Empire The Predator Subscriber Exclusive Cover

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 06, 2018, 10:39:16 AM

Author
Empire The Predator Subscriber Exclusive Cover (Read 56,978 times)

Dusk

Spoiler
This is basically Ironman 3 all over again. First they push the Mandarin front and center, only to reveal halfway into the movie that he's not the main antagonist. At least in this scenario, it won't be revealed that the Predator is some out of shape actor. That Black would honestly dare to pull that move twice.
[close]

YTL_Hunter_H2

I'm still unmoved that the armor and bio mask looks terrible. Sadly I think this is the end of the road for this franchise as far as movie releases

Dusk

If this one does poorly, just give it another 10 years.

UndeadJoe

UndeadJoe

I will go on record as saying I think the Mandarin twist was the best part about IM3. It was like for a brief moment a MCU movie aspired to be more than a tiny, disposable cog in the massive corporate machine that is the Marvel/Disney whimsy factory.

And then the movie ended with a half hour long cgi supersoldier vs robot free for all and whatever was left of the movie's budding soul died.

Danversity

They're not trying to turn Upgrade into the new face of the Predator franchise, that much is clear. If they were, we would be seeing a lot more of it. It's completely different from what they've done with the Super Predators and what they attempted to do with the Spinosaurus in JP3. We've seen 3 shots of Upgrade. Literally. In all of the marketing material, 3 shots is all we've got. That's not them trying to make him the "new face" of the franchise. Wait for the film, wait to see how it turns out. I'm certain it's not gonna go 100% the way y'all think.

UndeadJoe

UndeadJoe

You're fooling yourself. The Upgrade literally tears the classic Predator apart with his bare hands. Try putting 2 and 2 together and see if it comes out at 4 without having Fox hold your hands through all the steps.

YTL_Hunter_H2

Anyone care to take a guess on the rotten tomato reading for this? I think they'll implement a shit emoji

426Buddy

426Buddy

Sometimes coming in here is just too much   :laugh:

One group can think something is awesome and wonderful and another group thinks its the worst thing to ever happen to western civilization.

Gotta love the internet.

I can tell you one thing. No matter what movie hits the screens, no matter what the story, the director, the anything. People will cry about it.

Dusk

At least everyone seems to be civil about. Which is nice, that we can have two very drastically different viewpoints, but still get along.

The Shuriken

Quote from: UndeadJoe on Jul 09, 2018, 08:18:31 PM
It's going to be hard to invested in Captured at all when we know for a fact he's nothing but a punching bag for Upgrade, a concept that was dumb in 2010 and remains dumb today.

Does anyone with an IQ above room temperature really expect that stupid Upgrade thing to become the new face of the Predator franchise? Remember in Jp3 when they brought in the Spinosaurus  to brutally kill the Rex because some genius involved in that movie thought the Spinodaurus was going to be the new face of the franchise? And then people hated that movie and the JP died for over a decade so they brought the Rex back to help fight off the Upgradeasaurus? This is like that if Universal had decided to double down on its own stupidity and have the genetic mutant dinosaur kill the Rex and the Raptors.

This this this! If they really cared for this character, it would be the Fugitive Predator that does the killing blow.

Instead....

Ya know in all honesty it just might keep me from seeing the movie in theaters.

turd

turd

Truth!

Danversity

Not gonna take any specific guess at a RT score, but I think it's gonna be fresh. Predators is fresh, there's no reason why this shouldn't be, especially considering it's a Shane Black film. But I'll be, a lot of times RT is just straight up horseshit, so anything could happen.

YTL_Hunter_H2

Predator hasn't been fresh since Danny Glover.

426Buddy

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 09, 2018, 10:18:26 PM
At least everyone seems to be civil about. Which is nice, that we can have two very drastically different viewpoints, but still get along.

Does anyone with an IQ above room temperature really expect that stupid Upgrade thing to become the new face of the Predator franchise?

Danversity

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 09, 2018, 11:08:15 PM
Quote from: Dusk on Jul 09, 2018, 10:18:26 PM

Does anyone with an IQ above room temperature really expect that stupid Upgrade thing to become the new face of the Predator franchise?

lmao

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed