First Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Released Online - Alien: Containment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 29, 2019, 04:35:38 PM

Author
First Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Released Online - Alien: Containment! (Read 29,425 times)

Kimo

Pretty good was left wanting more. By the way the is after credits incase u skipped the end credits.

Gutter In Outer Space

Basically just Alien karaoke singing the song of Alien Covenant, but it had some the opening and closing shots (not referring to the post-credits) were pretty great and the actors did the best with the material they had. Commendable effort by the crew involved all around.

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 29, 2019, 06:22:46 PM
*Sigh*

Spoiler
I'll explain later.
[close]
Is this the one you were involved with? If so, it's great work! But you seem dissatisfied; what's up?

Nightmare Asylum

Opening couple shots were pretty gorgeous. I absolutely loved the way it started.

After that the budget limitations kind of started to show but I dug it conceptually and can definitely see all the work they put into it on screen. Not a bad start to this project at all.

irn

I liked that more than I was expecting to. Nice camera work and decent acting. I don't know if the lack of visible creature was more down to technical restraints than intention, but it worked better not seeing anything.

I understand the criticism of the generic background story, but there wasn't enough time to elaborate on anything more for a 10 minute. It worked as a vehicle for the shorts story.

Overall thumbs up from me. Looking forward to the next one.

Oddly it was very similar to an idea I wrote down for the Tongal Competition (prior to realizing it was US only!). Like survivors on a lifeboat after their ship got destroyed was identical to my story. Except mine had no-one in the crew trusting each other after they awaken and find a dead facehugger on the floor and don't know who it impregnated. Everyone wants to live but no-one wants the unborn beast to come with them.

Finally was the crazy guy the dude from The Inbetweeners Movie? I kept envisaging that character every time I seen him.  ;D

bacchus

bacchus

Quote from: irn on Mar 29, 2019, 07:26:08 PM
Except mine had no-one in the crew trusting each other after they awaken and find a dead facehugger on the floor and don't know who it impregnated. Everyone wants to live but no-one wants the unborn beast to come with them.

That is a far better idea than what this first short tried. To add to that idea, would add a further level of excitement if there was some kind of time limitation e.g. the crew only have a certain amount of time to get into cryosleep/stasis (perhaps O2 is running out on the ship) so have to find out which of the crew are infected before they enter stasis. The last thing they would want is for them all to go into cryosleep and a chestburster emerge a few hours later.

Quote from: irn on Mar 29, 2019, 07:26:08 PM
Finally was the crazy guy the dude from The Inbetweeners Movie? I kept envisaging that character every time I seen him.  ;D
https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyo5nhEeH1qb39w1o1_250.gif

Yes it was. He's been in quite a few things lately...was in Cleaning Up on ITV a few weeks back, think he's also in a new show on Dave soon. He's a very watchable actor, but like I said would have preferred his normal accent to the weird American one he attempted in this short.

Evanus

That was pretty good. 8)  The burst part definitely has the same vibes as the backburster scene, especially the music.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 29, 2019, 07:46:03 PM
That was pretty good. 8)  The burst part definitely has the same vibes as the backburster scene, especially the music.

The whole thing, with them in the room with the chestburster begging to be let out, reminded me of Covenant in that sense.

Look into my eye

Thought it was pretty good, enjoyed it. One thing I would of done differently would be the after credits scene, there would be a fully grown alien standing over him 😲

Still Collating...

Or just a shadow, that way they wouldn't need a prop. Like this all we get from the scene is a giggle because the guy got left behind.

Overall, this was great considering the resources and the time limitation. The acting was good, and the infected dude sold me on his fear of the creatures.
I'm so happy they didn't show the chestburster since they obviously didn't think it'd be good enough. I fully support that kind of smart decision.
The lighting was great.
Now that's how you make an opening scene. Beautiful.
The story was nice, simple, it worked. Liked it, but nothing to make me go WOW.

Old One, by your reaction it seems not all of your suggestions were used?

P.S. I think your story has awesome potential irn. Alien roulette.

SM

A little confused towards the end with Albrecht and the hatch, but otherwise pretty cool.

Master

It was ok. for what it was. Can't  say I like it, especially the part where black girl is eaten by chestburster, but I appreciate the effort.

acrediblesource

delicately made, I enjoyed it but not immensely. Possibly because these actors only show a side which we often associate with alien films (about to die right stereotype acting).
I Really want to see the next one though which means this is a  quick win for me!
However I hope they intend to push the style and give it a bit of flare in the next one. Like something that might strike me as Blade runnerish in terms of musical score. Or maybe something that is differnt from the first Alien and bring a edgingly risky mythos change like in Alien Covenant.

Samhain13

Quote from: Master on Mar 29, 2019, 09:48:37 PM
It was ok. for what it was. Can't  say I like it, especially the part where black girl is eaten by chestburster, but I appreciate the effort.

Same here.

Vermillion

Chestbursters now eat people?

Gutter In Outer Space

Hold on, couldn't she've just pushed Albrecht's body back into the shuttle and resealed the airlock before rescue? Or, like...

...pull her back in before she gets her face eaten alive and save both of them?

Also, couldn't Albrecht just stand up? It's not like that door was crushing her leg or anything. That thing was less aggressive than an elevator with a motion sensor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed