What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 597,368 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 06, 2020, 08:29:02 PMBut can you queue?

If we're talking stereotypes, did you know that it's a design requirement for all British army armoured vehicles to have tea-making facilities inside?

As in the army literally won't accept your new tank if you can't brew up inside it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is that true or you taking a piss on me?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Honest-to-God truth.

Although to be fair the water heater is also used to prepare hot rations. But if you asked any tanker how often they make food with it versus how often they make tea, I imagine it'd be a pretty one-sided ratio.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I hope Hicks can interview James Cameron one day just to ask him about tea time.  It should probably be the final question of the interview though...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Apparently the tea-in-a-tank thing stems from an incident in WWII when an armoured brigade in France pulled over to make tea (which at the time required the crews to get out and start fires) and was subsequently ambushed by a group of Tiger tanks. They destroyed something like 30 British armoured vehicles and guns in about 10 minutes.

Since then, it's been mandatory for crews to be able to make tea and hot food without getting out of their vehicle.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

"If you want to start a war with the Pommies, always execute your attacks at elevenses and 4pm". - Sun Tzu, Art of War.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 08, 2020, 08:12:02 AM
I hope Hicks can interview James Cameron one day just to ask him about tea time.  It should probably be the final question of the interview though...

Jimbo was always a bit of a teatotaller.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

So I finally managed to get C&C Remastered installed on an external drive...

It took almost 36 hours to download.

But I finally get it going, and the game runs smooth as butter - except all the menus are invisible, including all the options in the main menus and the in-game sidebar you need to do anything base-related, essentially rendering the whole thing unplayable. Turns out despite the game itself running fine, my graphics card can't handle the f**king menus.

I think this game has been sent to test me :laugh:

Shit like this is why I went over to consoles.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 08, 2020, 01:36:25 AM
Can you get a NZ-quality pie nearby?  I haven't been able to stop thinking about them since that video and now I'm craving one.  Thermonuclear style.

I mean, I can give you a recipe. It's pretty simple.

QuoteMaybe not with cheese though.

Good man. Australians added the cheese and like many of their inventions, it is to be avoided.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Do you also enjoy Vegemite?

j0nesy

j0nesy

i don't mind marmite, haven't had it in about 8 years though

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 11, 2020, 02:35:43 AM
Do you also enjoy Vegemite?

Too strong, marmite is milder and easier to spread. Also:

Quote...and like many of their inventions, it is to be avoided.

Huggs

Huggs

I called this morning to check on the results of my father's chest x-ray. It showed some abnormal changes to his lungs, and now they're worried he has COPD.

So we're going to schedule a PFT for him sometime next week. Then we'll know for sure. So for now, I'm just laying here on the floor, trying to get past this infection, and hoping to pass out.  Because for the first time in my life, being awake is worse than being asleep.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 12, 2020, 01:50:04 AM
I called this morning to check on the results of my father's chest x-ray. It showed some abnormal changes to his lungs, and now they're worried he has COPD.

So we're going to schedule a PFT for him sometime next week. Then we'll know for sure. So for now, I'm just laying here on the floor, trying to get past this infection, and hoping to pass out.  Because for the first time in my life, being awake is worse than being asleep.
Sorry to hear, Huggs

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Hope he's okay Huggsy.

j0nesy

j0nesy

likewise, hope your dad's ok huggs :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed