What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 597,081 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I have been thru a horrific labor job, a chef, bs landscaping work by myself, retail (twice) and now mind enhancing (or dehancing?) work that is the postal service. I would say I prefer being mentally tortured than physically (even tho I am slender and in shape). At times I do feel physically exhausted from all the driving and extreme details the mail gives. It does help that my pay deposits are quite good, makes the mail a tad more tolerable...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Urgh. I'm ready to make a blood sacrifice. Still feel like shit. Nose is a bit better though but my throat is really sore and it hurts to cough. I best hurry up and get f**king better - supposed to be going to a convention on Sunday.

I've done retail twice, I've done administration twice and now I'm doing...well, I suppose support work. I've actually enjoyed every job .

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: RagingDragon on Aug 12, 2015, 11:45:56 PM
Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 12, 2015, 10:18:59 PM
I realized how shitty my job is...

Sorry to hear it mang, but most jobs are shitty. Elaborate on your particular brand of shit job?

It's kind of sad when physical labor positions, largely unskilled and relatively low-paying, are preferable to the cancer that is the corporate environment lol.

Nothing quite like workplace politics and being unsure of whether or not you'll be fired at any moment because people lie to your disposable face with a smile all day. :D
Man, third time you got it spot on! Hahaha. My particular shit job is security. I get a dollar above minimum wage Canadian. I wanted to go to England but our dollar is so weak. :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Still ill. Got sent home yesterday. Feeling a bit better but still not perfect. Wish I could have brought my cough syrup in but I didn't think I'd be allowed.  :-\

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2015, 07:04:37 AM
Still ill. Got sent home yesterday. Feeling a bit better but still not perfect. Wish I could have brought my cough syrup in but I didn't think I'd be allowed.  :-\

I feel your pain, sore throat, cold sweats and aching all over for about six days now

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It f**king sucks!!!

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

It really does, especially when you can't get time off work because half the staff are already off with the same thing

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/route-29-batman-is-killed-after-his-car-breaks-down-along-a-maryland-highway/2015/08/17/13f0e9b2-44e3-11e5-8ab4-c73967a143d3_story.html

This just made me want to f**king cry. One of the most kindest people in this world, a philanthropist who took his free time to dress up as Batman to bring sickly children in hospitals smiles, was taken from the world. A real hero has died..

I need a hug now..

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That is a God damn shame! I hate hearing stories like this. I have such a negative outlook on the majority of humanity that I love those stories of people such as him going out there and doing such kinds as he does.

Randomizer

Randomizer

From what I read, it looked like it had been on purpose. F*ck this, why do good people die?

------------------------------------------------

My monitor is jamming randomly, right now it looks fine but I'm most probably going to take it to repair.

EDIT: Xbox 360 is acting f**ky after playing WATCH_DOGS. Had to restart the console to close the disc tray. Thank you, Ubi ! <3

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sorry to hear.  :-\ I've heard that game was pretty buggy.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 18, 2015, 12:24:05 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/route-29-batman-is-killed-after-his-car-breaks-down-along-a-maryland-highway/2015/08/17/13f0e9b2-44e3-11e5-8ab4-c73967a143d3_story.html

This just made me want to f**king cry. One of the most kindest people in this world, a philanthropist who took his free time to dress up as Batman to bring sickly children in hospitals smiles, was taken from the world. A real hero has died..

I need a hug now..

Really heartbreaking, somebody who devoted his time and money to make the world a little brighter for other people.  Such a shame, real life Superhero right there

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Randomizer on Aug 18, 2015, 07:44:18 AM
From what I read, it looked like it had been on purpose. F*ck this, why do good people die?

------------------------------------------------

My monitor is jamming randomly, right now it looks fine but I'm most probably going to take it to repair.

EDIT: Xbox 360 is acting f**ky after playing WATCH_DOGS. Had to restart the console to close the disc tray. Thank you, Ubi ! <3

Ayy System Apollo, I used to be a security guard at a Kodak plant and then at the Hewlett-Packard facility in Fort Collins. It was pretty nice, lol, but the pay is, yes, weak. Still, I could sit at a desk most days and write when I wasn't walking around acting like my dick didn't slap into my leg with every step.

God that's sad about the Batman guy. :-\ Unhappy thread, you win again.

Let me fight back feebly with something about Watch Dogs:

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Well, this is a terrible week to be a Batman fan. First the Maryland Batman, now we lost the first Batgirl. Rest in peace, Yvonne Craig.

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/19/batmans-yvonne-craig-has-passed-away/

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 19, 2015, 05:01:37 AM
Well, this is a terrible week to be a Batman fan. First the Maryland Batman, now we lost the first Batgirl. Rest in peace, Yvonne Craig.

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/19/batmans-yvonne-craig-has-passed-away/

Goddamn sad, but ol gurl was on hospice. Lived a long and wonderful life, and brought Batgirl-ass-kicking dreams to many young mens and wemunz.

A wonderful life, if I can be so frank to say. We should celebrate it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed