No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 908,361 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 26, 2014, 10:45:04 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Feb 26, 2014, 08:00:37 PM
Currently reading Batman: Death of the Family. This is some twisted Texas Chainsaw wear your faces as a mask shit.

Good god, I was feeling so f**king stressed out over this damn story arc when I read it. f**k.

Yeah....the part when they're all at the dinner table and they may or may not have had their faces sliced off was f**king sick.

SM

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 26, 2014, 10:46:01 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 26, 2014, 10:45:04 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Feb 26, 2014, 08:00:37 PM
Currently reading Batman: Death of the Family. This is some twisted Texas Chainsaw wear your faces as a mask shit.

Good god, I was feeling so f**king stressed out over this damn story arc when I read it. f**k.

Yeah....the part when they're all at the dinner table and they may or may not have had their faces sliced off was f**king sick.

Not only that, but
Spoiler
not knowing whether Alfred was killed off was f**king crushing me inside. I needed to know so bad if he was murdered, but at the same time I didn't want to know. The Joker was really f**king terrifying in this arc, I mean...he was sleeping underneath Gordon's bed just for fun!
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I'm reading a lot of comics now, all Marvel;

Deadpool
Deadpool: The Gauntlet
Night of the Living Deadpool
Thunderbolts
Punisher
Black Widow
She-Hulk
Ms. Marvel
X-Force
X-Men
All-New X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverine and the X-Men
Amazing X-Men

I have these on pre-order;

Deadpool vs Carnage
Moon Knight
Elektra
Captain Marvel
Original Sin

...whoopsie.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Mar 04, 2014, 08:38:52 PM
I'm reading a lot of comics now, all Marvel;

Deadpool
Deadpool: The Gauntlet
Night of the Living Deadpool
Thunderbolts
Punisher
Black Widow
She-Hulk
Ms. Marvel
X-Force
X-Men
All-New X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverine and the X-Men
Amazing X-Men

I have these on pre-order;

Deadpool vs Carnage
Moon Knight
Elektra
Captain Marvel
Original Sin

...whoopsie.

Spoiler
PBA! ;D

Spoiler
Try to get your hands on the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy :3

Spoiler
Also, the current Thor: God of Thunder series is really good.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 04, 2014, 09:06:46 PM
Spoiler
PBA! ;D

Spoiler
Try to get your hands on the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy :3

Spoiler
Also, the current Thor: God of Thunder series is really good.
[close]
[close]
[close]

I've seen the massive reading list for starting Guardians / getting in the know with cosmic Marvel and I really don't know if I can be bothered to read so much just to understand what's happening  :D
I've not tried Thor but I'm not reading any Avengers titles (outside of Shulkie, Black Widow and -- soon -- Captain Marvel) I don't find them that interesting in the comics as I do in the movies. I've heard nothing but good things from Thor, however, but I'm spending too much money as is!

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

I was just going to start, you know, reading the Guardians series.

Didn't know there would be a prerequisite to reading them ;-;

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, you don't need to read the Annihilation stuff beforehand (I didn't). The first issue basically tells you that, after the Annihilation events, the Guardians formed to preemptively prevent any cosmic threats like that from ever happening again.

I simply read the 25 issues (four volumes) of GotG and then The Thanos Imperative to cap it off and didn't feel like I missed anything.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Look to the left. That is amazing.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If only Samuel L. Jackson was able to stroll onto the Breaking Bad set in his Nick Fury costume like he wanted to :D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

DAMN YOU LEO, GOING TO THE DARK SIDE!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Figured this would be as good a thread as any to post this :)

Went to Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash today, and had a ton of fun. Walt Flanagan and Michael Zapcic were in the store. Flanagan seemed a bit stressed out (he was saying to someone that a shipment they were supposed to be getting was about two hours late), but Zapcic was hilarious. :D He cashed us out at the register.

Here's a couple pics, for anyone interested (sorry for the terrible cell phone picture quality):

Spoiler

And a bonus, the convenience store where some scenes in some of Kevin Smith's films were shot:

[close]

Picked this up while I was there:

Heard great things about the series, and this hardcover collects Hawkeye #1-11 and Young Avengers Presents #6.

First Blood

First Blood

Dude I am so f**king jelly you got to meet those guys!!! :)

Started reading Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender. I am really loving this at the moment. The team consists of Wolverine, Psylocke, Angel, Fantomex and Deadpool. They're basically a hit squad. They'll kill if they have to, and they do it a lot! :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 12, 2014, 03:41:42 AM
Dude I am so f**king jelly you got to meet those guys!!! :)

You're in New York, right? You should take a trip over there some day; I think you'd really enjoy it. :)

Read the first two issues of Hawkeye and I'm already in love. Clint feels right at home amidst the gorgeous stylized art, and the issues were just a ton of fun to read. Very down to earth with a lot of heart, but not at all lacking in the action department. I highly recommend it so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed