More "Fire and Stone" Previews

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 04, 2014, 03:55:23 PM

Author
More "Fire and Stone" Previews (Read 43,789 times)

I wouldn't mind seeing a issue of just inks. These artists work looks fantastic, and really fit with this universe.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I agree, the work we've seen so far has been pretty much great. I do wonder what Reynold's work will look like colored. I like how he seems to use real people as models for a lot of his art (you can see some of this on his Facebook). Olivetti's style isn't for everyone, but I definitely like the color palette and stylization. Hopefully we get even more awesome art at SDCC!  :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Dark Horse did an "Art of Fire and Stone" at some point, even if just as a digital thing when these are released in trade.

Bender1988

Bender1988

If Ahab trully looks like this

in the comic,then his design is the laziest possible-trully shitty. Predator 1 with additionall skull on chest,modified head,and shittly mask.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

TFAW is also highlighting Fire and Stone, with a dedicated pre-order page and banner.

http://www.tfaw.com/aliens-fire-and-stone

Begun, the marketing has.  ;D

happypred

happypred

I'd really like to see some coloured versions

Ahab is looking nice...hope he will be a memorable character, maybe he won't die at the end

Looks a bit off to me

The quintessential predator face has always been something like this

Bender1988

Bender1988

Quote from: happypred on Jul 19, 2014, 07:58:13 AM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/d430a7e51dd8351196a71739abadf45d/tumblr_n8tq8q20ZB1tw1qkzo1_500.jpg

I'd really like to see some coloured versions

Ahab is looking nice...hope he will be a memorable character, maybe he won't die at the end

Looks a bit off to me

The quintessential predator face has always been something like this

Ahab on this concept art looks like garbage-its just jungle hunter with additional skull,some scarring,and shitty spear+really lame mask-he looks like garbage-nothing new,nothing original.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Bender1988 on Jul 19, 2014, 08:48:27 AM
Ahab on this concept art looks like garbage-its just jungle hunter with additional skull,some scarring,and shitty spear+really lame mask-he looks like garbage-nothing new,nothing original.

I think it looks fine...you're entitled to your opinion

Skulexander

Skulexander

Dude... Calm down. Not every predator can look vastly different from every other predator. They all come from the same world. They come from the same culture. They use the same equipment. After so many predators are invented, there are going to be ones that look similar to each other. That's just the way it is. That's the way it is with humans too.

Master

Master

Well the thing is, when new predator is created 90% times, it is based on first one. I prefere designs from second film.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Quote from: Skulexander on Jul 20, 2014, 10:09:12 AM
Dude... Calm down. Not every predator can look vastly different from every other predator. They all come from the same world. They come from the same culture. They use the same equipment. After so many predators are invented, there are going to be ones that look similar to each other. That's just the way it is. That's the way it is with humans too.
No damn it I wont calm down.
I draw Predators,have more than 200 original ones,and i would like to see something fresh,original in a comic book,not yet another reuse of the original-lack of creativity.

SM

SM

And when you draw a comic you'll get to draw them just how you like.

His mask looks interesting.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2014, 08:35:51 AM
And when you draw a comic you'll get to draw them just how you like.

His mask looks interesting.
Yeah-it is probably not the artist fault, the predator he was told to draw looks like a cheap knock off of the original.
Cant say his mask looks interesting-well i hate the design overall-for the lack of any creativity, its just copy and paste :(

happypred

happypred

You deviate too much from the original, people complain
You stick to the original, people complain

It's a fine line

SM

SM

It's a given - people complain.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Quote from: happypred on Jul 21, 2014, 10:05:00 AM
You deviate too much from the original, people complain
You stick to the original, people complain

It's a fine line
thats true, but if only they would make Ahab look like this i would be really fine with it-it has the same armor placement as anytime/jungle hunter,but his armor as similiar as it is-it is diffrent,but they went with anytime 99%copy-and i wil lnever accept this level of lazyness.
Stil lhave big hopes for this new comic line to be good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed