Queen,Egg Morphing, or other?

Started by Xenomorph60, Mar 03, 2018, 02:53:02 AM

Author
Queen,Egg Morphing, or other? (Read 9,350 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Apr 26, 2018, 10:15:33 AM
Same general region.
It'd make a lot more sense for the trilobite to use that system than the belly-bursters in AvPR at least :P

Local Trouble

I don't think I'm ready for an assburster.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I don't think the victims were either.  :laugh:

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 26, 2018, 11:51:38 AM
I don't think I'm ready for an assburster.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

:laugh: I remember seeing this somewhere, that had to hurt big time.

Vermillion

Vermillion

The explosion at the end.  Lol

Huggs

Huggs

Great balls of fire

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I think the biggest problem the alien has always had, pretty much since Alien 3, was where to take the species next. What is the new revelation, yadda yadda yadda. With Ward's draft giving us what basically seemed like the "male ant" of the hive, having somehow survived undetected from Aliens. The Gibson draft which gave us as the script called it "the change."

None of it rings quite true. Whatever faults you might find in the first two films, I think it's fair to say that Alien and Aliens both maintain at least some semblance of believably and a sense of plausibility to the alien's reproductive functions. Cameron was smart enough to even cut out Burke's scenes to preserve, even if only as a secondary concern at the time, the gestation period.

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 27, 2018, 01:57:04 AM
I think the biggest problem the alien has always had, pretty much since Alien 3, was where to take the species next. What is the new revelation, yadda yadda yadda. With Ward's draft giving us what basically seemed like the "male ant" of the hive, having somehow survived undetected from Aliens. The Gibson draft which gave us as the script called it "the change."

None of it rings quite true. Whatever faults you might find in the first two films, I think it's fair to say that Alien and Aliens both maintain at least some semblance of believably and a sense of plausibility to the alien's reproductive functions. Cameron was smart enough to even cut out Burke's scenes to preserve, even if only as a secondary concern at the time, the gestation period.
Can we at least agree that a creature as unique and mysterious as the xenomorph deserves something better than a queen.

SM

SM

Like?

If you need to plug a gap in the life cycle for where eggs come from, it's by necessity going to remove a certain amount of mysteriousness.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

How about when the alien head bites someone it creates a xeno in another dimension of space. You know, it finds the place in your brain where the soul resides and does magic.

However, you don't need a Queen to make eggs. Still I don't think I like the idea of losing the Queen. She just too bad ass. A good idea would be to use the original idea of there being 8 types of alien eggs on board the derelict. That would open up a lot of possibilities. The Queen being just one way. It would work too. I know Cameron said that he thought his aliens had ridged heads because they were older creatures but even he answered that question in a speculative manner. So the first alien could be a different type of alien from the ones in Aliens.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The Queen was a great idea and even better design.

Still Collating...

I don't want to get rid of the Queen. I like the Queen and egg morphing, even having the alien molt into a Queen. The perfect organism needs to have multiple ways of propagation for them to survive. I like the idea that no matter what, one egg or one alien, can lead to an entire infestation. I really do love the Queen and as others have said, we can combine both life cycles like the egg morphing creates a Queen egg, or a small alien army while the Queen is still developing.
However, we have seen the Queen lots of times. Egg morphing hardly ever. I do want to see that in a movie, game, novel or comic book. Outside the first film, we've only seen a glimpse of it in the comic Alien Defiance. Too bad we didn't see it in Alien Isolation or Alien Covenant. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think they should have stopped with the gimmicks after Alien 3.  The alien is interesting enough as-is and doesn't need to be some gene-spliced, egg-barfiing parody of the original to remain so.

How about some interesting stories ABOUT the alien instead?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 30, 2018, 10:11:53 PM
I think they should have stopped with the gimmicks after Alien 3.  The alien is interesting enough as-is and doesn't need to be some gene-spliced, egg-barfiing parody of the original to remain so.

How about some interesting stories ABOUT the alien instead?

I'm afraid that's asking too much. It's space Pinocchio, or nothing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed