

happypred

Let's take a look at these two

1. The colour piece with Galgo:
Spoiler
[close]

2. The concept art:
Spoiler
[close]

In 1, the predator looks bulkier and the armour looks more AvP-ish. The mask resembles the Lord Mask of AvP2010.

In 2, he looks leaner. The face is like Jungle Hunter's. I'm not opposed to that. The scarring is reminiscent of Wolf's. His armour looks more classic (not AvP-ish), same Lord Mask. He seems to have a ragged cape going on.

I think both are decent. I don't find the colour piece to be particularly more original than the concept art. The glaive, spear, axe thing looks cool to me.

Comic con panel tonite!

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: 85 on Jul 24, 2014, 08:21:06 PM
Comic con panel tonite!

Any luck finding a link where we can watch a live stream?

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 24, 2014, 09:41:44 PM
Quote from: 85 on Jul 24, 2014, 08:21:06 PM
Comic con panel tonite!

Any luck finding a link where we can watch a live stream?

Nope, have they said if they will?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I haven't herd anything, and that probably indicates that they won't. That stinks, but hopefully we get a decent write-up on one of the myriad sites covering SDCC. The one write-up of the ECC panel that I found back then was dreadful, though, so it could go either way.

First article I've seen about the panel. Sadly not too much new info, but there was some interesting stuff about the chronological setting.

http://comicsbeat.com/sdcc-14-dark-horses-aliens-predator-prometheus-and-beyond-panel/

Quote- The chronology of "Fire and Stone" was also cleared up, as Aliens is a pseudo prequel to the other tales, and takes place between scenes of Aliens (the film), Predator takes place after the other minis and Prometheus Omega is the finale.

So Alien, and the rest of Fire and Stone apparently, will indeed take place around the time of Alien. It should be interesting to see what they do with that.

Also, apparently Fox calls the black goo "accelerant."

New interview with Sebela and Williamson, too. Not much new, but Sebela reiterates that he doesn't consider the AvP movies canon.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/977?articleID=151368

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 24, 2014, 10:18:19 PM
New interview with Sebela and Williamson, too. Not much new, but Sebela reiterates that he doesn't consider the AvP movies canon.

But that's his opinion and his only, where as the other writers such as Tobin suggested somewhat otherwise.. somewhat anyway. As for him mentioning the comics, he also says he's starting as fresh as possible, so I am assuming we're supposed to approach this new series without really knowing anything of the previous EU material or we're supposed to leave the previous publications out of mind.. so for all intense and purposes, this is a new take entirely.

SM

SM

QuoteAlso, apparently Fox calls the black goo "accelerant."

I don't know if Fox came up with that, but that is indeed what it's being called now.  Which is a great name IMO.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jul 25, 2014, 08:31:29 AM
QuoteAlso, apparently Fox calls the black goo "accelerant."

I don't know if Fox came up with that, but that is indeed what it's being called now.  Which is a great name IMO.
That is a great name, where else has it been used?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

"Accelerant" works really well with the Promethean imagery of fire; it sorts of hints at the black goo as something that speeds up or enhances a being's evolutionary tendencies. Now we just need to figure out what the stone is in "Fire and Stone"!  ;)

I'm really interested to see how the Alien series intersects with the original film. They really weren't joking when they said that some of the series would happen "just off screen" from the films. Between this and Palumbo's "familiar landscape" on the ECC mural, I wouldn't be shocked if we went back to LV-426 at some point in this series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed