What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 597,819 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I said i once, I will say it again: RT's TRU is an insane asylum destination. Has the store contacted HR for possible security enforcement?

Unfortunate news from last night in Fantasy Football. The dream is over this year for my team. :,( So close yet so far away. Oh well, I prefer to follow the actual NFL teams anyway. Still have a chance to at least win my entry fee back next week!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

F***ing hell. I'm glad your okay. WTF with some people, they think cuz they have the big car they are awesome

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 21, 2015, 08:16:05 AM
Damn. That's just horrendous! Glad you're okay though. Christmas shopping - it's just f**king horrible. I've done mine - like to get it done earlier - but had to go do some with the Mrs. We stayed over at her sister's house and went into Peterborough to finish their shopping. We went to their Toys R Us actually and as we pulled up, there were a bunch of staff legging it out the building chasing down this woman who had been shop lifting.

I personally think Black Friday is worse. Like, on holidays it's just people getting ready for Christmas, a.k.a the "Christmas spirit" (boo hoo hoo  :P). Yes, things get messy, but everybody has a reason to do so (more or less). During Black Fridays everybody is going on shopping sprees and meaningless "sales". Just...horrible !

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 21, 2015, 01:10:18 PM
F***ing hell. I'm glad your okay. WTF with some people, they think cuz they have the big car they are awesome

Having a big car only means it's a bigger target...if you know what I mean.   ;)

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 20, 2015, 10:43:55 PM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Dec 18, 2015, 07:27:09 PM
^ I agree, if anyone needs a break it is RakaiT.

You know what? I do need a break..

Because my life almost ended today when a customer, in a huge SUV, almost hit and ran me over today while I was getting carts for Christmas shoppers because the store has a shortage of them. I had a row of eight carts, and as I was getting two more.. this asshole was reversing, not paying attention when he was backing up and about to hit the carts. I shout out as loud as I can for this guy to stop, he doesn't stop, and hits the carts-- causing them to topple over and his bumper nearly hits me and HE'S STILL BACKING UP.. and finally he stop.

I keep on shouting to the guy, and he gets out of his car... and has the damn nerve to ask if I am alive! He backs up, nearly hits me with his car while I'm shouting for him to stop, causes the carts to break apart and topple-- and almost hits me-- and gets out only to ask if I am alive, then leaves as if nothing even happened.

I'm really hating Christmas shoppers.
A day in the life for a normal worker.

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 20, 2015, 10:43:55 PM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Dec 18, 2015, 07:27:09 PM
^ I agree, if anyone needs a break it is RakaiT.

You know what? I do need a break..

Because my life almost ended today when a customer, in a huge SUV, almost hit and ran me over today while I was getting carts for Christmas shoppers because the store has a shortage of them. I had a row of eight carts, and as I was getting two more.. this asshole was reversing, not paying attention when he was backing up and about to hit the carts. I shout out as loud as I can for this guy to stop, he doesn't stop, and hits the carts-- causing them to topple over and his bumper nearly hits me and HE'S STILL BACKING UP.. and finally he stop.

I keep on shouting to the guy, and he gets out of his car... and has the damn nerve to ask if I am alive! He backs up, nearly hits me with his car while I'm shouting for him to stop, causes the carts to break apart and topple-- and almost hits me-- and gets out only to ask if I am alive, then leaves as if nothing even happened.

I'm really hating Christmas shoppers.

holy crap  :-\ glad to hear you're ok.  I hope you find time to relax after Christmas.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Topazora on Dec 22, 2015, 05:50:01 PM
holy crap  :-\ glad to hear you're ok.  I hope you find time to relax after Christmas.

Oh I'm fine but unfortunately, I work the day after Christmas.

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 22, 2015, 08:23:48 PM
Quote from: Topazora on Dec 22, 2015, 05:50:01 PM

Oh I'm fine but unfortunately, I work the day after Christmas.

ooh, you'll have to deal with all the returns, unless you're on the floor, then hopefully you won't.  Good luck on that day.  Try not to get too stressed out.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Topazora on Dec 22, 2015, 10:17:03 PM
ooh, you'll have to deal with all the returns, unless you're on the floor, then hopefully you won't.  Good luck on that day.  Try not to get too stressed out.

Yeah, I usually work the floor! So for me, the only thing I have to do is essentially re-shop.. and probably freight, assuming that the seasonal recruits aren't released already by then.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

My man and I were going to meet up for a nice afternoon of shopping. Then, suddenly, his mother (who has health concerns) had to be rushed to the ER. I am not sad about canceling our date, but more sad about what happened to his mother and what he is going thru. Am I a good guy for feeling this way?

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Dec 27, 2015, 07:07:46 PM
My man and I were going to meet up for a nice afternoon of shopping. Then, suddenly, his mother (who has health concerns) had to be rushed to the ER. I am not sad about canceling our date, but more sad about what happened to his mother and what he is going thru. Am I a good guy for feeling this way?

yes

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Indeed you are

Topazora

Topazora

trying to motivate myself to study... lab and test, right after getting back from Christmas break....

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Thinking about how lame Christmas was... the spirit was just not there this year for some reason. No one got a real tree. All the gifts were gift cards and junk food. No caroling. It was so lame even the haters didn't show up. Walk right on it Toy's R Us and got pretty much everything I needed on a black Friday. It was too damn easy. What the hell was up with that. Just brining this up because all of you sounded like you had more excitement than me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You're fine mate. That's what nice people are supposed to be feel. I hope she's doing okay.

Quote from: Topazora on Dec 29, 2015, 03:52:15 AM
trying to motivate myself to study... lab and test, right after getting back from Christmas break....

Ouch. That blows. I'm not surprised you're not feeling it!

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 29, 2015, 07:38:55 AM
Thinking about how lame Christmas was... the spirit was just not there this year for some reason. No one got a real tree. All the gifts were gift cards and junk food. No caroling. It was so lame even the haters didn't show up. Walk right on it Toy's R Us and got pretty much everything I needed on a black Friday. It was too damn easy. What the hell was up with that. Just brining this up because all of you sounded like you had more excitement than me.

I don't blame you mate. I've not felt it for a few years now. If anything Christmas is a bother more than anything.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Hearing of the sad passing of Rock Legend Lemmy at the age of 70. Will be missed. There will never be another Motorhead. Bet his jamming with Phil "Animal" Taylor in Rock and Roll Heaven's bar as we speak

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed