AvP-3 POLL Would you go see another sequel?

Started by Slugworth, Dec 26, 2007, 07:07:35 PM

Based on what you saw in AvP Requiem, would you go see another sequel?

Hell yes!
190 (54.8%)
I'll check it out.
59 (17%)
I don't think so.
12 (3.5%)
Hell no!
27 (7.8%)
Yes, and the Brothers Strause should direct it.
22 (6.3%)
Not sure, would take some convincing.
37 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 304

Author
AvP-3 POLL Would you go see another sequel? (Read 41,635 times)

Weasel

Mortal Kombat 1 is the only movie I think Anderson did alright with.

Airidok

It did well in theaters, but I find it... Unwatchable. I'm sure I'm one of the few who think so, but still...

Weasel

Well it's 100% better than its sequel.

xenopal

At least Anderson's AVP was well lit and well imagined with some gorgeous effects to boot, which I truly enjoyed.  Yes, it fell short of the mark.  But at least you could see it! Most of this new film is poorly lit.  If I'm watching a film I can't see, what's the point?!

Airidok

Quote from: xenopal on Dec 27, 2007, 01:46:26 AM
At least Anderson's AVP was well lit and well imagined with some gorgeous effects to boot, which I truly enjoyed.  Yes, it fell short of the mark.  But at least you could see it! Most of this new film is poorly lit.  If I'm watching a film I can't see, what's the point?!

In other words, you hated Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, and Predator 2? Because they were all done with as little lighting as possible, James Cameron had some of his crew walk out on him because of how little light he wanted in the shots.

Weasel

It wasn't because it was too dark, it was because of choppy editing that they were hard to see.

Airidok

It wasn't as bad as everyone's saying though.

xenopal

It's not just about the lighting...How about a terribly written and shallow script?  How about horrible acting?
How about characters you could care less about? Should I go on?

Yes.  Those others had some dark sequences.  But they were comprehensible and well crafted.  It is just about impossible to see anything in this new film though.  Just about every set and every shot is just way too dark.

Slugworth

Quote from: xenopal on Dec 27, 2007, 01:14:52 AM
I just saw AVP-R.  Unfortunately!!!  I will absolutely NOT go and see AVP-3 if it is directed by the INEPT "Brothers Strausse".  Except for the Predator homeworld sequence, this film is a complete piece of trash in every way. It is a disaster and a travesty. Pure garbage, nuff said!

Are you sure that you're not taking your frustration out on the wrong guys?
Maybe the writing was the problem, and it that case, you should blame Shane Salerno.

Visually, I think the movie is fantastic, and that's all thanks to the Strauses.  They did a great job with what they had to work with. They're anything but inept... they just need practice.

The acting... well... some of the actors had it, some didn't.   I still don't necessarily blame the Strauses...
the Brothers are not acting coaches or casting directors. They're artists.

I think we can all agree that when it came down to Alien/Predator ass-kicking, this movie delivered.  Any higher expectations than that, and you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

-slug

Cellien

Quote from: Airidok on Dec 27, 2007, 01:35:54 AM
Quote from: xenopal on Dec 27, 2007, 01:29:50 AM
You're right!  It is their first film.  Probably also their last.  I've been a true fan of these films for over twenty years.  I am more upset with FOX for giving my two most beloved franchises over to a pair of novices to practice on, dissect, experiment with and ultimately destroy.  These films/franchises have a massive loyal fan base.  Do you think giving them to these guys was a wise and prudent decision?

Come one man, these guys did a better job than people who have made a dozen or more films.

ANDERSON MADE MORTAL KOMBAT for crying out loud. And he still ha d a career after that.

Anderson is a competent director.  He DIRECTS well.  AvP had great direction, it's the writing (that he did) that was not so hot.  Look at some of his other movies he did like Event Horizon.. It's good sh*t.  I think Anderson directing AvP with a different writer might have damn well been VERY good.

Saberfox

Yes, yes I would see another.  Most definately.

Janke

i duno i think if we quit being nit picky bastards this movie was quite entertaining. i really enjoyed it.

TheAncientEnemy

TheAncientEnemy

I've said enough so from now on whenever anyone says they would still give AVP a chance I will only post this.

Krisjohn

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 27, 2007, 01:50:08 AM
It wasn't because it was too dark, it was because of choppy editing that they were hard to see.
The quick cuts may have obscured the details of the fights and the suits (which I think is a valid creative decision), but at least there's no Bourne Ultimatum-esq motion-sickness-inducing shakey-cam crap.

Slugworth

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Dec 27, 2007, 06:08:48 AM
I've said enough so from now on whenever anyone says they would still give AVP a chance I will only post this.

Ummm...   what?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed