Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 908,045 times)

SM

SM

They still make X-Files comics?  I think I have around 30 issues of when it first started when X-Files was popular.

Recently finished...

I think I can officially say now, that while I love listening to what Grant Morrison has to day - I can't figure his comics out.  At all.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The X-Files: when your arc is so poorly planned out it only gets a proper conclusion in a comic a decade later.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Or, ya know, continuing TV shows that ended in creator-supervised comic book form is kind of the new thing to do now.

Aspie

Aspie

ugghhhh, Buffy the Vampire slayer.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 19, 2013, 11:21:17 PM
ugghhhh, Buffy the Vampire slayer.

Hush and read!

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 19, 2013, 07:53:17 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 19, 2013, 07:52:32 PM
X-Files Season 10 - Issue 1.

I was so worried that I wasn't going to like it, but the issue turned out great once shit hit the fan. There's a lot of promise for this story arc and I really hope it blows me away, because this could all go to shit real fast.
More or less how I feel. Can't wait for the next issue.

*double hi fives*  :D

The art work took some getting used to but it conveys the atmosphere and story perfectly. I literally got chills when those hooded figures confronted scully.

and..Monthly releases...THE PAIN!!!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Dude, I was freaking out during that moment when Mulder went into Skinner's place.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Just finished Age of Ultron yesterday. When I saw Galactus appear in the Ultimate universe, I understood just what the hell was going on. I can't help but fear that Marvel is going to drop the ball again.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Wait, I haven't been following. What's going on?

SM

SM

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 20, 2013, 10:42:15 PM

Spoiler
Ultron attacked our characters. Apparently the whole planet has gone to shit and only a few heroes are left alive, trying to fight back. What ends up happening is that we find out that Ultron is in the future attacking our heroes in the present. They go and look for Nick Fury because he's the only one who is sure to have prepared for such an apocalyptic event of this size. They find him and then come up with a plan on how to take him down.

The plan is to simply go into the future and kill Ultron. Wolverine doesn't like the idea and proposes that they go back in the past to kill Hank Pym before he even creates Ultron. Wolverine's main reason is because no matter what they tell Hank, he;ll still see Ultron as a challenge that he can beat (oh hey, he might kill you all in the fututure? No problem, I'll make him not to, k thnx bye). Wolverine ain't having that. So he travels into the past while the other heroes go into the future, and some even stay in the present.

Sue Storm follows Wolverine into the past. They both make it to New York to put a stop to Hank Pym, along the way I believe Sue is trying to tell Wolverine that there has to be another way, he keeps denying that there is. Wolverine finally makes it to Hank's lab and confronts him, he tells him everything that has gone down and proceeds to attack Hank. Sue intervenes but Wolverine convinces her that this is the right thing to do. Wolverine ends up killing Hank Pym and hopes that whatever future they go to is one that surely is better than the one they left. It's not.

They enter a world where magic is pretty much the dominant force instead of Technology or some shit. Iron Man is basically some dictator or something...either that or he's like some Guardian who has tech every f**king which way. Some bullshit about Morgana Le Fey being the villain and who the f**k knows what, it's real stupid...none of it makes sense. So what ends up happening is that Wolverine goes back in time to prevent himself from killing Pym. He and his other self come to terms and Hank decides to make a killswitch that will guarantee that Ultron is put down when the shit hits the fan again. Wolverine tells his other self to kill him because only one of them can go back. So that happens. Sue and Wolverine are now back in the future (our present) but they get there before anything happens. So later we see Pym getting a some mail with a video  of himself saying that he might not remember the event that almost killed him (Wolverine and Wolverine and Sue showing up...it's madness) but that he made the killswitch against Ultron.

Ultron shows up, killswitch is engaged, everything ends up fine...UNTIL - some bullshit about how their time traveling has f**ked everything up...the multi-verse is tearing itself into every direction (which is why we have Galactus showing up in the Ultimate U) and now all multi-verses, everything that we have seen in the past, present and future, are all converging, and any one universe can have thing, or people, or whatever transfer over to whatever universe it can. Tony Stark asks how this is possible since they've done time travelling before...apparently this time it was one too many (bullshit).

So there you have it...Age of Ultron was merely a f**king waste of space simply to have all this other bullshit possible. So now Angela is in the f**king Marvel U (does this mean that all comic books are all connected regardless of anything?) This explains why we'll have Spidey 2099 making an appearance in the 616 Universe, and all other kinds of shit.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 21, 2013, 12:20:31 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 20, 2013, 10:42:15 PM

Spoiler
Ultron attacked our characters. Apparently the whole planet has gone to shit and only a few heroes are left alive, trying to fight back. What ends up happening is that we find out that Ultron is in the future attacking our heroes in the present. They go and look for Nick Fury because he's the only one who is sure to have prepared for such an apocalyptic event of this size. They find him and then come up with a plan on how to take him down.

The plan is to simply go into the future and kill Ultron. Wolverine doesn't like the idea and proposes that they go back in the past to kill Hank Pym before he even creates Ultron. Wolverine's main reason is because no matter what they tell Hank, he;ll still see Ultron as a challenge that he can beat (oh hey, he might kill you all in the fututure? No problem, I'll make him not to, k thnx bye). Wolverine ain't having that. So he travels into the past while the other heroes go into the future, and some even stay in the present.

Sue Storm follows Wolverine into the past. They both make it to New York to put a stop to Hank Pym, along the way I believe Sue is trying to tell Wolverine that there has to be another way, he keeps denying that there is. Wolverine finally makes it to Hank's lab and confronts him, he tells him everything that has gone down and proceeds to attack Hank. Sue intervenes but Wolverine convinces her that this is the right thing to do. Wolverine ends up killing Hank Pym and hopes that whatever future they go to is one that surely is better than the one they left. It's not.

They enter a world where magic is pretty much the dominant force instead of Technology or some shit. Iron Man is basically some dictator or something...either that or he's like some Guardian who has tech every f**king which way. Some bullshit about Morgana Le Fey being the villain and who the f**k knows what, it's real stupid...none of it makes sense. So what ends up happening is that Wolverine goes back in time to prevent himself from killing Pym. He and his other self come to terms and Hank decides to make a killswitch that will guarantee that Ultron is put down when the shit hits the fan again. Wolverine tells his other self to kill him because only one of them can go back. So that happens. Sue and Wolverine are now back in the future (our present) but they get there before anything happens. So later we see Pym getting a some mail with a video  of himself saying that he might not remember the event that almost killed him (Wolverine and Wolverine and Sue showing up...it's madness) but that he made the killswitch against Ultron.

Ultron shows up, killswitch is engaged, everything ends up fine...UNTIL - some bullshit about how their time traveling has f**ked everything up...the multi-verse is tearing itself into every direction (which is why we have Galactus showing up in the Ultimate U) and now all multi-verses, everything that we have seen in the past, present and future, are all converging, and any one universe can have thing, or people, or whatever transfer over to whatever universe it can. Tony Stark asks how this is possible since they've done time travelling before...apparently this time it was one too many (bullshit).

So there you have it...Age of Ultron was merely a f**king waste of space simply to have all this other bullshit possible. So now Angela is in the f**king Marvel U (does this mean that all comic books are all connected regardless of anything?) This explains why we'll have Spidey 2099 making an appearance in the 616 Universe, and all other kinds of shit.
[close]

I remember when comics didn't need to have a giant event crossover every few months.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The thing about this one is that it was actually good in the beginning. It wasn't until they had to introduce that Hank Pym part of the storyline that the comic started to wane in quality. It's a damn shame that this comic was intended from the start to pretty much be a big advertisement to all the comics that will be affected by this event. I was really into it and then it just fell flat on its face.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed