Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 908,257 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 08, 2010, 09:06:38 PM
He was fine. There was no need to do the exact same character.

He looked retarded under his mask.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 08, 2010, 09:08:08 PM

Fairly superficial reason to hate him.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 08, 2010, 09:12:24 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 08, 2010, 09:08:08 PM

Fairly superficial reason to hate him.

I didn't like his costume either, but to be honest I haven't read any comics with him in. :P

LarJaThwei

LarJaThwei

Damn, I love comics and I'll read almost any one but, there are very few characters I actually like. Let's see if I can even throw together a Top 10. :)

Why does everybody hate Ultimate Deadpool? Is he that bad looking?

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

PBA, you know I love you, man, but you gotta quit hatin' on my DC characters. I think first thing you need to do right now is go check out the trades of Justice League International. This one run alone will change your outlook on DC entirely.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 08, 2010, 07:46:04 PM
I prefer Marvel anyway, I just love the characters.

Plus, the new movies have *bursts into song* CONTINUITY! :D

LarJaThwei

LarJaThwei

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 08, 2010, 10:12:34 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 08, 2010, 07:46:04 PM
I prefer Marvel anyway, I just love the characters.

Plus, the new movies have *bursts into song* CONTINUITY! :D

ItsJustSomeRandomGuy?! Somebody should post his videos here.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jun 08, 2010, 10:03:24 PM
PBA, you know I love you, man, but you gotta quit hatin' on my DC characters. I think first thing you need to do right now is go check out the trades of Justice League International. This one run alone will change your outlook on DC entirely.

But I hate all the characters! :D

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Not after you read the book you won't. Trust me, the origins of Deadpool were quite literally in JLI.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jun 09, 2010, 01:42:50 PM
Not after you read the book you won't. Trust me, the origins of Deadpool were quite literally in JLI.

Deathstroke, right?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: LarJaThwei on Jun 08, 2010, 09:45:41 PM
Why does everybody hate Ultimate Deadpool? Is he that bad looking?

Judge for yourself.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I must admitt that while I love Superman and Batman, I'm not reading any of DC"s newst books, just cause I'm so far behind on events that happened before. Still I do plan on getting the new Batman Beyond Miniseries thats coming out.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 09, 2010, 01:45:51 PM
Deathstroke, right?

No, Deadpool. I worked at a comic shop for a long time. I don't get my characters confused. Obviously, its a DC book, so its not his literal origins, but the figurative origins of how the character came about, and was seen as a viable character to introduce, its all in there.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jun 09, 2010, 01:55:31 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 09, 2010, 01:45:51 PM
Deathstroke, right?

No, Deadpool. I worked at a comic shop for a long time. I don't get my characters confused. Obviously, its a DC book, so its not his literal origins, but the figurative origins of how the character came about, and was seen as a viable character to introduce, its all in there.

I know he was inspired by Deathstroke, and I think I've seen the panel you were talking about

That issue? 'Cause I know they created Deadpool as like a homage to Deathstroke, but more crazy.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

No. Justice League International was the first time in comics where it was ok for a character who would otherwise be treated seriously (such as a hideously-scarred mercenary) and treat him with a sense of humor. JLI essentially turned the entire concept of the Justice League on its ear. No Superman, no Wonder Woman, and after a while even Batman got fed up and left. Just a bunch of screwups trying to do something right with the world. And, you know, buying the occasional private island. That turns out to be sentient.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed