Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails"

Started by Tough little S.O.B., Mar 02, 2015, 05:41:34 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails" (Read 82,180 times)

Necro

God I hope he doesn't ***k with Ellen....her closure was perfect in Alien 3...sigh...Yes Ellen is better than Ripley 8, but a TRUE visionary could end Ripley 8's story and make it grand much like Alien and Aliens, without resorting to poor fan-fiction ideas...

GQSioux

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Mar 03, 2015, 12:39:04 AM
Remember, both Neill and Sigourney are talking about ending Ripley's story arc - I think that means either ignoring 3+4 completely, or developing the idea of all 3 human survivors being cloned perhaps several 100 times and being sent into space to monitor how they deal with the xeno in different environments. Perhaps it's part of an elaborate programme to make the ultimate war machine, part human part xeno, as the artwork suggests. That would also ramp up the hatred for the company.

I'd love to see Guy Pearce somehow involved.

And he's also said he wants to "fill in that gap" and previously stated he didn't want to "undo" Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection.  Maybe he just wants one last adventure with Ripley and Hicks, giving them some closure and having Ripley deal with a few loose ends. One being, the Derelict spacecraft. As someone said earlier in this thread, it also gives opportunity to explain the different cryotubes and mystery egg. I prefer this inbetween movies idea instead of flat out erasing what happened in Alien3. It's still all speculation though.

Son Of Kane

It's grasping at straws, the fact is that it'll an alternate timeline sequel.

FiorinaFury161

As long as the film entertwines with Alien3 (at the film's conclusion) I am all for it.

NetworkATTH

Look, the dude is obviously doing his own thing, people just need to accept that at this point because that's all we know and to assume he'll fit it into the continuity or if Fox even wants that at this point is more conjecture than saying this is a separate continuity.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Mar 03, 2015, 12:39:04 AM
I'd love to see Guy Pearce somehow involved.

Ohhh, he could be a head in a jar like in Futurama.

stroggificated

I feel bad for Alien3.
By far it has the best movie score. Alone for this i can't forget that flick. And Ripley's jump scene...  :'(

Let's see which timeline i'll like more and if NB can make a better third part.
It can't get worse than Prometheus or AvP1, though. Right?  ;D

Mike

There seems to be to many ideals posted here for this next sequel. Taken words from Robert Rodriguez movies with too many ideals never really go nowhere. That you can tell they just had too much ideals and not simple to be affected. He used this techique for Predators. I kind of agree. Just make a awsome Pop-corn film! A sequel to Aliens and make a awesome film!

T Dog

Quote from: stroggificated on Mar 03, 2015, 01:05:32 AM
I feel bad for Alien3.
By far it has the best movie score. Alone for this i can't forget that flick. And Ripley's jump scene...  :'(

Let's see which timeline i'll like more and if NB can make a better third part.
It can't get worse than Prometheus or AvP1, though. Right?  ;D

Also has truly beautiful cinematography and some terrific acting.

Xenomorphine

Like I pointed out earlier, look at the new quotes. There's no way this is going to be set between movies. Debating how is pointless.

He says that he thinks the third movie "never happened" and that, speaking of the post-'Aliens' continuity, "that's not the world I want."

Like it or not, this is going to be its own thing. It's replacing those movies - which is a better idea. Otherwise, there's no suspense and we'd already know what happens to Ripley and co.

Alien³

The suspense will come from whether Lt. Elderly Cripley can even make it up a flight of stairs. :D

marrerom

Quote from: Ed209 on Mar 02, 2015, 11:45:14 PM
Why not just change the idea to follow on from AR?
Ripley as Ripley 8, Hicks as Johner, Bishop as Vriess, Newt as Call and The Company as USCM?
A quick rewrite could make it all fit.
Honestly if they are dismissing 3 and 4 I would prefer at least an acknowledgement of a bad dream or something. As cheesy as that is, at least it would not render those films completely useless. Alien 3 is imo an excellent film, AR less so but still has earned its place in the Alien canon.

^ this^

It would take little effort to have the film fit into continuity.  I would rather Ripley 8 be the protagonist because she is a very interesting character and her mixed DNA fits in with the themes and concepts introduced by Prometheus.

Samhain13

Neill really seems like a butthurt ALIENS fanboy

MCP

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 03, 2015, 01:37:51 AM
The suspense will come from whether Lt. Elderly Cripley can even make it up a flight of stairs. :D

That's a little mean, dude.  If Arnold and Sly can do it, why not Sigourney?  I actually think it would be interesting to see an almost 70 year old woman in an action role.

Samhain13

Quote from: MCP on Mar 03, 2015, 01:55:52 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 03, 2015, 01:37:51 AM

That's a little mean, dude.  If Arnold and Sly can do it, why not Sigourney?  I actually think it would be interesting to see an almost 70 year old woman in an action role.

Arnold and Sly have trained themselves in a way that we can take them seriously

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed