Recent posts

The only bit I found egregiously dumb in Covenant was Oram leering over the egg just because David told him to, when only moments before David had shown he was less than sane of mind and probably had ulterior motives. To then have Oram decide, "Yeah, nah, you're probably trustworthy," came off as totally illogical.

Other things people regularly pick on, like Faris losing her shit on the lander, seemed pretty fair to me given what was going on at the time.

Prometheus was much worse in the dumbness stakes imo.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: The Crow remake
Last post by Stitch - Today at 07:21:47 AM
Oh tempting
Alien Films / Re: Alien is Dracula
Last post by Stitch - Today at 07:16:56 AM
Well, Dracula is a parasite that uses a victim's life to prolong his own, and I can see a parallel there. It's also a kind of allegory for disease, so I guess that's similar.  Nothing else, though.
Kane sticking his whole face in the egg was more over the top then either of those examples I reckon.  And Kane sticking his whole face in the egg never bothered me.
Recreational Area / Re: What made you unhappy toda...
Last post by SM - Today at 07:07:28 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 07:06:31 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Today at 05:45:04 AMYou probably feel pretty bourgeois as well

Indeed.  It's quite decadent, just as one would expect from western imperialist swine like me.  My ass is so clean you could eat off it!
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by SM - Today at 07:06:47 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 06:33:33 AM
Quote from: SM on Yesterday at 10:38:26 PMYeah I'm sure they sell to a stream provider at some point in the not to distant future. At least to rent.

Will you watch it then?

Not to rent, no.  Like Shadowfox said - when it's free, probably.

Any major revelations will be out on Youtube before that anyway.
Recreational Area / Re: Just Talk.
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 07:06:31 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Today at 05:45:04 AMYou probably feel pretty bourgeois as well

Indeed.  It's quite decadent, just as one would expect from western imperialist swine like me.  My ass is so clean you could eat off it!
correct. There are also similar situations in Covenant and Prometheus that could be attributed to excessive enthusiasm, but they often seem stupid or embarrassing.
For me, the scenes in which the character's departure was prepared were too careless.
When Ledward goes off to smoke a fag, it seems kind of uninspired.
It might have been interesting if a small but harmless shock effect had been included here:
-when Karine takes the water sample
A small creature could have jumped out of the water and she was so frightened that she threw the syringe into the air.
But the creature is harmless and disappears again.
They both laugh and Ledward goes to bring the syringe back to her. Only then does he accidentally step on the spore sacs on the ground. Same with Hallet. Instead of pressing his prong almost directly into the spore sacs like an idiot, he could have simply tripped and broken the things open and become infected.
It would have been possible to make everything seem a little less embarrassing without a lot of effort.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 06:41:34 AM
I'm patient enough to wait until it's free on prime like the other docs. Probably won't miss much anyway by doing so.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed