Queen,Egg Morphing, or other?

Started by Xenomorph60, Mar 03, 2018, 02:53:02 AM

Author
Queen,Egg Morphing, or other? (Read 9,293 times)

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Why is it so hard to add pictures to posts? Please someone tell me how.

SM

SM

Either post a picture that's already online by surrounding the URL with img tags ('img' and '/img' with square brackets replacing the inverted commas - or use the button with the little Mona Lisa on it), or below the Reply box, expand the Attachments and other option menu and Browse to upload an image.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

other?

Are we going to start f*cking* the alien like this is slof's hive scenario or something?

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Its really bad artwork on a really bad camera but it shows how this works.

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 13, 2018, 03:37:14 AM
If it was my call to make, I'd remove the queen permanently, and replace her with egg morphing. It's just a horrific way to go, and fits well within the dark and terrifying nature of these creatures. But, the queen's cannon, and definitely not going anywhere. So I suppose the egg morphing concept would be used to accelerate the number of aliens initially, so one of them can safely evolve into a queen.

I also try to bend ideas back to what I believe official canon is.
To me David got Shaw's eggs and he changed them with the black goo and the DNA from other creatures.
"Prometheus" imo shows how one of Shaw's eggs (with Holloway's sperm + black goo) became a giant squid.
- It's plausible that a human egg could expand to a xenomorph egg.

Once that was done by David, a xeno egg created a Queen.
The xenomorphs on their own (in the wild) reproduce using a Queen.

;)

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Xenomorph60 on Mar 03, 2018, 02:53:02 AM

I saw this discussion on the Alien Covenant website. I posted it on Xenopedia but nobody answered, so I went here. Which one do you prefer?Egg morphing or Queens... or something different? I personally like a other option. No offense, but Aliens does not fit the series at all. The queen looks cool but it doesn't look like something Giger would make. My main concern with it is that it takes the horror away. It doesn't make them feel scary, just a threat. They feel more like animals(insects). They are pretty weak and all you must do is blow them away as they run at you, then kill the queen. My problem with egg morphing is that it feels kind of cheesy and weird. I have developed a perfectly plausible explanation that keeps the horror. We all know the scene in Covenant were Shaw looks weird. Everyone says she looks dissected but fails to explain why she has a giant hole in her stomach and alien gunk on her head. I think it is obvious after David dissected her he turned her into a egg layer. This explains the odd look to the hole in her and how it is the exact size of a egg. I think that because she was dead it only worked a little bit. My hypothesis is that David will preform a more complete procedure on Daniels. I finally reach my point, I think(I know I say I think a lot) that if a female is cocooned the cocooning material(which I think is alive) will use her female anatomy to turn her into a egg layer that would look somewhat like infected Shaw.

That has been an idea that I've heard/seen make the rounds on a few forums (ie that the traits a xenomorph takes from their hosts extends beyond a few very basic physiological traits/changes. Internal anatomy being part of it).

It certainly plays up the sexual aspect/nature of The Alien species if nothing else.

TC

TC

@Xenomorph60

I see where you're coming from, but why would the alien egg emerge from the woman's abdomen?

I guess the Mighty Morphin Power Goo can make anything do anything, but keeping things more biologically scientific, wouldn't the eggs emerge from the woman's birth canal i.e. vagina? They wouldn't have to be full sized eggs, they could be melon-sized at first and then grow.

TC

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TC on Apr 24, 2018, 12:47:08 PM
@Xenomorph60

I see where you're coming from, but why would the alien egg emerge from the woman's abdomen?

I guess the Mighty Morphin Power Goo can make anything do anything, but keeping things more biologically scientific, wouldn't the eggs emerge from the woman's birth canal i.e. vagina? They wouldn't have to be full sized eggs, they could be melon-sized at first and then grow.

TC

Well....Ouch.  :D

TC

TC

@Xenomorph60

Idea sounds reminiscent of the axolotl tanks of Tleilaxu (from Frank Herbert's Dune).

TC

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Quote from: TC on Apr 24, 2018, 12:47:08 PM
@Xenomorph60

TC
That's to disgusting, even in Alien terms.

Quote from: TC on Apr 25, 2018, 05:13:05 PM
@Xenomorph60

Idea sounds reminiscent of the axolotl tanks of Tleilaxu (from Frank Herbert's Dune).

TC
I haven't watched it so yeah sure it is.

TC

TC

Quote from: Xenomorph60 on Apr 25, 2018, 05:16:42 PM
That's to disgusting, even in Alien terms.

Probably. But Shaw came close to doing almost exactly this in Prometheus, if she hadn't had the emergency caesarian. If the story had actually required her to give birth to the trilobite I'm sure Scott would have found a way to tone it down somehow (e.g. offscreen action, reaction shots only).

Quote from: Xenomorph60 on Apr 25, 2018, 05:16:42 PM
  I haven't watched it so yeah sure it is.

Don't be insulted. I'm not accusing you of copying anything.

TC

SM

SM

Would've been interesting/ gross to see a trilobite birth.  It doesn't seem like it'd burst like a chestburster.  I'm guessing her belly would just swell to the point where it split open.

Or it found an easier route.

Damn you brain...

Corporal Hicks

Flashbacks to Dreamcatcher?

SM

SM

Same general region.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Flashback to species II I bet as well, that had the belly split open for the alien spawn to be born, and of course AVP-R did it as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed