Queen,Egg Morphing, or other?

Started by Xenomorph60, Mar 03, 2018, 02:53:02 AM

Author
Queen,Egg Morphing, or other? (Read 9,351 times)

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

I saw this discussion on the Alien Covenant website. I posted it on Xenopedia but nobody answered, so I went here. Which one do you prefer?Egg morphing or Queens... or something different? I personally like a other option. No offense, but Aliens does not fit the series at all. The queen looks cool but it doesn't look like something Giger would make. My main concern with it is that it takes the horror away. It doesn't make them feel scary, just a threat. They feel more like animals(insects). They are pretty weak and all you must do is blow them away as they run at you, then kill the queen. My problem with egg morphing is that it feels kind of cheesy and weird. I have developed a perfectly plausible explanation that keeps the horror. We all know the scene in Covenant were Shaw looks weird. Everyone says she looks dissected but fails to explain why she has a giant hole in her stomach and alien gunk on her head. I think it is obvious after David dissected her he turned her into a egg layer. This explains the odd look to the hole in her and how it is the exact size of a egg. I think that because she was dead it only worked a little bit. My hypothesis is that David will preform a more complete procedure on Daniels. I finnaly reach my point, I think(I know I say I think a lot) that if a female is cocooned the cocooning material(which I think is alive) will use her female anatomy to turn her into a egg layer that would look somewhat like infected Shaw.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

So you want a human being to replace the Queen?

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Yes I do, sounds like something Giger would have done right?

SM

SM

I don't get it.

Dietrich found a woman cocooned and she wasn't an egg-layer - whatever form that takes if it's not a Queen?

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

This theory only applies to the new series Ridley Scott is making. Why would I make this theory for Aliens if it already established who laid the eggs?

SM

SM

I don't know.

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Please people send me your thoughts! I love other peoples ideas. 92 people have viewed this and only 2 replied(thank you whiterabbit and SM). People reply!

Local Trouble

Stick with the queen.

Munkeywrench

I prefer just keeping the Queen

SM

SM

Since I'm still not clear on what the new theory exactly is, egg morphing or Queen will do.

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2018, 03:16:44 AM
Since I'm still not clear on what the new theory exactly is, egg morphing or Queen will do.
.  I will explain my theory. This theory is why I don't like the queen or egg morphing and what I would like for how the eggs are made. I wanted you to share your thoughts or come up with new theory's.

SM

SM

I'm quite happy with the existing ones.

I'm just not sure what yours entails precisely.  How does Shaw become an egg layer?

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

He uses the black goo in a controlled way. The Advent scene explains this. My theory in simplified terms is that when a female is cacooned(or David tinkers with the black too) that the cocooning agent will infect her and turn her into a egg layer similar to mutated Shaw.

SM

SM

How does Advent explain it?  I don't recall anything other than a vague reference to a "queen".

Born Of Cold Light

Egg-morphing works well in the absence of a queen, but a queen is the most effective method.  As for David, he very much strikes me as a Dr. Church-type character, seeking to create the perfect balance between Alien and human.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed